Sponsored

"live stream" camera in the MAP facility?

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watched them driving Broncos off the line as I watched them park them in their corral as I was peering at them behind the fence.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like to watch live stream video feeds... A feed in the MAP would be great! Are there legal issues etc. that would prevent this?
‘they probably could show each bronco coming off the assembly line..won’t reveal and manufacturing techniques

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford would be out of their minds to do it.

secondly there is no way in hell the UAW would allow it.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Actually, in the
Raise of hands for anyone who would want a live stream of themselves working at their job on the company clock. I'll wait...
The world we live in today. This is a brilliant idea...we do not have to shoot footage of us building them, there are plenty of automated stations they could shoot that would be of major interest to the consumer. I would love to have a video of my specific Bronco being made. I would pay for the footage also...people want to witness their vehicle being built. They should figure out a way to get the customer base more involved. Sponsored events, tracks to the building of the vehicle.
WHoever does this will make a small fortune. Off Rodeo is just scratching the surface.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford would be out of their minds to do it.

secondly there is no way in hell the UAW would allow it.
I
IF THAT IS TRUE HOW DID WE GET ALL THE VIDEO FROM THE 60s to TODAY??? This is the kind of BS that get purported on here.
Don't believe your lying eyes everyone!!!! you are not seeing video of UAW members building truck and cars for the last 100 years...LOL...ridiculous!

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have been to a couple of plants (old Rouge plant in particular) and it was super cool. My buddy got to see his Mustang be built in 89 (25th anniversary 89 1/2 model). You really didn’t want to see the sausage made back then. It’s probably a bit more tame these days, but listening to many of the members here complain, can you imagine the nightmare live streaming would be? People would constantly complain, catch stuff, post comments etc. So little upside because people are often jerks. Plus the UAW would fight it as others mentioned, who wants to be on camera at work all day (not it 🤪).
We do not have to be on camera all day, there are enough interesting automated spots that we would love to watch. There are many of us who could care less if you watch. We like the idea. There are concerns but our union could work through them. Make sure the cameras are not used for monitoring employees with contract language. Infact, I think we have that language already,
if I am not mistaken. Just don't shoot the employees much...

shoot the automation portion mostly. It will work!! People will enjoy it very much. Let's talk about what IS possible!

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We do not have to be on camera all day, there are enough interesting automated spots that we would love to watch. There are many of us who could care less if you watch. We like the idea. there are concerns but our union could work through them. Make sure the cameras are not used for monitoring employees with contract language. Infact, I think we have that language already,
if I am not mistaken. Just don't shoot the employees much...shoot the automation portion mostly. It will work!! People will enjoy it very much. Let's talk about what IS possible!
Good perspective. I have been in a couple of plants and find it fascinating. I would certainly enjoy it if it could happen!

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good perspective. I have been in a couple of plants and find it fascinating. I would certainly enjoy it if it could happen!
Thank you, I want the customer to enjoy the whole experience. I am a UAW member. My first concern is for my fellow UAW members, which means my first concern is the CUSTOMER and CONSUMERS!!!!!!!! Hope this sheds a bit of light.

Last edited:

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
cant speak for the ford plants, but generally speaking, UAW has a strict no surveillance camera policy. Not sure why, maybe to avoid incriminating footage of its members, but yeah.

also, you could count the cars and take many things out of context based on it. "OMG they only build 5 cars this hour!"
sure, any employee is concerned with this. However, do not misinterpret what we are filming...we are not filming employees working, they can not use footage as evidence against the employees salary or union, for disciplinary action...Language is already there. Just shoot trucks and Cars being built. WE choose what is seen by how the cameras are positioned. Shoot the automated areas mostly. The UAW would just be concerned for their members safety and well being of course. That is always balanced for value to the consumer. Because, one does not exist without the other. For instance it is very dangerous to work in the plant. We balance that by creating safety standards so the consumer will get a well built product and employees return home they way they came to work. These concepts are as old as man.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
surely there could be a way (assuming ford didnt mind having its bronco and ranger throughput broadcast to the world for wallstreet to see).

but ultimately, its easier for the power that be to just say "no, we wont be doing that". and thats the end of it. where as "yes" now entails a substantial workstream of negotiating the right angle, budgeting for the camera, making sure it doesnt capture anything undesirable, etc. Theres endless opportunity for issues and very little upside.
well, I got a yes from the CEO , JIM...so, there...in a email. Jim and his team know exactly what customers want and they will deliver it to them...I am sure of this, they are focused like Mullally was. I have witnessed many management teams..this one is special.
I was contacted immediately for the whole idea..they are not playing games...

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this what it's come to? We're resorting to cam shows of the bronco?

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is this what it's come to? We're resorting to cam shows of the bronco?
people want a clip of their Vehicle (especially high end vehicles) being built. Yes, NFT's and Bitcoin are a thing too...rofl...every manufacturer will follow...like usual!!!

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

people want a clip of their Vehicle (especially high end vehicles) being built. Yes, NFT's and Bitcoin are a thing too...rofl...every manufacturer will follow...like usual!!!
Fine. Sign me up!!!

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW that spec is awesome..
Thanks buddy! I'm looking forward to it. I was so late to the game (6/9/21 res) that I am praying I get it by end fo the year but I'm not holding my breath
Sponsored