Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lets use your own cars as an example.

Why do you need a BMW?
Clearly you prefer BMWs, but what can your BMW do that you need it to do, that most other sedans can't?

His answer was valid. He wanted it and flat out said he does not need it. No one needs it or any of these luxuries we have.

Same with me,
I did not need an Alfa Romeo, but god damn I wanted that sexy little beast and am lucky to be able to afford it. I am down to 1 kidney as a result, but hey, I should be good for another couple of years.
šŸ¤£
:unsure:
Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Need? Hell no ones "needs" a Bronco or a Jeep. We buy them because we can and they are cool.
If you are fixing to mall crawl I'm cool with it, less folks on the trails. That's not me.
I was asking a valid question which you defensively failed to answer. Perhaps someone else can explain why they'd need that much power. And by the way, I'm not a mall crawler.
Seems he answered the question in an open and fair manner. Wants vs needs. It's a simple and honest answer. He's not the one being defensive here, it's you. Multiple times in this post. You took my post out of context and oddly enough I got a message from the moderator about it. šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
Okay, heading to sensitivity training now. Have a great day please.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Perhaps Iā€™m not making myself clear enough in my question.
No, I think you were clear. You, not accepting his answer is what the rest of us are unclear about
Especially when you follow up with this
I get why people want more HP.
Cause literally,
That was his answer.
He wanted more HP but never needed it.
Yā€™all do you. šŸ˜ƒ
Always have, always will. Hopefully my posts show that.
My mantra is
Work to live, not Live to work
coupled with
If I have to work, I am buying fun shit that I don't need.
:D

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, I think you were clear. You, not accepting his answer is what the rest of us are unclear about
Especially when you follow up with this

Cause literally,
That was his answer.
He wanted more HP but never needed it.

Always have, always will. Hopefully my posts show that.
My mantra is
Work to live, not Live to work
coupled with
If I have to work, I am buying fun shit that I don't need.
:D
At this point I'm chalking this down to my inability to communicate properly. I understand the difference between wants and needs. Calling me a mall crawler was not fair, it was snarky. As a woman I have dealt with my fair share of misogyny and dismissal so I'm not overly sensitive just frustrated. I was genuinely wanting to be educated on the nuances of more HP for doing X versus Y with a truck. Also mansplaining to me what "he" was communicating is not what I was going for. Off to Santa Barbara now in my more horsepower than I need snobby ass BMW ;) . Have a fab weekend all.

(Oh and I wasn't asking why you guys personally need more HP or want more HP but why a truck needs to be made with so much HP without the other bits to support it)

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point I'm chalking this down to my inability to communicate properly. I understand the difference between wants and needs. Calling me a mall crawler was not fair, it was snarky. As a woman I have dealt with my fair share of misogyny and dismissal so I'm not overly sensitive just frustrated. I was genuinely wanting to be educated on the nuances of more HP for doing X versus Y with a truck. Also mansplaining to me what "he" was communicating is not what I was going for. Off to Santa Barbara now in my more horsepower than I need snobby ass BMW ;) . Have a fab weekend all.

(Oh and I wasn't asking why you guys personally need more HP or want more HP but why a truck needs to be made with so much HP without the other bits to support it)
lol I donā€™t think anybodyā€™s ā€˜mansplainingā€™. And if we are talking about things being unfair, itā€™s gotta suck being a guy and having a slight disagreement with a woman, because then you get smacked with the mansplainer label. For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™m a woman and have asked a ton of questions on different forums that tend to have mostly men on them, and never had any issues. I truly believe if you are being genuine in your questions, youā€™ll get good genuine answers, regardless of your gender.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lesson learned
Next time, be more specific and ask the question you want answered
vs
something completely vague.

Last,
The above had nothing to do with you being a woman
So you can put away your victim card. :rolleyes:

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lesson learned
Next time, be more specific and ask the question you want answered
vs
something completely vague.

