John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been a tough few weeks on top of a tough few years for many who have not been scheduled/delivered. Help those of us waiting and now changing orders with our builds.

If you had 2500-to 5K and a buildable bronco today (no sas, lux, hardtop). Where do you spend your money/upgrade a deliverable Bronco-fix what will break etc.
Sponsored

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If this had affected my order (and I couldn't find what I wanted on the secondhand market), it would be a headache but I think the following is doable:

- to replicate Sasquatch, switch trims to non-sasq Badlands since they use the same suspension, and buy someone else's low-mileage wheels/tire takeoffs on FB Marketplace (+$2,000-2,500, locally). Sell BL wheels/tires to partially offset (-$1,100-1,500).
- pre-order the ADV Fiberglass non-OEM hardtop, probably in the 1-piece variant since I don't expect I'm going to be taking the top on and off repeatedly.

So how does the money shake out?

If I originally wanted a 4D Sasquatch Wildtrak, 2.7L, MIC top, and midrange options + a few small add-ons, I'd be looking at MSRP $57,890.

Compare to downgrading to non-sasq soft top Badlands, same options, that's $55,245.
Minus $2,500 for the shabby private offer = $52,745.
Plus $5,875 for ADV aftermarket hard top = $58,620.
Wheel/tire swap (+$2,500), (-$1,200) = $59,920.

So you've got a functionally-sasquatched Badlands with a hard top, manufacturable in 2023, for not much more than what the Wildtrak was going to go for. It's a move of denial and desperation, sure, and will take tons more effort on your part! But it's possible.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think people should be looking at 2 door base manual. Mod bumper, switches.
Throw on some tires and go have fun.

Bronco never had a lux package or needed one.
Everyone spending 60k and it's not a 60k vehicle. But it's a hell of a lot of fun that doesn't require a heated steering wheel to be great

OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this had affected my order (and I couldn't find what I wanted on the secondhand market), it would be a headache but I think the following is doable:

- to replicate Sasquatch, switch trims to non-sasq Badlands since they use the same suspension, and buy someone else's low-mileage wheels/tire takeoffs on FB Marketplace (+$2,000-2,500, locally). Sell BL wheels/tires to partially offset (-$1,100-1,500).
- pre-order the ADV Fiberglass non-OEM hardtop, probably in the 1-piece variant since I don't expect I'm going to be taking the top on and off repeatedly.

If I originally wanted a 4D Sasquatch Wildtrak, 2.7L, MIC top, and midrange options + a few small add-ons, I'd be looking at MSRP $57,890.

Compare to downgrading to non-sasq soft top Badlands, same options, that's $55,245.

So you've got a functionally-sasquatched Badlands with a hard top, manufacturable in 2023, for not much more than what the Wildtrak was going to go for. It's a move of denial and desperation, sure, and will take tons more effort on your part! But it's possible.
This is a great start! Thank you!! Isn't all about replicating too. Point of this thread should be about now that you have lived with your bronco, are there things that you would do differently now that you have lived with your Bronco for a while.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What year is the bronco in your profile? 94-96? My first Bronco was a 95!

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same as what I went with from the beginning. 2 door BD with no options. Spend your money aftermarket to upgrade as you see fit.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
88, it's in my sig. But that 88 bronco didn't have power anything, cept rear window.
Manual windows, stickshift, stick transfer case
Manual hubs

And it was an awesome tank

I know not everyone had an earlier bronco, but i really believe people are "missing it" when they grab the 4 doors and higher packages

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know if people have to go THAT base, but I agree with the sentiment. If you don't want to stay with your order as is, then get one of the lower trims offered and live with it a while. I'll bet you find you don't need to do anything to it. Just have fun!

The big caveat is the top though. There was no way I was going to get a soft top.

OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

88, it's in my sig. But that 88 bronco didn't have power anything, cept rear window.
Manual hubs

I was off sorry. My 95 was special order manual and manual locking hubs. In the Eddie Bauer era they were trying to automate everything. Gear shift manual stick shift was close to 2 and a 1/2 to 3 feet long. I also had to Custom order a black hard top on a dark blue metallic body. They wanted to ship everything color matched when I ordered. Somehow they still delivered in 8 weeks.

Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
They called it the "custom" package, but i think it was really their Base model, nothing really custom about it:ROFLMAO:

I learned a lot with that truck

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming you want a 4dr, basically this, but skip the hard top altogether. Soft tops are more convenient if you want to do open air a lot, and barely any louder.

I sold my BL takeoffs for 1000 and found squatch takeoffs for 1500, but I don't recommend them unless you have some affinity for them or want to use the wheels as real beadlocks like I do. Instead find an aftermarket set you like.

OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome 2 door comments too....

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a 4 door ragtop LUX Outer Banks SAS. Sold it and bought a Mid 2 door SAS Badlands. Lifted it, 37” tires, front and rear bumpers and it’s exactly what I truly wanted. I found the process of installing the lift and bumpers myself to be very rewarding. Try your best to get past the Ford F-Ed me…AGAIN. Find one close to what you wanted and enjoy turning it into something you’ll love. I think there can be therapy in the process. The finished product may just be your final F-You back to Ford. Make it better than what you expected to receive from them.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual hubs

I know not everyone had an earlier bronco, but i really believe people are "missing it" when they grab the 4 doors and higher packages
Really This is my seventh bronco and I have owned all gen's, I chose a 4 dr Badlands based off my jeeps not my bronco's because other than the first gen none of them were near as capable offroad as my jeeps and still be able to drive them down the highway (Just a fact) This one should be. and Apparently you never had an Eddie Bauer had everything power that was available at the time I had two

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really This is my seventh bronco and I have owned all gen's, I chose a 4 dr Badlands based off my jeeps not my bronco's because other than the first gen none of them were near as capable offroad as my jeeps and still be able to drive them down the highway (Just a fact) This one should be. and Apparently you never had an Eddie Bauer had everything power that was available at the time I had two
I'm thinking my base now has everything and more than those Eddie bauers did

things i really miss are the back folding benches and quarter windows
Sponsored