Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks new to me?
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Skid Plate Install & Review -- “SO EASY, A GIRL CAN DO IT!” (/S) 1695829161252

This is what slightly used looks like.
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Skid Plate Install & Review -- “SO EASY, A GIRL CAN DO IT!” (/S) 1695829161252

I had just washed mine and it wasn’t in great lighting. It definitely wasn’t in “new” condition. Either way though, the new skid plate looks so much better, and provides more clearance. So why wouldn’t I upgrade from the original even if it was like new?
117BDA14-0377-4D90-A7EF-111BA3F63AB7.jpeg

Sponsored

Sponsored

Elevator Man

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mercedes GLE, 2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Main issue I see with this skid is it leaves the spot where the lower control arms connect completely exposed. This spot gets hit easily and needs protection. I specifically look for skids that protect this weak spot.
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Skid Plate Install & Review -- “SO EASY, A GIRL CAN DO IT!” (/S) 1695841273319

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Main issue I see with this skid is it leaves the spot where the lower control arms connect completely exposed. This spot gets hit easily and needs protection. I specifically look for skids that protect this weak spot.
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Skid Plate Install & Review -- “SO EASY, A GIRL CAN DO IT!” (/S) 1695841273319
You raise a valid point, but for her level of off-road use, it wasn’t a major concern. All the contact we’ve encountered with the OEM skid plate on hers, was due to the angle of the skid, and it bumping mid point between the bumper and the lower portion… this skid plate simply didn’t touch at all, on the same obstacles the OEM got dented and scratched.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its amazing, all these women in Youtube videos wear Yoga pants and sandals when working on their Bronco/Jeeps.

If you had gouges in your stock skid...wait til you hit that Aluminum skid on a rock. I don't understand why weight savings is an issue - you wont save much in fuel if any. Aluminum skids and rock slides are ok for street queens only.

Anyone with Aluminum skids will tell you they deform and gouge easily.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Exactly why I went JCR

1695849928391.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.