Sponsored

Let’s discuss hand washing. What tricks of the trade do y’all have?

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When waxing, I apply the wax before treating the rubber and moldings. I then using a small sponge and a micro cloth to clean as I apply protection to the moldings, plastic/rubber with (303 for example) before removing the wax.

That's the key, then I use a toothbrush in one hand and a clean rag in the other to remove wax and any excess rubber protection, swapping out the rags as they get dirty.

The wax residue on the rags helps clean off the rubber protection that gets on the paint and the toothbrush and rags get all of it, the wax and the 303 out of the cracks and around moldings; it all comes out shiny without over spray residue from the 303.

huntski54

Big Bend
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My car gets extremely dusty during the week and I like it to look pristine.

I dont ever want to run my car through a carwash that isnt touchless so I simply clay barred and waxed my car the day after I bought. When it gets dirty/dusty I use McGuire's (any brand will work) quick detailer and a clean microfiber cloth to make it look good as new.

The time it takes to wax your car is well worth it to make it much easier to clean with quick detailer/quick wax by hand.

Certainly helps that you don't have to worry much about the soft top either.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just use ArmorAll.

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Planning on washer my Bronco Sunday for the first time. Had a ceramic coating down so not like it hasn't been done yet. Never been able to wash vehicles myself so kind of excited. Have a pressure washer, foam cannon and all that fun stuff. Plan to foam, rinse, foam then hand wash with 1 bucket method. Wheel/rims will have separate bucket. Think I'll start with interior though. Leaf blower and drying towels will be used.

All armor all products 😂...........jk

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure about washing hands, but this Ted Talk on drying hands might change your life.
Ok THAT is hysterical! And brilliant. And simple…did he ever do the tp presentation?? 🤣🤣🤣

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To be honest I just took my Jeep through the drive through. I knew the risks of scratches from the brushes. But whatever. Since I got the soft top on the bronco I use touch-less sometimes but man it sucks. Found chemical bros kit on sale, now I hand wash. I know there are differentiating opinions on hand, two bucket, power wash etc. what’s everyone’s preferred method? My major hiccups are during the wax phase I get some on the plastic parts and I don’t know how to remove it once on.
Learned this from my uncle. 1. Purchase two QUALITY chamois. 2. Park your vehicle outside b4 a
spring, summer or autumn rain and even a winter melt. 3. Using the chamois, wipe the entire exterior of the vehicle down, metal, plastic, glass, fiberglass, etc., till dry. Note, all moisture from the sky is naturally soft water and acts as the mildest cleaning agent known to man, it's FREE too. NO soap, harsh detergents, sponges, towels, brushes, buckets, hoses, etc. Wax if desired, I don't. Car looks GREAT every time. Tommy Bronc
Addendum: Use the chamois on your car AFTER the rain has fallen/ended! Some of us out there need their hands held every once in a while.

Last edited:

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hand washing video - Just when I thought I knew everything, I learned that twelve is the largest number with one syllable. My quest for education continues….

Park the Bronco in the shade, and use the two bucket system to wash. I use a very powerful cordless leaf blower to dry the vehicle. It’s quick, and gets the water out of every crevice imaginable.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The hand washing video - Just when I thought I knew everything, I learned that twelve is the largest number with one syllable. My quest for education continues….

Park the Bronco in the shade, and use the two bucket system to wash. I use a very powerful cordless leaf blower to dry the vehicle. It’s quick, and gets the water out of every crevice imaginable.
oh man, i've been using my ARB dual lol...that's a better idea!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dunno, just go to Buc-ees (ours is one with a car wash). I used to like hand washing as a kid, but nowadays not so much. Been using car washes with my 13 yr old pickup and still get comments about how it looks new (after I've washed it).

Props to those who do the hand washing well, though. I leave spots like a baby uses diapers.

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Learned this from my uncle. 1. Purchase two QUALITY chamois. 2. Park your vehicle outside b4 a
spring, summer or autumn rain and even a winter melt. 3. Using the chamois, wipe the entire exterior of the vehicle down, metal, plastic, glass, fiberglass, etc., till dry. Note, all moisture from the sky is naturally soft water and acts as the mildest cleaning agent known to man, it's FREE too. NO soap, harsh detergents, sponges, towels, brushes, buckets, hoses, etc. Wax if desired, I don't. Car looks GREAT every time. Tommy Bronc
Addendum: Use the chamois on your car AFTER the rain has fallen/ended! Some of us out there need their hands held every once in a while.
Have you ever heard of acid rain?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok THAT is hysterical! And brilliant. And simple…did he ever do the tp presentation?? 🤣🤣🤣
:LOL:
Not that I know of, but learning the proper way to tie shoelaces is amazing.

BUFFBRONCOS

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

pre-wash hose “shower setting”
2x foam cannon Chemical Guys
Chemical Guys Microfiber hand dry
Ford Bronco Let’s discuss hand washing. What tricks of the trade do y’all have? 54ACF036-D1C7-4A85-A003-A80A36B0B007

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Always love vehicle forum talks about washing.

Best method:

Pull up to local cobblestone automatic brush wash, enter dirty leave clean.

Any catastrophic damage that the forums have assured me I will get, I pass off as offroad casualty pinstripes when I pickup my Carmel Macchiato between mall parking lot photoshoots

Repeat daily.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To be honest I just took my Jeep through the drive through. I knew the risks of scratches from the brushes. But whatever. Since I got the soft top on the bronco I use touch-less sometimes but man it sucks. Found chemical bros kit on sale, now I hand wash. I know there are differentiating opinions on hand, two bucket, power wash etc. what’s everyone’s preferred method? My major hiccups are during the wax phase I get some on the plastic parts and I don’t know how to remove it once on.
I use a water Deionizer and 2 bucket method with bottom grates. With Deionizer even here in AZ with extremely hard water I can just wash rinse and leave and no water spots. I do use air hose to blow water from around wheels grill and headlights/taillights, otherwise I will get the drips as soon as it moves. I’m also old school and use pure carnauba wax. I just feel it gives a great deep shine
Sponsored