Sponsored

Late pulling the trigger - what happens to my reservations?

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi. I had 2 reservations, a FE and a Base. I missed the deadline for converting the Base reservation. What happens to it? Can I still convert it for 2022 or is it 'gone' (and I'll receive a refund?)
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi. I had 2 reservations, a FE and a Base. I missed the deadline for converting the Base reservation. What happens to it? Can I still convert it for 2022 or is it 'gone' (and I'll receive a refund?)
It will not be considered for the first 3 months of production. Unless your dealer converted it without your knowledge. Which creates a whole different set of problems... You will not lose your place in line for the second quarter, and depending on your time stamp, may well be at the beginning of Q2 of builds....

OP
OP

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It will not be considered for the first 3 months of production. Unless your dealer converted it without your knowledge. Which creates a whole different set of problems... You will not lose your place in line for the second quarter, and depending on your time stamp, may well be at the beginning of Q2 of builds....
Thanks! So my reservations and "place in line" aren't lost - but they are now a place in line for 2022?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
1st quarter of production are considered June July and August. (maybe part of May, but it seems they are building dealer samples in May) September, October and November would be considered 2nd quarter. December will be all 2022 production. If you want to get it in 2022, you can still put your order it but have your dealer put it in as a code 99 until you are ready...

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! So my reservations and "place in line" aren't lost - but they are now a place in line for 2022?
Your place in Line-1 is lost, you're now in line-2. You'll just get your bronco later than the ones that have converted.

EDITED...and i dont read good. (thx @Trueblue2296 )

Last edited:

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your place in Line-1 is lost, you're now in line-2. You'll just get your bronco later than the ones that have converted.

Also it is unknown if your reservation holds for a FE, as you didnt convert.... <<< anyone know this answer? I suspect your dealer may have snuck your FE order it.

I suggest NOT calling the dealer, and call Ford Care. Ask them the status of your order by giving them your name and reservation number. If they come back and give you full details of your order, that means that your dealer stole your reservation and converted it without your consent. I would continue to talk to Ford Care and tell them that you did NOT consent to that and that you wanted your dealership changed. This then becomes a win-win for you. 1. you get a Line-1 order, 2. Dealer gets screwed and they wont know about it for a long long time. 3. You never need to talk to the dealer, as Ford will handle it on the back end.

Good luck.
If you read the post it only sounds like he didn’t convert the base order. He made the FE order so it shouldn’t be an issue.
Sponsored