Newface

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are currently 9,117 total retail unscheduled orders as of 11/6/23.

Retail USOB: Is the current mix of retail orders in the unscheduled order bank (USOB) at the time the report was run. The report only looks at orders that are “clean”, meaning they do not have a compatibility error, material hold or on 99 priority code.

See previous commodity report.

Ford Bronco Latest Bronco Production Key Commodity Constraints + Total Retail Unscheduled Orders (11/6/23) page 8
Sponsored

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for posting these constraint numbers. Do these posts apply to future 2024 orders as well?

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does the engine options not add up to 100%? Are the missing 26% of those 9,117 orders Raptors?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for posting these constraint numbers. Do these posts apply to future 2024 orders as well?
Technically, no, these numbers do not apply to 2024 orders. But you can look at the last several commodity reports to get a general sense of what may be constrained once 2024 production starts.

These commodity reports are basically a snapshot in time and are only valid for the current scheduling period. Sometimes a certain component/option/package is constrained for a single scheduling period, sometimes it lasts for multiple periods, sometimes it lasts for months, and sometimes (such as with the hard top) it lasts for years. It all depends.

These reports are really intended to give dealers a general sense of what type of orders they should submit as stock orders for this particular scheduling period. If they see Ford has a ton of capacity for soft top Outer Banks, for example, they can submit a handful of stock orders with that configuration and be reasonably confident those orders will be scheduled in the next few weeks to fill out their lot.

For us as customers, its usefulness is limited unless you are the type of person that is willing to make potentially major sacrifices on your build in order to get scheduled ASAP. It can actually become misleading and send people down the wrong path. For example... if you ordered a 2024 manual transmission you may look at this report and start freaking out about it, but they don't have any manual transmission orders left in the order bank for 2023, so obviously they're not going bother ensuring they have capacity to build them.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I waited 2 years for my Bronco. I miss the wait, excitement, disappointment, and forum banter so I decided to order a Ranger Raptor. I’m a sick person I know. My guess is two years for the raptor to show. Stay pumped. 😀
I waited 2 and half years for my Bronco, I ain't got No more wait left in me 🍍🍕

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I waited 2 years for my Bronco. I miss the wait, excitement, disappointment, and forum banter so I decided to order a Ranger Raptor. I’m a sick person I know. My guess is two years for the raptor to show. Stay pumped. 😀
I'm inching up on a year and its been full of drama from finding a dealer with a very low ADM, to barely getting an allocation, to the strike and now the potential for a cancellation with a $10k+ impact. Although I obviously want the wait to be over, I definitely see and agree with your point above. The Ranger Raptor is a fantastic truck. Is there a good "support group" for that endeavour? Are you going to get it at MSRP?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They fixed the constraint problem with 2 door 2023 Heritage configurations... LOL. They just canceled them all and called it done (and don't think that you can just order it for 2024, nope).

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They fixed the constraint problem with 2 door 2023 Heritage configurations... LOL. They just canceled them all and called it done (and don't think that you can just order it for 2024, nope).
My biggest fear is that ford will decide manuals and 2 doors aren't worth the trouble and they discontinue the bronco again.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Constraint, Constrained
"Severely restricted in scope, extent, or activity".

weird on so many levels. when will it end? I believe it's the new world order for the the foreseeable future. deal with it and get over it (or complain and piss in the wind).

Zybore

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2024
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Constraints, as used here, must be modern business school/MBA theory for "It's not my fault, loosing is the new winning, blame the guy that wanted to sell it in the first place". The current suits see more people wanting to buy something more they are currently making as a problem with the customer to be solved by limiting who can and what they can buy. Oh, and raise the prices high so you need to make less. Back years when they were winning, businesses saw it as an opportunity to sell more and the solution was to make more of what the customer wanted at profitable prices more can afford.

Four years now and each year my build has less and less of what I wanted for more money and the wait is not shorter. I pulled the trigger in 2024 because it isn't going to be better next cycle. Probably switch to manual hubs or something. Maybe any color as long as it is black. Oh right, they cannot make black paint anymore.

This always reminds me of the suit in "Ford vs. Ferrari" he wanting Ford to loose so management would think he was the winner instead.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Constraint, Constrained
"Severely restricted in scope, extent, or activity".

weird on so many levels. when will it end? I believe it's the new world order for the the foreseeable future. deal with it and get over it (or complain and piss in the wind).
You know, we've seen it in the past... Companies colluding to raise prices. What was the word for that again?

I'm starting to think the auto industry has no interest in fixing the supply chain. They all seem perfectly content to sell cookie cutter builds at inflated prices.
Sponsored