First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Since I dont like the way the keypad looks mounted on the door I thought this was a great alternative when I first saw someone do this to their regular Bronco. Well the Raptor's gas door is smaller than the standard Bronco so you have to pop off the plastic trim and mount it diagonally but it just barely fits. Just in case any of you were contemplating this to hide the keypad.

Ford Bronco Keypad mounted inside gas door on Bronco Raptor AA560592-0CC7-495C-A326-092FE218EE05_1_102_o
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So does the cover pop right back on? I wanted to move mine to the B pillar, then they switched to body colored covers.

OP
OP
Raptor Guy

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So does the cover pop right back on? I wanted to move mine to the B pillar, then they switched to body colored covers.
I don't know if the colored covers are the same. I ordered this keypad through Ford parts and they are just generic black covers that pop off easily.

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't know if the colored covers are the same. I ordered this keypad through Ford parts and they are just generic black covers that pop off easily.
I might do this with my Braptor. What is the best process for popping it off without breaking it off ?

OP
OP
Raptor Guy

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I might do this with my Braptor. What is the best process for popping it off without breaking it off ?
The keypad is held in the faceplate by those two tabs on either end. It should pop out with very little effort.

IMG_3297.jpeg

Sponsored

Aradmcc

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue, Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I had one of these keyless entry pads on my 2000 Expedition, but with key fobs today, what's the point of the keyless entry pad?

Reactions: bek

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, I had one of these keyless entry pads on my 2000 Expedition, but with key fobs today, what's the point of the keyless entry pad?
I had it on my '02 Ford Explorer and I liked that I could go somewhere and if I didn't want to carry my keys with me, I could just lock them in the car. Then punch in the keypad code to get back in and off I go.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love the keypad for the beach, fishing, hiking or as I found out last weekend a concert. Leave the key in the center console, lock it with the keypad and forget about it. No need to worry about dropping my key in the river or off the kayak. That's awesome.

Sponsored

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you do anything in the water and don't want to take your keys (paddle boarding, swimming, scuba diving, etc...). I leave mine locked inside, hidden and with the battery removed.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not having to dig my key out of my purse nor having to manipulate my phone.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you do anything in the water and don't want to take your keys (paddle boarding, swimming, scuba diving, etc...). I leave mine locked inside, hidden and with the battery removed.
I remember back in the day that was a legit concern. Scuba diving from the beach, make sure you key is safe. I know of someone who lost their key while we were diving…we were under for about an hour, no idea when they lost it. Getting back into the barracks that afternoon was a little harder than usual.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was one of the ones that always locked my keys inside my super duty's until my 16 I had was stolen. I was lucky that my ins. co. still paid the total but I have heard others not so lucky. I like the keypad for the awe crap, forgot to grab something and I can just punch in the code to get in etc. but be careful y'all.

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven’t use mine once. Not once! I couldn’t put my code in correctly so I just left it there since it’s painted the same color of my Bronco and doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb like the black ones. But damn, I couldn’t, for the life of me, get my own code in.
Sponsored