Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The more I think about giving up my truck the more I waiver. My current truck needs to go anyway. It's at the end of its life and I've been pretty steadfast with replacing it with a Bronco but I'll miss having a truck.

We just bought a new 4Runner. So our off-road SUV needs are already met.

I can get a Tacoma TRD Off Road for $10,000 less than my Black Diamond build. It's getting harder and harder to justify waiting for a Bronco and paying that much for the privilege.

I can also get a Tacoma in green.... So there's that too.
Sponsored

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unless you're hauling three buds and all their gear, come on. Back seats out or down, you've got 6'bed there. Bigger than many trucks.
I was going to get a Bronco but decided I couldn’t live without a box for hauling firewood, deer, etc. I also couldn’t wait any longer to replace my old Tacoma. I bought a 2021 ZR2.

But I will say it depends on what you’re hauling. Sometimes an SUV with the seats down is better. My son has an older 2 door Jimmy. When we go ice fishing, his SUV works better. Seats folded down, he has as much or more room than I do with my 5 foot bed. And it’s inside, secure and warm. The ice auger stays warm, starts better, the fish don’t freeze on the way home, etc. You can stuff it to the ceiling without worrying about anything coming out. I’ve got a cargo net for my truck but everything is still out in the elements.

I’m sure the Bronco will be at the top of his list when it comes out.

Lee Woiteshek

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Matrix
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to get a Bronco but decided I couldn’t live without a box for hauling firewood, deer, etc. I also couldn’t wait any longer to replace my old Tacoma. I bought a 2021 ZR2.

But I will say it depends on what you’re hauling. Sometimes an SUV with the seats down is better. My son has an older 2 door Jimmy. When we go ice fishing, his SUV works better. Seats folded down, he has as much or more room than I do with my 5 foot bed. And it’s inside, secure and warm. The ice auger stays warm, starts better, the fish don’t freeze on the way home, etc. You can stuff it to the ceiling without worrying about anything coming out. I’ve got a cargo net for my truck but everything is still out in the elements.

I’m sure the Bronco will be at the top of his list when it comes out.
I like the ZR2, especially the Bison package. I just can't get past the 1980's interior. If Chevy had refreshed it to the modern era it I'd have one.

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like the ZR2, especially the Bison package. I just can't get past the 1980's interior. If Chevy had refreshed it to the modern era it I'd have one.
Funny you should say that. It was my favourite interior of all the trucks I test drove and I drove all of them. Simple. Knobs, buttons and switches instead of touch panels. Everything where it needs to be. Nothing that doesn’t need to be there. To each his own though.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless you're hauling three buds and all their gear, come on. Back seats out or down, you've got 6'bed there. Bigger than many trucks.
Not 3 buds but 2 child seats. And mine only has a 5.5 ft bed.

Sponsored

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm the original owner of a 1998 F150 with 113k miles and a new top end 5.4 gas mileage sucks but I mostly use it for desert trips and a 6 foot bed I'm 6"6 so I fit ok for overnight trips with a shell . I might keep it for the first year and see if a 4 door Bronco will fulfill my needs to sleep in and haul my mining equipment for 1 or 2 day trips out . My 22 year old truck is not going to cost much sitting and its really clean .
Ford Bronco Current truck owners. 20200506_193328

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m keeping my truck, it’s more capable than my 2021 bronco will be... Except for that little nagging fact that it doesn’t have removable doors and top.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not 3 buds but 2 child seats. And mine only has a 5.5 ft bed.
Exactly, so toss the kids' seats since they're not going hunting, fold down the seats, we have a 6' bed! Add a hitch basket to get the deer out of the woods and/or also haul extra gear...we can do this!

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The more I think about giving up my truck the more I waiver. My current truck needs to go anyway. It's at the end of its life and I've been pretty steadfast with replacing it with a Bronco but I'll miss having a truck.

I can get a Tacoma TRD Off Road for $10,000 less than my Black Diamond build. It's getting harder and harder to justify waiting for a Bronco and paying that much for the privilege.

2020 Tacoma Sport owner here. I like the truck but find it boring to drive. I was never a truck guy but felt it would be the most practical at this point in my life for a daily driver. Pretty certain I will be selling it for a Bronco in 2022. V6 6 speed is boring as hell. I hardly use the bed, the only plus I can see to a Tacoma is reliability but that is all about Toyota has going for them in my opinion. Unless you need the bed, the Bronco seems more fun but then again I don't own another SUV. Army green is pretty sweet but I really wanted Quicksand and last year Army Green was the pro exclusive color, now it trickled down to all models..

