First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im not a new car kinda guy, the 96 is the newest I've ever owned(its okay because its engine was designed in the 60s). For the Bronco I'm making an exception to that rule, I always told myself I would do that for a Mustang or the right kind of van. However the new vans are getting too expensive and the Mustangs wont make it down my road. Some day I will put a 302(347) and a Jericho Toploader(they have one for hi-po 4wd EBs) in my Eagle and that will satisfy my muscle car needs. My old beloved 79 Ford Quadravan is currently in ruin thanks to an auto trans that caught fire. But I have the chassis, the 460, and the NP205. I am toying with building a custom aluminum body for it after I find a ZF 5speed (or a T18 and a Gear Vendors OD).

One new style car is all I can really handle. The Bronco will be good even with the lil 2.3. I will just build it up to about 350hp 450tq and be happy with it. But I do need lockers and good suspension. So hopefully the good suspension will be an option on the Black Diamond, so I can get my lockers and rubber floors.
Sponsored

Broncode

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One just has to look at what Toyota did with the 2020 Supra. Toyota didn’t offer a manual transmission, and what a surprise....2020 Supra sales slumping and 1994-1998 Supra sales surging.

There is no magic formula or recipe, give the people a car that made the original car a huge success and you will be rewarded with huge sales. The new Bronco is (so far) looking to be a badass rig. It’s not 100%, but it’s new and there is plenty of time for a “SVT” Ford Performance version....which might get a V8 or TTV6 w/manual, SFA, mechanical transfercase, etc... Let’s see what happens in the coming months or year.

Let’s all just be glad Ford didn’t partner up with BMW on this vehicle. Toyota is hurting on this one.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7 manual isn't going to happen. What we need to push for is a manual sasquatch. We know the transmission is already there, and we know it can be paired with 4.70 gears and F/R lockers on the Badlands. VERY small amount of engineering dollars to offer manual sasquatch. We MAY lose the front dig and/or one pedal trail control, but that's a tradeoff most manual enthusiasts would take.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7 manual isn't going to happen. What we need to push for is a manual sasquatch. We know the transmission is already there, and we know it can be paired with 4.70 gears and F/R lockers on the Badlands. VERY small amount of engineering dollars to offer manual sasquatch. We MAY lose the front dig and/or one pedal trail control, but that's a tradeoff most manual enthusiasts would take.
We don't Know this. It is "highly" unlikely though.
We need to push for Both.... 2.7L w/MT and SAS w/MT.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We don't Know this. It is "highly" unlikely though.
We need to push for Both.... 2.7L w/MT and SAS w/MT.
You're right, we don't know for sure, but since the 2.7 isn't offered in any other product with a manual, the engineering investment is going to be much more expensive than the software tweaks needed to get a 2.3/7MT sasquatch out to the public.

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. There really should be NO reason you can't get Sasquatch on a 2.3L manual Badlands trim. You already have it ready to go with everything on the Badlands minus the 35's. Seems to be no reason the manual 2.3 can't turn that easily enough. You already even have the 4.7 rear end.

Maybe that is the only trim level you get where you can have that exact combination, but so be it. At least it would be there if you want manual from the factory with Sasquatch.

At this point I'm leaning toward just ordering a Badlands and then swapping the 285/70/17 tires for 285/75/17 tires which would put them super close to the Sasquatch tire size and I'd essentially have a manual Sasquatch on my own (albeit without the "high clearance suspension" maybe, and also maybe an inaccurate speedometer).

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would “we” need to push for that? I want manual with 2.7; Sas with the smaller engine is useless for me and many others.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealing with leaky rusty auto lines on a 96 and 2002 in the last week has sealed the deal for me. NO AUTOS. "But...." NO DO NOT CARE. NOT GONNA DO IT. "All the sports cars are..." NOPE ZIP IT! SHUSH!!!!

Im a high performance enthusiast and I am willing to have Ford put a limiter on the torque output until the warranty is up. Just cant do an auto!
My thoughts too - auto is more to go wrong. Yes, IF you eat a clutch then it will cost a bunch to replace. BUT that BUNCH is less than the BUNCH for an auto repair. Although, remote start is nice in the winter and really hot summer...

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One just has to look at what Toyota did with the 2020 Supra. Toyota didn’t offer a manual transmission, and what a surprise....2020 Supra sales slumping and 1994-1998 Supra sales surging.

There is no magic formula or recipe, give the people a car that made the original car a huge success and you will be rewarded with huge sales. The new Bronco is (so far) looking to be a badass rig. It’s not 100%, but it’s new and there is plenty of time for a “SVT” Ford Performance version....which might get a V8 or TTV6 w/manual, SFA, mechanical transfercase, etc... Let’s see what happens in the coming months or year.

Let’s all just be glad Ford didn’t partner up with BMW on this vehicle. Toyota is hurting on this one.
I'm sure the lack of manual transmission played a small part of the new Supra's lackluster start but it is far from the only or even primary reason.

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is unrelated to this post, but i have to say...the Sasquatch names are just killing me.

I saw Sascrotch earlier and now Samquantch? It's become 49% of why i comb this forum daily.

Sponsored

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford has been very clear that they have no plans to offer the 2.7 with a manual for the foreseeable future.
It does seem like they're possibly working to offer the manual with the Sasquatch Package as it wouldn't require a whole lot to make it work. According to Levine's tweets anyway.

Reactions: JT1

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Plot twist: Ford always intended to offer the manual with every model, but launched it saying the opposite. Then later, after the enthusiasts are whipped into a tizzy, they "give in" to demands. In a PR moment of glory, they release the manual across all options and seem like the most attentive automaker ever.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands