First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont know a lot about car production, so excuse me for sounding ignorant. Why do almost all car companies use this model where some features are not "a la carte" without higher level trims? The only reasons I can think of are because of production line efficiency and marketing for up-sales. The second of which makes me feel cheated.

So why not choose 2D or 4D, then begin to build from there? Only things that may require extras are like auxilery switches and extra outlets that require a second battery. Trans + Engine need to match (like they do now). This seems way more customer friendly.
Sponsored

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy guys!

So recently, as I'm sure y'all may have noticed, this forum has turned a bit... sour. Lots of threads have turned into places for people to air grievances that things with the Bronco aren't EXACTLY how they wanted/pictured/dreamed. I get that, no vehicle is perfect, and it's ok to want something better. But there is now so much noise, and so many complaints that it's starting to get hard to focus on the items that are the most important. There could still be some minor changes put into effect in the coming months before the order books open and Job 1 begins. So we want to use that time to provide Ford with our top things to focus on for the 2021/2022 Bronco to give us as much of a chance of changing those things as possible. So that's what I'm creating this thread for; so we can be constructive and help Ford deliver what we want. Now, I don't want to overpromise and say that all of the things we vote on can be accomplished. But our best chance of changing things and having our input valued is to narrow it down, and offer solutions. So please, realizing that Ford is watching, let's hear some ideas on what can be done to improve the vehicle/launch process/ any other questions you may have. And let's make sure to thank the Bronco team, and things that they've done well and can expand on are needed as well! I think most of us are happy with at least 97% of the Bronco, it's obvious they've put a lot of work into it and the design is an absolute home run.

I will update the thread with a poll later on when I get some of our most repeated requests so we can vote on what's most important to us.

Edit: Just to address some of the already popular things:

1. White roof will be a late availability, 2022 model year. The black painted hardtop is also delayed, but it sounds like it will still be towards the end of the 2021 Model Year.

2. Rear console A/C vents are not going to be something that can be changed. Maybe with a mid-cycle refresh in a few years, but that is an extensive engineering challenge.

3. Interiors, the prototype show cars did not have a production interior. I do think that ford intends to have fancier interiors down the line (hence the prototypes and the Filson Bronco) but right now I think simplicity is key.

4. More "A la carte" options. This is definitely something we can provide feedback on, but packages are there for a reason and it vastly simplifies supply chains and how the trucks are produced. Ford is already doing a pretty good job of offering things like sasquatch A la carte, I wouldn't expect it or anything offered in the interior packages to be broken down much further.
We 100% need a tech package or have those options available separately 12” screen, top dash added ports and wireless charging pad. If you ask me the top dash ports should just be a standard across the board on all trims.

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure about mid package and manual transmission, definitely a good one to get clarification on. With the roof rack, it is not a glitch it is indeed the GVWR issue. Basically, Ford has to assume that you are maxing out your roof rack as heavy as possible by equipping the vehicle with one. This in turn becomes a problem with the sasquatch and ordering the roof rack from the factory for liability reasons.
I would still love more clarity on the GVWR issue. The dynamic roof load is only 110lbs as explicitly stated by Ford so it feels like they are covered from a legal standpoint. Does 110lbs really put it over the limit with the 2.7L engine? You can still add a Warn winch (70lbs), SAS (presumably less stable and more weight) and other accessories but no rack.... It would be helpful to know what assumptions they are making about the rack (and things like sound deadening) in relation to GVWR limitations and/or safety issues.

RockSolid2021

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've seen other posts that mention this.... BLACK MIC TOP IS A MUST! It should at least be an option. I am seriously struggling with which color to go with due to the carbonized gray top.

olooney

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
non ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IS the no manual with a Black Diamond mid package a B and P glitch or something they are just not allowing at this time. I also think you should add manual with 2.7 engine, not just across more trims levels.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't think many of you understand the point of marketing, manufacturing, or this poll.

I keep seeing comments of things that Ford has already addressed, or is not going to be part of this initial launch. Mansquatch, tops, and concept interiors being the most often talked about.