Last,
The above had nothing to do with you being a woman
So you can put away your victim card. :rolleyes:
See? My victim card? Was that really necessary and thank you for making my point for me, ugh.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I donā€™t get people deciding what other people ā€œneedā€. People want it, and thatā€™s all that matters. No one ā€œneedsā€ a Jeep...they want them. I have no interest in the 392 or Jeep, but Iā€™m glad Jeep did it because it raises the bar and Bronco will now respond to the response....and whether or not you think I ā€œneedā€ more power, I want it. Itā€™s fun. Itā€™s usable.
Once again, I was asking in general, ā€œyouā€ as in the collective ā€œweā€.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

See? My victim card? Was that really necessary.
You asked a vague, loaded and snarky question, The below is YOUR first post in this thread
Why on earth do you need that much horsepower in a rock n mall crawler?
In which you were the first person that used the term Mall Crawler.
And when you got an accurate answer and the same phrase redirected back at you, are now backpedaling and trying to say it's because you are a woman.

So I stand by my Victim card comment.

Sponsored

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah there's a sarge green 2020 wrangler rubicon unlimited Godzilla build up the street here where my wife gets her jeep serviced, with the 40s and method wheels, winch, 3.5 lift, etc.........listed at $114,599

Pricy but looks pretty sweet

good luck with yours
Wow . Thatā€™s a dealer to stay away from .

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Just an observation of mine, but I had no idea your were a woman until this post.

It's a different subject for sure, but I'm not sure if misogyny is inherent in all things and therefore comes across with or without intent in every communication; or, perhaps it is inherent in all views, all perceptions of the world from those who suffer most from it, regardless of whether it actually exists in that time and place. Meaning, if no one knows you're a woman, are they "mansplaining" or are you defensive or embarrassed, or something else, about how things were explained, so you insert misogyny as the reason for the miscommunication. I don't know, but I think it's interesting to watch those social interactions occur. Collective you, not specific you. Kind of like "asking why you 'guys'", because I looked at that as gender-specific language, but maybe it isn't. I don't know.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shouldn't the thread title be changed to "Look what showed up in my driveway two days ago"?

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You asked a vague, loaded and snarky question, The below is YOUR first post in this thread

In which you were the first person that used the term Mall Crawler.
And when you got an accurate answer and the same phrase redirected back at you, are now backpedaling and trying to say it's because you are a woman.

So I stand by my Victim card comment.
Oh Iā€™m sorry you have never heard the term ā€œrock n mall crawlerā€ before. Itā€™s not a derogatory term, as it aptly describes what a Rubicon etc are usually used for, rock crawling and running errands. You said ā€œmall crawlerā€ when referring to me, I seriously doubt you would say that to a guy. And as I have neither been harmed, injured or killed as the result of a crime, violence, or other action, Iā€™d say according to dictionary.com you are incorrect.
And no backpedaling here. If you took my question to mean ā€œyouā€ personally perhaps ā€œyouā€ are the problem. Now letā€™s try and play nice in the sandbox, me included.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just an observation of mine, but I had no idea your were a woman until this post.

It's a different subject for sure, but I'm not sure if misogyny is inherent in all things and therefore comes across with or without intent in every communication; or, perhaps it is inherent in all views, all perceptions of the world from those who suffer most from it, regardless of whether it actually exists in that time and place. Meaning, if no one knows you're a woman, are they "mansplaining" or are you defensive or embarrassed, or something else, about how things were explained, so you insert misogyny as the reason for the miscommunication. I don't know, but I think it's interesting to watch those social interactions occur. Collective you, not specific you. Kind of like "asking why you 'guys'", because I looked at that as gender-specific language, but maybe it isn't. I don't know.
You mean the photo didnā€™t give it away that Iā€™m female, darn I obviously need a better photo. šŸ˜‚ and I didnā€™t say anyone was being misogynist, I said Iā€™ve dealt with it my entire life, as have most women, therefore Iā€™m actually not over

the photo wasnā€™t a dead giveaway? Perhaps I need one in a dress or something g. šŸ˜›
Misogyny is something ā€œweā€ women deal with in all aspects of life, I didnā€™t label anyoneā€™s specific behavior iour on here as such. I was trying to make the point that I am not overly sensitive to it.
And yes, being men you get all sorts of negative labels, often unfairly, but I doubt youā€™ve ever been called, ā€œtoo sensitiveā€ or ā€œtoo emotionalā€. Has anyone ever asked you to smile more? Actually it was my son who was reading through some of the Forum posts who brought up misogyny and how negatively aggressive sone responses are. Heā€™s a 28 yr old cis white guy by the way.

Sponsored