Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got the heretic studios 20” lightbar. About as simple of an install as you can get or so I thought. The lightbar has a harness connector that can only plug in 1 way. I grounded the black wire and wired the red wire to the green/brown aux wire.
Nothing!
Checked the fuses by the battery, seems good.
I then moved it to the brown wire. Nothing!
When I turn on the aux the orange light comes on so assume there is power.

wrote heretic to see if they can help but curious if I’m missing something?

here is a few pics of the only harness connection. Originally I thought maybe they assembled the harness incorrectly as the positive is on the opposite side but not sure?

4FCFF086-B35F-4CD1-890C-FACF949F514C.jpeg

E12755F2-A61D-4603-8D63-5B762AC1F66A.jpeg

A8B8DDF5-91E4-4120-8AFC-81EFA638ABC4.jpeg
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Assuming that the rest of the wiring isncorrecr, red needs to connect to red and black needs to connect to black. What does it look like plugged in?

OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well! Heretic had it reversed. After googling how to depin , I removed and reversed the wire and plugged it up and it worked. Shit! Not a great first impression after a month wait!

alfiefmc

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands - 23 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you got it figured out..... What DV8 accessory do you have, and were did you install the light bar?? Any pics of it installed? ;)

OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you got it figured out..... What DV8 accessory do you have, and were did you install the light bar?? Any pics of it installed? ;)
its the dv8 bar and have their front license plate frame. I’m sure I will get shit for how I mounted it but I put thr lightbar bracket on and then the bullbar over it. It’s tight, a little gap but doesn’t bother me. I like thr lightbar position rather than hanging off the bar.

still waiting for pocket Fog lights and pillars from heretic
Ford Bronco Lightbar install not working 7578D2D9-C7BF-40BA-8EDD-B55D3EE45539

Sponsored

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had initially read the subject as "lightsaber install", and yet was not the least bit surprised.

alfiefmc

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands - 23 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its the dv8 bar and have their front license plate frame. I’m sure I will get shit for how I mounted it but I put thr lightbar bracket on and then the bullbar over it. It’s tight, a little gap but doesn’t bother me. I like thr lightbar position rather than hanging off the bar.

Looks good!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Which bumper is that? I really like the look of that setup.

OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which bumper is that? I really like the look of that setup.
It's the OEM modular bumper that came on the Badlands. I think its now an option vs the capable bumper? I am not a fan of the OEM brush guard/bullbar that is soooo tall so I saw the DV8 one. Several others have a similar style. Bolted it on and felt it made an impact. It has an optional bracket that you can mount a small lightbar to it but I saw several vids of the heretic mounted to the bumper so liked that position better. The 2 have to mount on the same OEM bolts so it's not ideal but it works.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You don't want it cantilevered off the bar anyway, it induces vibration and the throw can wobble. I have a STEDI ST4K and a Diode Dynamics SS18 on a Steelcraft EVO and they both do this.

Sponsored

BravoZulu

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well! Heretic had it reversed. After googling how to depin , I removed and reversed the wire and plugged it up and it worked. Shit! Not a great first impression after a month wait!
Not a great impression considering the price of this light bar. I was looking at it because it is the only one with brackets that will work with the modular bumper. I have a 4inch Greenlane bar and I dont think the Heretic light bar will fit. Wish other light bars made these mounting brackets.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Curious, did you have to rewire the actual deutsch plugs or just flip it over?
By the images posted, it looks to me that they are not being inserted the correct way by looking at the wiring, but the pins are matching up, so to me, one of them was built incorrectly by the manufacturer. If so, lucky for them (and you) that nothing blew or caught on fire.

I opted for a Diode 30" bar for the bumper because, well, it fit between the OEM nudge bar. However, I like your nudge bar a lot better.
Does it hinder the front cam view?
Also, is the spacing the same, because I don't want to change light bars.
Thinking I'd swap this out and add some round KC lights to the top of the shorty nudge bar, if the above conditions are met.

Ford Bronco Lightbar install not working 20221126_091653

OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious, did you have to rewire the actual deutsch plugs or just flip it over?
By the images posted, it looks to me that they are not being inserted the correct way by looking at the wiring, but the pins are matching up, so to me, one of them was built incorrectly by the manufacturer. If so, lucky for them (and you) that nothing blew or caught on fire.

I opted for a Diode 30" bar for the bumper because, well, it fit between the OEM nudge bar. However, I like your nudge bar a lot better.
Does it hinder the front cam view?
Also, is the spacing the same, because I don't want to change light bars.
Thinking I'd swap this out and add some round KC lights to the top of the shorty nudge bar, if the above conditions are met.

Ford Bronco Lightbar install not working 20221126_091653
I just released the end, reversed and then reconnected. They put it on reverse. It was a quick fix once I figured out how to release the plug.
Cameras is good. You can see the bar but barely and doesn’t block view. I did look at the 30” bar but the angle on the dv8 would prevent it from fitting. I have seen other bars on Amazon that are similar to the dv8 but slightly taller so could possibly fit.
Sponsored