First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I have been working on this with my friend Dallas. We come up with some pretty good ideas on things at work. We do a lot of custom fab around work. Being that the Bronco is a bit lacking in the interior lighting department, we decided to brighten it up a bit lol , ok more than a bit. So , I wanted to utilize a stealth Auxiliary switch inside the sunglass holder not only for lighting but for onboard air and exterior lighting in the future as well as a winch. This is the start of all this. The object was to not only give the driver and passenger the ability to have light that is sufficient to find anything they may drop on the floor board but to also supply them with ambient light similar to the blue lighting we already have in the bronco up front. Keep in mind the blue lighting may be a bit to much when I first test it but I can provide a resistor inline with the load side of the switch to reduce the voltage if I need it dimmer later on. The white light I intend to leave as bright as it can be because its strictly for immediate use and then back off. Now , not only does everyone in the seated positions have direct ambient and white light , they also will have full control at each position , at will. Also I have a master switch hidden inside the sunglass holder so I can kill either light to all positions at will. There will also be a continuation of the white circuit going to the back for a single switch to switch on two pads aimed towards the center of the rear area. Take note that the front lights had to be directionally aimed to the center lap area of the driver and passenger , whereas the bar from the molle system in the back is directly over the laps of the rear companions and there is no need for aiming. Just positioning. It all is a work in progress and there is more to come but this is what I have so far. None of it interferes with the tops being removed or put back on and all connections will be waterproof so it can rain on it and still function.
Ford Bronco Lighting project for interior and other accesories 20221213_141523
Ford Bronco Lighting project for interior and other accesories 20221213_141529
Ford Bronco Lighting project for interior and other accesories 20221213_141539
Ford Bronco Lighting project for interior and other accesories 20221213_141559
Ford Bronco Lighting project for interior and other accesories 20221213_141604
Ford Bronco Lighting project for interior and other accesories 20221213_141626
Ford Bronco Lighting project for interior and other accesories 20221213_141657
Ford Bronco Lighting project for interior and other accesories 20221213_141712
Ford Bronco Lighting project for interior and other accesories 20221213_141730
Sponsored

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it possible to get just the interior lights and no other switches? I have the factory switched already. Also, is the molle panel a requirement or can the lights be installed without it?

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it possible to get just the interior lights and no other switches? I have the factory switched already. Also, is the molle panel a requirement or can the lights be installed without it?
I mean yeah , amazon has tons of lighting options , you could do it without the Molle panel just would have to stick them above the windshield somewhere. You could run the wire from the LEDs down under the dash to an aux wire to your aux switches. It would be an all on or off thing though , can not selectively turn them on or off individually without adding additional switches to each light. Unless you wire each light to a different aux wire but that would be silly.

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I meant, can I get the lighting system only without the extra switches you talked about (on board air, external lights, etc). Is the molle system part of your designed package or is it separate. Without the molle, are you designing it to have other mounting options, like to the rear roll bar or the sides? Seems most people won't have an overhead molle panel.

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I meant, can I get the lighting system only without the extra switches you talked about (on board air, external lights, etc). Is the molle system part of your designed package or is it separate. Without the molle, are you designing it to have other mounting options, like to the rear roll bar or the sides? Seems most people won't have an overhead molle panel.
the switch i'm using supports 8 circuits , if you already have the upfitter switches you can omit the switches i used and use whatever you want on your upfitter switches. I used the molle overhead rail to allow me to do lots of other things , its sort of a universal design. You do not need it.
Sponsored