Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

On my raptor I mounted my keypad by the back license plate lip. Where the overhang is for the plate. Fit perfectly and well hidden; not that it needs to be. Sure I gotta get low to punch in the keys, but good enough for the 5x a year I'll probably use the keypad.

On my badlands it went in the fuel door, but like the OP stated it doesnt fit on raptors that way. I didnt think to remove the trim piece, but found by the license plate it works great and blends in.
Sponsored

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, I had one of these keyless entry pads on my 2000 Expedition, but with key fobs today, what's the point of the keyless entry pad?
On my raptor I mounted my keypad by the back license plate lip. Where the overhang is for the plate. Fit perfectly and well hidden; not that it needs to be. Sure I gotta get low to punch in the keys, but good enough for the 5x a year I'll probably use the keypad.

On my badlands it went in the fuel door, but like the OP stated it doesnt fit on raptors that way. I didnt think to remove the trim piece, but found by the license plate it works great and blends in.
Pic please

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Pic please
I knew I should have posted one. The unfortunate part is my raptor is in for service. I have a tranny cooler leak. Fun times under 500 miles. Probably something from the assembly line, and glad I noticed it while installing some upgrades, otherwise the leak is so minimal I wouldnt have noticed for probably months when the tranny went. The leak doesnt even make it to the ground, just on the hoses.

That said if you look at your rear license plate area, you'll see a lip over the top of the plate you can mount the keypad to numbers facing down, and no overhang of the keypad. Flush fit!

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can also lock and unlock with the Ford App. I always have my phone with me.
Wonā€™t work without cell service. Like when camping in a remote area.

Also, if Iā€™m going tubing down the river (or some other water sport) I donā€™t want to bring my phone with me for the same reason I want to leave the fob behind.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wonā€™t work without cell service. Like when camping in a remote area.

Also, if Iā€™m going tubing down the river (or some other water sport) I donā€™t want to bring my phone with me for the same reason I want to leave the fob behind.
This is the reason I ordered. We go camping in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in northern MN where there is no cell coverage. We leave the keys in the vehicle. Itā€™s refreshing to have no contact with the outside world for a week or so.

Last edited:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can also lock and unlock with the Ford App. I always have my phone with me.
As do I, but I don't always have cell service to make that happen. That includes my own driveway.

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was one of the ones that always locked my keys inside my super duty's until my 16 I had was stolen. I was lucky that my ins. co. still paid the total but I have heard others not so lucky. I like the keypad for the awe crap, forgot to grab something and I can just punch in the code to get in etc. but be careful y'all.
In another thread, someone mentioned that locking with the keypad disables the startup until the keypad is unlocked. So even with the fob inside, if someone breaks into the car they can't just drive away.

Michael Crowe

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since I dont like the way the keypad looks mounted on the door I thought this was a great alternative when I first saw someone do this to their regular Bronco. Well the Raptor's gas door is smaller than the standard Bronco so you have to pop off the plastic trim and mount it diagonally but it just barely fits. Just in case any of you were contemplating this to hide the keypad.

AA560592-0CC7-495C-A326-092FE218EE05_1_102_o.jpeg
Since I dont like the way the keypad looks mounted on the door I thought this was a great alternative when I first saw someone do this to their regular Bronco. Well the Raptor's gas door is smaller than the standard Bronco so you have to pop off the plastic trim and mount it diagonally but it just barely fits. Just in case any of you were contemplating this to hide the keypad.

AA560592-0CC7-495C-A326-092FE218EE05_1_102_o.jpeg

Sponsored

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The cover pops easy and to get the keypad you can use a NYLON string to gently remove the glue portion by sliding it under.

keypad.jpeg

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is it not wired in? Is it just a stick on? A glorified remote control? If so, I want one.

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, Iā€™m confused. Doesnā€™t the fuel door lock when you lock the vehicle?