Sponsored

Lodging recommendations for Austin Off-Rodeo?

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
+1 to this. It has a kinda kitschy, yet wonderful and delicious German restaurant, and a hot sauce store, where I think I almost died. The National Museum of the Pacific War is there (odd, I know, but Nimitz lived there).
And we also now have 50+ wineries, a brewery or two, and a whole bunch of great restaurants.
Sponsored

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many have said Marble Falls is a nice town. I would recommend spending an extra day or two exploring Fredericksburg and Austin. Lots of good BBQ and Mexican restaurants in all locations. Just ask someone on the street what is the best place to eat and they will steer you in the right direction. Have fun, and enjoy Texas!

GRPinehurst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stay at the resort. It's pricey but fun for the family. They have several things to do for everyone...resort dining/bar, pools, natural grass putt-putt, tennis, smores at night etc. Walking distance/golf cart ride to marina and spa.

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm staying at the La Quinta by Wyndham Marble Falls. It's actually a really nice upscale version of their hotels with great rates at a fraction of the resort cost. I'm also not doing the whole Austin thing because I live in Colorado and have done it before. Depending what kind of trip you want to make of it will depend where you want to stay.

LaQuinta at Marble Falls

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stay at the resort. It's pricey but fun for the family. They have several things to do for everyone...resort dining/bar, pools, natural grass putt-putt, tennis, smores at night etc. Walking distance/golf cart ride to marina and spa.
I'm with you! I live an hour away but my wife and I are staying there mostly for convenience. The shuttle to and from the off rodeo is an added bonus.

Looking at the schedule that some have posted on here, it looks like staying the first day could go into the evening and also having an early start the 2nd day. That just seem nice to only be a few minutes away with a ride there.

schedule for reference:
Day 1
Welcome / Basecamp Tour
Ground School
ORX Course
Trail Drive
Cookout & Campfire
Day 2
Outfit
Trail Drive
Lunch and Depart

Sponsored

t_bucket

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

+1 to this. It has a kinda kitschy, yet wonderful and delicious German restaurant, and a hot sauce store, where I think I almost died. The National Museum of the Pacific War is there (odd, I know, but Nimitz lived there).
Yes Fredericksburg is a great area to stay, a ton of nice AirBnBs all around there. I have stayed at: Dogtrot at Triple creek and Double Deer Ranch, both off of hwy 16 just north of Fredericksburg, but about an hour from the venue.
A ton a great back roads to drive around and take the windy roads up to the venue. taking 310<->308<->315 is a nice cut through.

Also a map to add stuff in the area:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1yEnQ3AFN8Otx2N2psjehTnFheX7fnr3v&usp=sharing

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You know you don't have to wait to get your Bronco to go to the Off-Roadeo right? In registration they ask for your VIN so I think you may need to be production scheduled, but that's it. They have program vehicles they use for the Off-Roadeo so even if you drive your Bronco there you won't drive it for the event.
I'll try not to be offended; since I spend nearly every available moment on this forum, of course I know I don't have to wait!;)

I do, however, have to schedule around my life as a preacher, basketball coach and average-to-good father.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know you don't have to wait to get your Bronco to go to the Off-Roadeo right? In registration they ask for your VIN so I think you may need to be production scheduled, but that's it. They have program vehicles they use for the Off-Roadeo so even if you drive your Bronco there you won't drive it for the event.
I've registered and don't have a VIN but they did confirm I have an order with a dealer. Are you saying it won't be free for me unless I have a VIN assigned to my order? I'm code 99 MY22 due to my options and color choices (waiting for green). But I'm waiting for my local Off-Roadeo (Moab) to open for registrations - right now I've only filled out all the info for me and my passenger.

I hope I'm misunderstanding what you're saying - the info I've seen makes it seem that as long as I have an order (not just a reservation) I'm good to go.

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've registered and don't have a VIN but they did confirm I have an order with a dealer. Are you saying it won't be free for me unless I have a VIN assigned to my order? I'm code 99 MY22 due to my options and color choices (waiting for green). But I'm waiting for my local Off-Roadeo (Moab) to open for registrations - right now I've only filled out all the info for me and my passenger.

I hope I'm misunderstanding what you're saying - the info I've seen makes it seem that as long as I have an order (not just a reservation) I'm good to go.
All you will be responsible for is the $200 deposit, $35 fee, and the $75 insurance if you take it.

And yes, just an order is accepted. I have no vin yet either.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All you will be responsible for is the $200 deposit, $35 fee, and the $75 insurance if you take it.

And yes, just an order is accepted. I have no vin yet either.
Thank you for confirming, that's what I thought!

Also need to pay for travel and lodging. But they did lower the price for passengers AND some/most of us have a $250 credit on top of all that to use.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for confirming, that's what I thought!

Also need to pay for travel and lodging. But they did lower the price for passengers AND some/most of us have a $250 credit on top of all that to use.
Ya I wasn't for sure, I knew they asked for the vin at registration so I just assumed that was a constraint.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm staying at the La Quinta by Wyndham Marble Falls. It's actually a really nice upscale version of their hotels with great rates at a fraction of the resort cost. I'm also not doing the whole Austin thing because I live in Colorado and have done it before. Depending what kind of trip you want to make of it will depend where you want to stay.

LaQuinta at Marble Falls
That's where I'm staying as well. It was half the price of the resort.

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Lodging recommendations for Austin Off-Rodeo? Presentation2

Sounds like a fight to the death is in order. We have to sort this out...

Gentllemen (or ladies, as the case may be), choose your weapons. Last one standing becomes the official advice-giver of this thread.

GO!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Austin is awesome, I'd stay downtown... I don't know what kinds of people are on here, but I love that city. Get a decent hotel downtown with nice accommodations, go hit 6th street after the rodeo and tie one on, and then go back and drive some more. A lot of bias, but I've lived here a long time and it's a nice place. Yes, it's congested, but you only come to Austin to visit once or twice, and you're already in hill country, go see what the city has to offer.

If you want to keep it all rugged outdoorsy whatever, I respect that, but I like a nice hotel room, wash up, get a really nice dinner and have some drinks, then come and crash out until the next day. If you do it over the weekend you shouldn't see traffic the same as a Tuesday morning... plus you're leaving the city, not going towards it.
Agreed, we are coming in a few days early, staying downtown and enjoying some of the food and attractions in the city, before we head out to the hosting resort. Why waste the trip without seeing what the area has to offer (I have been, but for conferences and wife has not).

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They prefer you stay at Horseshoe Bay resort so they shuttle you to and fro. Price isn't horrible and there are several things to do for kids big and small.
Sponsored