Sponsored

Last Call: Manual vs. Auto.. Why? (HELP!!)

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep going back and forth. The extra power or the extra control...

I've only owned 1 vehicle before which was an auto, but I've driven other people's manuals before and enjoyed it. If I could get 2.7 manual, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I worry I'll regret the smaller engine.
Sponsored

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

4. My wife tells me I can get it whatever way I want. She also said I can configure the Bronco to my liking.

=manual
This is a big one for me – wife is on board with a manual. Will need to teach her how to drive stick or maybe sign her up for some MT drivers courses but in the end I think it will be worth it.

Mattmquin

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne GTS / Wrangler - TJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a big one for me – wife is on board with a manual. Will need to teach her how to drive stick or maybe sign her up for some MT drivers courses but in the end I think it will be worth it.
Can you guys help me with your talk track with your wives? I’m not winning this MT argument.

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you guys help me with your talk track with your wives? I’m not winning this MT argument.
Lmao! Just tell her the Cayenne GTS is all hers and that driving manual is the new woke

Mattmquin

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne GTS / Wrangler - TJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lmao! Just tell her the Cayenne GTS is all hers and that driving manual is the new woke
Tried that. And not sure what a woke is. Maybe that’s my problem.

Sponsored

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have you tried the safety route: Manual keeps driver engaged with eyes on road instead of the iPhone

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm so glad they offer a MT, that said I'm going AT.

There is a long story of my woes with an AT and HATE for them however, the new generation autos are awesome, intelligent shifting and power gets to the ground. Not so in years past.

I'm buying this for more of an overlander, still got my rubicon for the harder stuff.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep going back and forth. The extra power or the extra control...

I've only owned 1 vehicle before which was an auto, but I've driven other people's manuals before and enjoyed it. If I could get 2.7 manual, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I worry I'll regret the smaller engine.
I recommend you go test a 2.3l Ranger, albeit with the 10AT only, to get an idea of the power. I did this and I have no concerns about the power, especially when we get it mated to the 7MT. Compared with the dual-scroll on the 2.7 in my F150 there is a bit of lag when hitting the throttle, but no more than any other single turbo I’ve driven.

I ordered the 2.3/7MT in a 4dr BL with no regrets.

(edit: fixed some wording)

Last edited:

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok guys I put my order in today. I changed my mind at the last minute (last night) and ended up going 2.7L v6 w/ the 10 spd auto. I haven't had a MT vehicle in almost 20 years. I went and test drove a MT Jeep and the experience was not what I was expecting. Once I got the gears down it was fine but it was a lot of work. All of the romanticism of having a MT completely melted away as I was reflecting on the experience on my drive home. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but the experience of the test drive was enough to change my mind.

One thing that was really funny, even though I only drove the vehicle for 20 mins my foot kept trying to find the clutch on my way home (in my own vehicle). Muscle memory came back pretty quick :ROFLMAO:.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whoa that might be a game changer! I was going to just have seat heaters added aftermarket... not sure what else in the mid package I really need though... what’s everyone’s main feature they want from mid package?
Mike Levine confirmed on January 11th that it isn't available:

Screenshot_20210203-212402_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sponsored

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
yeah just going base man squatch now and adding leather and heated seats as my only mods.

Last edited:

MyFirstBronco01

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Still a little bit on the fence, but leaning towards the manual. I'd have to put an exhaust on it to listen cuz I got good ole hearing issues at 23 lol but I ride a crotch rocket and its a ton of fun. Short and light people dont strain small bikes even a little bit lol

rmanecke

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83CJ / 87YJ Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it was a daily driver - I would have gotten the auto.

Since this is a backup / toy / fun car for me, I went with the manual. Also, I have a kid learning to drive, and I would like to teach him how to operate a MT.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Guys — if you are on the fence keep in mind this might be one of the last opportunities to own *any* vehicle that comes new with three pedals
All fixed up
Sponsored