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2020 Tacoma Sport owner here. I like the truck but find it boring to drive. I was never a truck guy but felt it would be the most practical at this point in my life for a daily driver. Pretty certain I will be selling it for a Bronco in 2022. V6 6 speed is boring as hell. I hardly use the bed, the only plus I can see to a Tacoma is reliability but that is all about Toyota has going for them in my opinion. Unless you need the bed, the Bronco seems more fun but then again I don't own another SUV. Army green is pretty sweet but I really wanted Quicksand and last year Army Green was the pro exclusive color, now it trickled down to all models..
I'm a boring driver anyway. I'm not always hooning around. Ha. Plus, when I want, I can have fun in any truck. I don't need a ton of get up and go. You're right though... The Bronco will definitely be more fun. No getting around that.

I use my bed at minimum once a week. That's not including my tool chest that's in it 24/7. With a Bronco I'll be planning on buying a trailer and coming up with a tool system that is easy to load in and load out.

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
selling my '19 ram rebel. its a badass truck but i only "use" it for hunting. im a cpa and have an office job lol. it also SUCKS on gas, as most of us are well aware. Most new trucks you see on the road IMO are way too nice and expensive to be beaten on as a truck. I could never do it. Im getting a bronco, selling my truck, and am on the fence about getting an older beater truck vs a utility trailer for the bronco if i need to haul stuff for the house.
If i actually used my truck for work, then id totally be keeping it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a 19 F150 SCREW 3.5 6.5 bed, its an awesome truck, I use it for hauling just not as much anymore, but its too big to be honest for anything off road IMO hence why I was going to go Bronco, but everyday I still think about losing the truck bed. yes I am just going to get a utility trailer, but that adds a bit more inconvenience which I think is ok given I dont use my truck very much at all, its a secondary vehicle. Comparing price points of a 50K truck / Bronco, I know I will get more use out of the Bronco as it opens things up to go more places plus its a convertible IMO.

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm a boring driver anyway. I'm not always hooning around. Ha. Plus, when I want, I can have fun in any truck. I don't need a ton of get up and go. You're right though... The Bronco will definitely be more fun. No getting around that.

I use my bed at minimum once a week. That's not including my tool chest that's in it 24/7. With a Bronco I'll be planning on buying a trailer and coming up with a tool system that is easy to load in and load out.
I guess since I'm used to manual muscle/sport cars the Tacoma is what it is supposed to be but not what I am used to. The lack of low end torque in the Tacoma is just annoying, the shifter isn't engaging, the clutch is spongy. . I have read a ton of complaints on the automatic on the forums as well. Also keep in mind the MPG sucks if you are concerned about that. I average about 16.5-17 mpg and I don't ever shift above 3000. I think the access cab is one of the sexiest trucks available but I am ready for a change.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess since I'm used to manual muscle/sport cars the Tacoma is what it is supposed to be but not what I am used to. The lack of low end torque in the Tacoma is just annoying, the shifter isn't engaging, the clutch is spongy. . I have read a ton of complaints on the automatic on the forums as well. Also keep in mind the MPG sucks if you are concerned about that. I average about 16.5-17 mpg and I don't ever shift above 3000. I think the access cab is one of the sexiest trucks available but I am ready for a change.
I enjoyed my Taco but when it needed bodywork, I traded it for my Tundra, seeing as how the mileage is very similar. I enjoy my Tundra but I'm going to enjoy my Bronco MOAR.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

My wife has a 2019 Tacoma Off Road. It is a gutless wonder even with the manual. It also gets worse mpg than my V8 F150. It isn't a bad truck but it isn't anything special either, I simply cannot see why the Tacomas have such a following (except that people are living in the past when they were absurdly bulletproof....but they are not that anymore).

My issue is that she doesn't want me using her truck for dump duty...so if I trade my truck for a Bronco, I'll be getting a trailer (I mean, if she's going to give me that excuse, I'm going to use it...then I won't need a trailer when I get my SxS).

My kids both want me to get a Bronco (probably because they think they will get to take it whenever they want)...
Sponsored