First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty pictures are good at keeping the sheep distracted from the real issue...we still dont have our Broncos! I sure wish they'd spend all their resources on getting MY21's made, Warthogs and such are fun but I believe most of us would be happy with the vehicle we reserved and ordered many, many months ago.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure I would stake MY'22 options based on media communications from almost a year ago. I hope for all wanting a ManSquatch Bronco that is available on all trims that offer the manual transmission now. But I won't be shocked to see it limited to the BL trim.
I’m hoping to save about $15k by getting a Basemansquatch. Otherwise I would have just gotten a BL manual and put 35s on it.

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Assumed explanation: Because the manual is already used wit the 2.3 in the Mustang, there exists a bell-house which connects the MT to the engine. There is not currently a bell-housing designed to mate the MT to the 2.7.
Thanks I missed that one.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Is the alligator new or was that in the previous camos last year?
New - was on a spy photo earlier this year, but not the original camo last year.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What kind of sick bastard snorkels in the Everglades?
This same camo was seen earlier on a rig this summer and it has an obvious air intake snorkel on the front passenger side. The Everglades name has been trademarked as it relates to autos by Ford (last year). Any speculation what an Everglades Edition entails is just that.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is called distraction. Put some photos up to distract the unhappy customers that haven't heard squat in months.

Not impressed. Do better Mike.

Ford Bronco Levine posts Manual Sasquatch image and close-up of Warthog/Raptor Bronco camouflage 587v

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I'm waiting for '22 anyway, the only change I would consider to my order at this point is to go for the ManBaseSquatch if that's a thing.

Sponsored

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else have a feeling that Ford asked Levine to start posting again on the Bronco because people were losing that "stay pumped" mojo.
Yup! People getting pissed and sick of waiting..throw them a teaser to suck em back into the hype! LOL

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I find this communication from Mike Levine to be extraordinary. Not in a good way. Feels like he is dangling a shiny object to distract from events surrounding the rollout. If he is planning to release new Bronco functionality during the MY22 ordering process, it would be wise to ask yourself if it will be available in MY22 or MY23. What is the old saying, “Fool me once…..”.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For the record, a number of folks have pointed out to me that I was WRONG to assume the Getrag can’t handle the 2.7L engine torque, even including the transmission specs to demonstrate it is “scalable” for higher torque values. These people are RIGHT, mea culpa!

…Reading the background articles on WHY Ford chose not to offer the manual transmission with both engines, the real reason appears to be market appeal. Ford recognized that even offering a manual was more for “enthusiasts”, the average Joe driver doesn’t want one (didn’t we see a 13% take rate on the MT?). Ford hasn’t ruled out offering the manual on the larger engine, but given all their other debacles right now, coupled with that low take rate, I think it isn’t likely to occur - at least not any time soon.

Ref: https://fordauthority.com/2020/09/h...v6-wont-be-paired-with-a-manual-transmission/

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the record, a number of folks have pointed out to me that I was WRONG to assume the Getrag can’t handle the 2.7L engine torque, even including the transmission specs to demonstrate it is “scalable” for higher torque values. These people are RIGHT, mea culpa!

…Reading the background articles on WHY Ford chose not to offer the manual transmission with both engines, the real reason appears to be market appeal. Ford recognized that even offering a manual was more for “enthusiasts”, the average Joe driver doesn’t want one (didn’t we see a 13% take rate on the MT?). Ford hasn’t ruled out offering the manual on the larger engine, but given all their other debacles right now, coupled with that low take rate, I think it isn’t likely to occur - at least not any time soon.

Ref: https://fordauthority.com/2020/09/h...v6-wont-be-paired-with-a-manual-transmission/
Take rate would be higher if manual was offered with 2.7.
Sponsored