I really want to see some improvements to the brand (especially the interior), but I'm a realist and don't expect anything different. If there are improvements, I will be surprised.

Steelbama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma/2015 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen other posts that mention this.... BLACK MIC TOP IS A MUST! It should at least be an option. I am seriously struggling with which color to go with due to the carbonized gray top.
Looks more and more likely that Line X ultra will be the road to take.

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This isn't an engineering issue ~ it's a marketing/sales tactic.
The potential problem with this tactic is that auto journalists love manuals and lots of manual reservation holders are going to complain and it will look bad for Ford. First no Squatch manual. Now no manual with the Mid Package unless you opt for a higher trim. There’s no incentive to jump from the base to either trim if you’re getting the manual squatch except for a few more colors.

Last edited:

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does the Power leather seats in the 4-door Wildtrak also have Lumbar support? Seems like another must have function in a 60k+ vehicle.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thread title reminds me of the quote “It’s not you, it’s me” when you break up.

Coopertribe

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

" 2. Rear console A/C vents are not going to be something that can be changed. Maybe with a mid-cycle refresh in a few years, but that is an extensive engineering challenge. "

Extensive engineering challenge???

Just about every SUV on the road seems to have this "extensive engineering challenge" figured out. This just seems like lazy engineering from initial design or, more likely, an "oops" moment and afterthought...

Bronco1951

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape / 2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy guys!

So recently, as I'm sure y'all may have noticed, this forum has turned a bit... sour. Lots of threads have turned into places for people to air grievances that things with the Bronco aren't EXACTLY how they wanted/pictured/dreamed. I get that, no vehicle is perfect, and it's ok to want something better. But there is now so much noise, and so many complaints that it's starting to get hard to focus on the items that are the most important. There could still be some minor changes put into effect in the coming months before the order books open and Job 1 begins. So we want to use that time to provide Ford with our top things to focus on for the 2021/2022 Bronco to give us as much of a chance of changing those things as possible. So that's what I'm creating this thread for; so we can be constructive and help Ford deliver what we want. Now, I don't want to overpromise and say that all of the things we vote on can be accomplished. But our best chance of changing things and having our input valued is to narrow it down, and offer solutions. So please, realizing that Ford is watching, let's hear some ideas on what can be done to improve the vehicle/launch process/ any other questions you may have. And let's make sure to thank the Bronco team, and things that they've done well and can expand on are needed as well! I think most of us are happy with at least 97% of the Bronco, it's obvious they've put a lot of work into it and the design is an absolute home run.

I will update the thread with a poll later on when I get some of our most repeated requests so we can vote on what's most important to us.

1. White roof will be a late availability, 2022 model year. The black painted hardtop is also delayed, but it sounds like it will still be towards the end of the 2021 Model Year.

2. Rear console A/C vents are not going to be something that can be changed. Maybe with a mid-cycle refresh in a few years, but that is an extensive engineering challenge.

3. Interiors, the prototype show cars did not have a production interior. I do think that ford intends to have fancier interiors down the line (hence the prototypes and the Filson Bronco) but right now I think simplicity is key.

4. More "A la carte" options. This is definitely something we can provide feedback on, but packages are there for a reason and it vastly simplifies supply chains and how the trucks are produced. Ford is already doing a pretty good job of offering things like sasquatch A la carte, I wouldn't expect it or anything offered in the interior packages to be broken down much further.
I'd like to see some detail pictures and descriptions of 1) front "capable bumpers" , 2) rear steel versus plastic bumpers, 3) 2-door MIC hardtop (pictures inside and out with roof panels removed), 4) better interior dashboard pictures on different trim levels (ie. OB dash picture is at best a poor quality picture, 5) does the HD modular front bumper get you a steel rear bumper as well.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Howdy guys!

If you wait for the black top will there be an up charge?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IS the no manual with a Black Diamond mid package a B and P glitch or something they are just not allowing at this time. I also think you should add manual with 2.7 engine, not just across more trims levels.
It’s a ford marketing snafu
Ford Bronco Let's help Ford help us. 3D92AEF3-7E28-4A07-97F4-C2A448842582
Sponsored