Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello everyone,
I recently installed the Lobo WNC front bumper and skid plate on my Big Bend 2.7. It looks great and I am super happy with it. I still need to put in the parking sensor plugs but other than that it is done.

I learned that the Badlands zxr 9000 winch fit perfectly. I believe the new 9500 and 12000 are the same dimensions. I just had a new zxr 9000 in the garage so I used it. However, I swapped out the cable for rope.

I was even able to keep the plastic fins / louvers between the intercooler and winch in place with some modifications.

Here are some pics-

under.jpg

side view.jpg

front.jpg

front 2.jpg

front close up.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello everyone,
I recently installed the Lobo WNC front bumper and skid plate on my Big Bend 2.7. It looks great and I am super happy with it. I still need to put in the parking sensor plugs but other than that it is done.

I learned that the Badlands zxr 9000 winch fit perfectly. I believe the new 9500 and 12000 are the same dimensions. I just had a new zxr 9000 in the garage so I used it. However, I swapped out the cable for rope.

I was even able to keep the plastic fins / louvers between the intercooler and winch in place with some modifications.

Here are some pics-

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper front close u

Thank you for sharing your photos and confirming we have more winch options.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any cutting required for installation on the 2.3L with mod bumper?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
any cutting required for installation on the 2.3L with mod bumper?
You have two options, you may cut or just bend back the small tabs that were used to mount the intercooler shroud, in order to clear the winch.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys there has been some discussions lately about the stresses winches and recovery points place on bumpers and the frame mounts, so we wanted to take a deep dive on how our own WNC bumpers fare in that discussion. You've seen what our assembled bumpers look like in the photos above, but we haven't posted many pics of the "backbone" sub-structure that lurks beneath our "High-N-Tight" bumper shell. So here's a look at it:

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper IMG_4136X-1500sq

There are a few key take-aways from this pic. First is that, as you can see, the backbone incorporates all of the major stress sources of the bumper: the winch mount, the recovery tabs, tie-ins to the lower skid plate and bumper shell, and of course how this all ties in to the Bronco's frame/bumper mounting plates. While our bumper shells are made of 1/8" steel to save weight, this backbone is frabicated entirely of 3/16" plate steel and heavily braced and gusseted in all directions.

Another key takeaway is when you look at where the winch and recovery points sit. The centerline of the winch is just about concentric with the centerline of the frame mounts. This is partially a result of our High-N-Tight design ethos, but it's also a deliberate attempt to reduce the leverage placed on these components under hard pulls. Whether its a top-mounted winch or one that bolts way out in front of the bumper (or both), the further the winch gets from the centerline of those mounts, the longer the "lever" is for the forces that are acting on them under pulls and recoveries. The D-ring tabs do have to be somewhat out front, but they're on-center horizontally, and as close to the bumper mountings as possible due to our HNT design.

Also very important is tying the bumper in to a strong lower skid system, as our does (HNT Skid sold separately). The bottom edge of the Backbone bolts to the front edge of the skid, providing a solid brace against the Backbone wanting to rotate around the axis of the frame mounts the way we've seen in some of these recent incidents. Or skid is in-turn braced back to the frame rails through our replacement skid/intercooler mounts, as well as bolting to the differential crossmember further back.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper IMG_4135X-1500sq

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sure there’s some explanation somewhere that I missed through comments and the product page, but why does there appear to be such a large gap between the top of the bumper and the bottom of the valance?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m sure there’s some explanation somewhere that I missed through comments and the product page, but why does there appear to be such a large gap between the top of the bumper and the bottom of the valance?
When we designed it we matched the top height of the factory Modular steel bumper, so we have about the same gap as stock Broncos equipped with that bumper. I see from your profile pic that yours has the factory plastic bumper. Those appear to have less gap because they have a rubber valance or gasket between the bottom of the grille and the top of the bumper. But take a look at any Bronco with either the Modular or Capable factory bumpers and you'll see they have about the same gap but without a rubber filler piece. The Capable bumper drops down more in the center, leaving an even bigger gap in the middle. There has to be *some* gap to allow for different flexing between the vehicle's body and frame, which is why the body mounts are rubber.

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When we designed it we matched the top height of the factory Modular steel bumper, so we have about the same gap as stock Broncos equipped with that bumper. I see from your profile pic that yours has the factory plastic bumper. Those appear to have less gap because they have a rubber valance or gasket between the bottom of the grille and the top of the bumper. But take a look at any Bronco with either the Modular or Capable factory bumpers and you'll see they have about the same gap but without a rubber filler piece. The Capable bumper drops down more in the center, leaving an even bigger gap in the middle. There has to be *some* gap to allow for different flexing between the vehicle's body and frame, which is why the body mounts are rubber.
All good. Thank you for the clarification. I knew aftermarket winch bumper was the way I wanted to go so didn’t associate myself with the modular bumper much in the planning for this build (if we can call it that yet). I knew some spacing was required for winch access as well as installation, etc but it just appeared to be greater than others. Regardless, thank you Lobo.

Voidran

Base
First Name
Braxton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

since the bumper shell is a separate piece. would it be possible to make different designs? i'd love love to have your wnc bumper in this style for example.
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper 86A1D1A3-06E5-4A2E-BC2F-2355132439A1

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They also incorporate Outrigger Braces for the bumper shell and provide a rigid attachment point for either the HNT Front Skid Plate, or the factory skid plate that came on Broncos equipped with the steel modular bumper.

... stuff trimmed ...

The WNC Front Winch Bumper pairs beautifully with our HNT Aluminum Front Skid (shown in these photos) and should also work with the stock skid that came on Broncos equipped with the steel modular bumper.
finally received my badlands w/ mod bumper.

does the current design still work with the 'stock skid that came on Broncos equipped with the steel modular bumper.' ?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
finally received my badlands w/ mod bumper.

does the current design still work with the 'stock skid that came on Broncos equipped with the steel modular bumper.' ?
I do believe a couple customers are running a OE skid with the WNC bumper currently.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there a cover plate for the top of the bumper other than just the light plate?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Added a couple images of the HNT WNC!! I know some have asked about how much the bumper covers the camera area, as you can see it the bumper interruption is minimal, as I have heard many other winch bumpers are covering around 50% of the camera.

F6-17-4510_B-1500sq.jpg

F6-17-4510_J-1200w-1500sq.jpg

DTS_2613X-1500sq.jpg

F6-17-4510_H-1500sq.jpg
Sponsored