Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what is the replacement cost of the WT HOSS3.0 equivalent that everyone seems to be glossing over?
Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is probably a hot take, but my opinion is you need to let HOSS 3.0 go. If you do not have a VIN yet and want to stick with an order and your PP, it is the most practical choice. I get why it's upsetting and that it sucks because of the situation order holders have been forced into.

Based on the different Broncos that I test drove it is excellent, but the BL stock suspension is great.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rumor has it The issues with the 35-in wheels.. Don't know if it's the rims or the tires but it's pretty sad that someone has to give up SAS because of something you can easily go down to discount tire and buy.
I agree I would bet it is the tires Which I would not want anyway maybe they could talk to bfg and get some KO2's

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this had affected my order (and I couldn't find what I wanted on the secondhand market), it would be a headache but I think the following is doable:

- to replicate Sasquatch, switch trims to non-sasq Badlands since they use the same suspension, and buy someone else's low-mileage wheels/tire takeoffs on FB Marketplace (+$2,000-2,500, locally). Sell BL wheels/tires to partially offset (-$1,100-1,500).
- pre-order the ADV Fiberglass non-OEM hardtop, probably in the 1-piece variant since I don't expect I'm going to be taking the top on and off repeatedly.

So how does the money shake out?

If I originally wanted a 4D Sasquatch Wildtrak, 2.7L, MIC top, and midrange options + a few small add-ons, I'd be looking at MSRP $57,890.

Compare to downgrading to non-sasq soft top Badlands, same options, that's $55,245.
Minus $2,500 for the shabby private offer = $52,745.
Plus $5,875 for ADV aftermarket hard top = $58,620.
Wheel/tire swap (+$2,500), (-$1,200) = $59,920.

So you've got a functionally-sasquatched Badlands with a hard top, manufacturable in 2023, for not much more than what the Wildtrak was going to go for. It's a move of denial and desperation, sure, and will take tons more effort on your part! But it's possible.
My plans exactly. Just different wheels and tires, considering 37’s.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. My WT owns your bl everyday of the week except 1 day every three years when you crawl on rocks I can’t follow you on. One out of a 1000. Don’t ever forget that.
Not really sure what you think your wildtrak has that my badlands does not

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4dr non Sas black diamond here. I’d go lift and bigger tires for the added ground clearance. Probably drop the 4A to avoid the current transmission issues I’m experiencing……

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hoss 3.0, intake work and manual disconnect if I want it. Oh and me driving.
Not really sure what you think your wildtrak has that my badlands does not

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have nearly 60k miles on my Bronco, and I could not really order what I wanted, so I started with asking myself how important it was to have a front locker (for me personally), it wasn't that important, but I wanted the roast cloth interior that came with the OBX.

So I started with a 2 door OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 w/ lux and tow. I added 33's, rims, Badlands suspension, removed the front sway bar, adding the HOSS 3.0 steering rack, upgraded the stereo and essentially done. I still have a torsen lsd to install in the front differential at some point.

The Bronco I have on order is essentially the same except high package with aux switches. I plan on installing the same stuff (or better) and adding adaptive cruise control.

IMG_20220910_181104.jpg

[/QUOTE]
What offset wheels are you running? Any front or back shots? Looks great!

OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I updated my order. Almost 4k in PP and the 2500 is going to go a long way with aftermarket adds. Stayed with 2 Door changed to A51 Badlands non sas, high package, mod bumper. Nothing else. MSRP and tax is another almost 6k savings from the WT order I had in.

Plan is 35s on new wheels, Ford Performance Tune-suspension tbd. I have not driven a badlands so want to see how it handles. My only seat time was in a First Edition SAS 2 door.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone here have 37’s? If so what lift did you use? And what’s your fuel range per tank and miles per gallon? (I know bigger tires translates to worse fuel economy….. I’m just trying to see how much worse)

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone here have 37’s? If so what lift did you use? And what’s your fuel range per tank and miles per gallon? (I know bigger tires translates to worse fuel economy….. I’m just trying to see how much worse)
2 door 2.7L is getting 16.0 mpg on 37s for me. The 4 door will be less. My 4 door stock SAS OBX 2.7L was getting 15.1 on stock tires.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I updated my order. Almost 4k in PP and the 2500 is going to go a long way with aftermarket adds. Stayed with 2 Door changed to A51 Badlands non sas, high package, mod bumper. Nothing else. MSRP and tax is another almost 6k savings from the WT order I had in.

Plan is 35s on new wheels, Ford Performance Tune-suspension tbd. I have not driven a badlands so want to see how it handles. My only seat time was in a First Edition SAS 2 door.
You made a good decision and your BL will be awesome. Be sure to post when you're getting built, and pics after you get it!
Sponsored