James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it is a spacer lift. Everyone claims i could spacer it a inch but not 2. So I took the gamble. I guess we'll see, lol
For someone learning about all of this - what's a spacer lift, how did you do it, and what did it run you? I love this and have a non-sas badlands on order but might want to do something similar
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For someone learning about all of this - what's a spacer lift, how did you do it, and what did it run you? I love this and have a non-sas badlands on order but might want to do something similar
It is just a piece of material that sits between the suspension and the frame/body.

Imagine sitting on a chair… and then putting a telephone book under your butt.

The chair is the same distance away from the floor, and the chair legs are the same length, but you’re sitting up higher.

OP
OP
Morrisattack

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It goes on top of the coilovers…. So the frame/body/meat of the bronco is sitting that much higher on top of the suspension and the wheels.

The rub is that because the front diff is mounted to the frame, and not a solid axle mounted to the wheels, the CV angles are increased with the spacer lift.

On the BL and Sas, the Bilsteins allow for so much travel that it’s said the CV joints are at their maximum allowable at full wheel droop… so any spacer you add will increase this angle and exceed the max angle, causing binding of the CV joints.

But if you’re never expecting to hang a wheel out off the ground though, it shouldn’t matter as long as as you remain within the useable range otherwise.
That pretty much sums it up.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is just a piece of material that sits between the suspension and the frame/body.

Imagine sitting on a chair… and then putting a telephone book under your butt.

The chair is the same distance away from the floor, and the chair legs are the same length, but you’re sitting up higher.
Thank you sir!

BronCoWild69

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw jetta tdi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m digging the look bud! It looks good! What wheel size 20s or 22s?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Morrisattack

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone has probably mentioned it, but you could totally strap the control arms I suppose.... Limit downward travel an inch....
I'd definitely find a way to limit downward travel - last thing you want, even if you aren't planning to wheel it, is end up in a weird situation where you bust a cv joint turning around through a ditch or something.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. Street queen
I think the correct term is pavement princess. Not exactly my thing but rides like these will help keep the Bronco viable for Ford.

Genuine question, what attracted you to the BL over an OB or other model if no planned wheeling?

Sponsored

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But if you’re never expecting to hang a wheel out off the ground though, it shouldn’t matter as long as as you remain within the useable range otherwise.
I'm going to guess all trims without SBD will stay in that range with a 2" spacer, hence why they say not to do it to BL. Don't use the SBD and he'll also most likely be fine.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to guess all trims without SBD will stay in that range with a 2" spacer, hence why they say not to do it to BL. Don't use the SBD and he'll also most likely be fine.
I like this train of thought… though I can imagine that even with the sway bar still connected, if OP took that thing off any sick jumps, the bilsteins would allow both wheels could drop their maximum together…

Ford Bronco Lifted Badlands 1627693848108