Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm trying to do a deep-dive here, because that trailer (Wolf Pup) would be on my short list. The difference is I have 2-door Wildtrak with 16" shorter wheelbase.
Looking at the numbers for your 4-dr Badlands, I come up with:

Bronco:
6560 [scale] - 6120 [GVWR] = 440 (~7% over)

Combo:
10140 [scale] - 8780 [GCWR] = 1360 (~15% over)

Let me know if I'm in error in my analysis.
I'm trying to figure out how far I could push the limits on my 2-dr, which has lower GVWR than your 4-dr, but about the same GCWR - but also 16" shorter wheelbase.

Thanks for your real-world feedback. By the way - have you had the chance to put your new (heavier) trailer (no-bo 19) through its paces yet?
So far have towed the new nobo 19.2 3 hours home and first trip is next weekend. it is very stable and no issues I did see drop in fuel economy but also heavy and was pulling on very windy day. The longer wheel bas helps with the stability. I would recommend to see if can borrow a trailer and pull. I did get anderson hitch for new trailer to help with stability also. I did hook the new no bo to our other 4 dr offroad suv with trail name rubicon and it was not as stable. I believe in my opinion it is the wide stance that helps. will give update after next trip but have no issues pulling with my bronco as pulls and handles just as good as my 2019 ranger did. hope this helps
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got our LIV 19BH camper built. Only 2580lbs dry with 2 bunks and a queen murphy bed. Made in Southern Georgia out of thermoplastic composite which makes it this light weight. Check them out at
https://www.livrvtrailers.com/

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO MD-Nugget

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO MD-Nugget
I've been looking at many different trailers and this is the best option I've seen so far.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's called a "Sherpa Bigfoot" (yeah, it even has a Sasquatch graphic on it - cool - LOL) At least that's what it started out life as. I took that as a starting platform and customized the hell out it.
https://sherpatrailers.com/bigfoot-teardrop-trailer/

Installed electric brakes and swapped hubs so that it now uses Bronco wheels/tires (so no need to carry a spare).

Reinforced the suspension to handle the rough stuff better. And modified the lift height and track width to match the track width of the Bronco so when towing through deep snow/mud it can more closely follow in the ruts of the tow vehicle.

Did a lot of electrical mods to it such as backup lighting and a 12v fridge (lives on a slide-out behind that black door at the drivers side rear, which I had to cut in). Also has a 100Ah lithium battery with multiple charge controllers for 110v, Solar and 12v (so I can charge from anything including the Bronco alternator when towing). And an inverter.

And, of course, little things like roof rack and ARB awnings.

The 2Dr Bronco tows it like it's not even there on and off road.

clyde6g

Big Bend
First Name
Trever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Valiant
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's called a "Sherpa Bigfoot" (yeah, it even has a Sasquatch graphic on it - cool - LOL) At least that's what it started out life as. I took that as a starting platform and customized the hell out it.
https://sherpatrailers.com/bigfoot-teardrop-trailer/

Installed electric brakes and swapped hubs so that it now uses Bronco wheels/tires (so no need to carry a spare).

Reinforced the suspension to handle the rough stuff better. And modified the lift height and track width to match the track width of the Bronco so when towing through deep snow/mud it can more closely follow in the ruts of the tow vehicle.

Did a lot of electrical mods to it such as backup lighting and a 12v fridge (lives on a slide-out behind that black door at the drivers side rear, which I had to cut in). Also has a 100Ah lithium battery with multiple charge controllers for 110v, Solar and 12v (so I can charge from anything including the Bronco alternator when towing). And an inverter.

And, of course, little things like roof rack and ARB awnings.

The 2Dr Bronco tows it like it's not even there on and off road.
Thank you. Definitely a good trailer to make your own. You have a lot of work in yours.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm using the old military M416 4x6 foot trailer as a general guideline for the chassis dimensions and building what I want up from there. I'll take my work laptop home one of these weekends and draw it up in CAD. Should be able to get all the materials cut and shaped myself. Already talked to one of our welders about handling that end of things. He does alright work I suppose.

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO EEF9E136-11D2-4427-8576-F93410348D99
Those are some really pretty welds and on an intake so probably don't leak either

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thomas

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking at many different trailers and this is the best option I've seen so far.
Yeah it's great! The newer models are even lighter now by getting rid of all the wood and replacing with composite. Somewhere in the low 2400#s I think.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah it's great! The newer models are even lighter now by getting rid of all the wood and replacing with composite. Somewhere in the low 2400#s I think.
Are you running a hitch extension? I'm wondering how the electric tongue jack will work with our spare tire? Or maybe I can have them put a manual jack on?

Thomas

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you running a hitch extension? I'm wondering how the electric tongue jack will work with our spare tire? Or maybe I can have them put a manual jack on?
Wasn't a fan of the extension. I'm using this longer shank receiver.

CURT 17122 Replacement Weight Distribution Hitch Shank, 2-Inch Receiver, 6-Inch Drop, 10-1/4-Inch Rise https://a.co/d/0ANBuLS
Sponsored