Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV, Toyota Land-Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello @ASFIR 4x4 , what is/was your proposed solution? Thanks
Hi, as quoted above - we haven't heard another feedback of such creaks from other customers and as such - the creaks may have been a vehicle specific issue or a specific product issue.
We have also brought in a car here in Israel to look at the product (after uninstalling it) and we haven't found signs that indicated what might have caused the creaks heard.

As I said, id such problem arises again - we'll address it.

Best,
Reut @ ASFIR
Sponsored

Reactions: 0ne

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Reut,
does it give you clue where are the worn marks (see here) ? Maybe the shape of the part shall be changed not to touch those places ?

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ASFIR 4x4 So my creaking noises came back again. I again loosened only the clamping bolts of the skid near the engine and did some slow speed maneuvers and turning in my driveway. No sound at all. It's def not the shock nuts. It's tough to say why there is some binding when those are tightened but there definitely is. So I was thinking what could I try to allow some movement of that clamping piece? I came across these rubber wedges at my local Menards. They are almost the exact size of the clamping bar. I wedged them in above the A arm and under the clamp that ASFIR provides with the larger side of the wedge towards the center of the A Arm. After tightening things down I hear nothing. It seems that rubber will allow everything to move the little bit it needs to. They are cheap enough if they wear through or fall out I can add them back. I'm 500 miles in right now so will let you all know. Also, you can barely see them given their size. I'll take a picture when the weather cooperates.

OP
OP
Stonetree

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@ASFIR 4x4 So my creaking noises came back again. I again loosened only the clamping bolts of the skid near the engine and did some slow speed maneuvers and turning in my driveway. No sound at all. It's def not the shock nuts. It's tough to say why there is some binding when those are tightened but there definitely is. So I was thinking what could I try to allow some movement of that clamping piece? I came across these rubber wedges at my local Menards. They are almost the exact size of the clamping bar. I wedged them in above the A arm and under the clamp that ASFIR provides with the larger side of the wedge towards the center of the A Arm. After tightening things down I hear nothing. It seems that rubber will allow everything to move the little bit it needs to. They are cheap enough if they wear through or fall out I can add them back. I'm 500 miles in right now so will let you all know. Also, you can barely see them given their size. I'll take a picture when the weather cooperates.
Cool idea. Can you please post pictures of the rubber wedges installed? Do they stay in place and not move? Do you have to retighten the clamping bolts occasionally as these wedges wear, compress, or move?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man those skid plates are a textbook example of pareidolia.
Also, a little disappointed nobody else bothered to ask....what's an asfir?

Sponsored

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool idea. Can you please post pictures of the rubber wedges installed? Do they stay in place and not move? Do you have to retighten the clamping bolts occasionally as these wedges wear, compress, or move?
So far they haven't moved, the one was off center from the get go, not tons of miles yet but it's still quiet

20230417_135356.jpg

20230417_135411.jpg

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone installed these thAt have after market coil overs? I just installed Eibachs which have larger nuts. 19 mm vice the stock 18. Thoughts?

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm getting a creaking from my Asfir front skid plate the same ways you are. I'm wondering if some rubber somewhere would help. Very annoying and embarrassing.
I think I am too. Post up if you figure anything out!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stonetree

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So far they haven't moved, the one was off center from the get go, not tons of miles yet but it's still quiet

20230417_135356.jpg

20230417_135411.jpg
I previously took mine completely off because of the creaking. I had them off for months. I figured I would try it again with some strategically placed rubber on the braces. I first put rubber on just the "wings" of the brace similar to how ne2000 did. But it started creaking the next day. I then took it off and put 3/16" thick rubber strips anywhere those braces could touch metal. It sill creaks. Yet again, I'm quite irritated with these skid plates. I think I'm going to take them off for good and just leave the cone washers on the shock bolts to help protect those threads. These are too aggravating.

• Wow

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I previously took mine completely off because of the creaking. I had them off for months. I figured I would try it again with some strategically placed rubber on the braces. I first put rubber on just the "wings" of the brace similar to how ne2000 did. But it started creaking the next day. I then took it off and put 3/16" thick rubber strips anywhere those braces could touch metal. It sill creaks. Yet again, I'm quite irritated with these skid plates. I think I'm going to take them off for good and just leave the cone washers on the shock bolts to help protect those threads. These are too aggravating.
I should check in and say my creaking has come back even with the rubber, it's less frequent and less pronounced. I think the rubber is helping some. It sounds more "dull" vs the popping that was happening before. I'm determined to find out exactly what ishappening. @ASFIR 4x4 any thoughts?

• Sad

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think lining that brace with felt tape would make a difference?

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bird Dog Off Road has them, I actually just reached out to him to see if he had any creaking and he said he hadn't noticed it. Is it because it's steel or is it because the sandwich brace only has a single bolt in the middle allowing for more give? Funny enough while looking into this more Toyota had a pretty big issue with their factory skids creaking for a few years
Sponsored