First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got my skid plate system just in time on my base model. I’m going to Moab this Friday. I also ordered the gas tank skid plate also from JCR but it hasn’t been sent yet. They did send me an email letting me know they didn’t ship it yet. Install was smooth. Just followed the video from YouTube. Everything lined up well and took me 2.5 hours to install with my Dad’s help on the lift.
Ford Bronco JCR off-road skid plate installed 5C65C059-CFDF-4BD4-BEE1-749952ADEAC3

Ford Bronco JCR off-road skid plate installed 6ABFD9A0-39F4-4B35-814F-DF05217170DB

Ford Bronco JCR off-road skid plate installed 689554C3-4146-4FA2-B791-397982E2D4CA
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't know they were out yet. I've been planning on getting the ARB full skids if I get my Bronco.

Did you buy a kit, or just individually purchase all the skids they offer? Seems like it adds up to about $1,300?

OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't know they were out yet. I've been planning on getting the ARB full skids if I get my Bronco.

Did you buy a kit, or just individually purchase all the skids they offer? Seems like it adds up to about $1,300?
I bought them individually. Total cost with shipping and tax for me was $1666.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

look closely at what ARB’s full skids include. pretty sure it’s at least missing the fuel tank skid

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

look closely at what ARB’s full skids include. pretty sure it’s at least missing the fuel tank skid
Well that is interesting. They are cheaper but didn't realize this. Looking at ARB site, their catalog says...

Four panels protect the front engine, front differential, rear engine sump, power steering, stabilizer bar, transmission, and transfer case (no gas tank)

In addition there's an asterisk that says skid plates will need to be removed to access the oil drain plug. (That's a bit hard to believe they would do that)

Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They look great! I want the system as well, but my wallet says no.

OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well that is interesting. They are cheaper but didn't realize this. Looking at ARB site, their catalog says...

Four panels protect the front engine, front differential, rear engine sump, power steering, stabilizer bar, transmission, and transfer case (no gas tank)

In addition there's an asterisk that says skid plates will need to be removed to access the oil drain plug. (That's a bit hard to believe they would do that)
The JCR skids are also made of 3/16” plate. 50% thicker than ARB so there’s some of the additional cost

Reactions: R11

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Noticed you didn’t get their lower control arm skid and maybe the gas tank too?

when I went to off roadeo, I noticed the place we scraped the most was coming off a rock on that LCA.

however, I’m curious what you guys think on if it’s necessary to protect the LCA. Looks like it can take some abuse to me.

OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Noticed you didn’t get their lower control arm skid and maybe the gas tank too?

when I went to off roadeo, I noticed the place we scraped the most was coming off a rock on that LCA.

however, I’m curious what you guys think on if it’s necessary to protect the LCA. Looks like it can take some abuse to me.
My plan is to make my own skids for the lower control arms. I would of made my own belly skids but I am currently on my way to Moab Easter safari and didn’t have enough time. Here’s the bumper I made.
Ford Bronco JCR off-road skid plate installed 07512502-3E61-4B66-8953-B33F95F11738

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got my skid plate system just in time on my base model. I’m going to Moab this Friday. I also ordered the gas tank skid plate also from JCR but it hasn’t been sent yet. They did send me an email letting me know they didn’t ship it yet. Install was smooth. Just followed the video from YouTube. Everything lined up well and took me 2.5 hours to install with my Dad’s help on the lift.
Ford Bronco JCR off-road skid plate installed 07512502-3E61-4B66-8953-B33F95F11738

Looks like you had to cut the tow hooks in Front? Is there no way around that? I was hoping to get these, but I’d like to maintain a recovery point up front.

Sponsored

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks like you had to cut the tow hooks in Front? Is there no way around that? I was hoping to get these, but I’d like to maintain a recovery point up front.
just watched the install video, it comes with tow hook delete for those of us with the plastic bumper. No way around it… we will just have to get a bumper with tow hooks at the same time with the skids. Sweet that we don’t have to cut the original hooks though.

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

689554C3-4146-4FA2-B791-397982E2D4CA.jpeg
Hi - I'm going to purchase the Transmission skid plate. I'm not a mechanic though I can follow a recipe and I have a complete set of hand tools. I don't have a lift so I'd have to crawl under the truck to bolt on the skid plate - however is this realistic? Will I have enough workspace to get the job done? Appreciate any insights based on your experience.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi - I'm going to purchase the Transmission skid plate. I'm not a mechanic though I can follow a recipe and I have a complete set of hand tools. I don't have a lift so I'd have to crawl under the truck to bolt on the skid plate - however is this realistic? Will I have enough workspace to get the job done? Appreciate any insights based on your experience.
You do not need a lift. You could jack up the vehicle if you need a little bit of room. The biggest challenge is this how heavy they are and bulky and trying to hold them up while getting your first couple bolts in.

So if you have help, it'll make a big difference. If you have a floor jack it'll make a big difference. If you don't have either... It's not impossible, but it's not going to be exactly fun :)

I have the all the skids myself, sitting on my floor in prep for my Bronco (That's supposed to be here next week but I doubt it).

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just finished the transmission skid and now we’re 85% done down there.

mine did not line up as well as yours seems to but it will definitely do the job. Cross members on my 2.7 are covered so they're a non-issue now. They are insanely thick and I am wildly confident they'll hold up to anything I choose to do.

my first engine skid would not line up right and I wrestled with it for two weeks with no luck. They sent me a replacement at no cost, which is a class act move.

I wish it lined up better. Maybe the 23s are different in some ways or maybe I’m an idiot.

Did it with a floor jack and hand tools in roughly 3 hours.

I would buy them again. Solid product and a fair price.
Sponsored

Last edited: