Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh I’m sorry you have never heard the term “rock n mall crawler” before. It’s not a derogatory term, as it aptly describes what a Rubicon etc are usually used for, rock crawling and running errands. You said “mall crawler” when referring to me, I seriously doubt you would say that to a guy. And as I have neither been harmed, injured or killed as the result of a crime, violence, or other action, I’d say according to dictionary.com you are incorrect.
And no backpedaling here. If you took my question to mean “you” personally perhaps “you” are the problem. Now let’s try and play nice in the sandbox, me included.
You are just digging yourself in deeper.
You started off asking a question in which you never wanted an answer, but when the immediate response to your post is one that uses the same word, that's when you pull out the
OOO I'm a woman. I am being unfairly called a term I just used on someone else.
I seriously doubt you would say that to a guy.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: You obviously don't know me and have not read my posts on this forum or others.

So lets just go through the order of the posts here and your comments.
Ford Bronco Look what showed up in my driveway yesterday 1622773953993

This is your first post in this thread. Starting off with "Why on Earth" is not the way to phrase a question in which you are trying to understand why someone thinks a different way. You were already laying down your opinion from the get go.
And to show that I was not the person who called you the Mall Crawler it was @395N responding to you and this is what he said
Ford Bronco Look what showed up in my driveway yesterday 1622774079562

So maybe you should yell at the actual person who you feel disrespected you.
Not only that, but where did he actually call you a Mall Crawler directly?
But apparently this post offended you basesd on these replies
Ford Bronco Look what showed up in my driveway yesterday 1622774164702

And that's when the rest of us were trying to figure what you actually meant to ask since he answered what you asked. But it turns out, you really didn't want an answer as you clearly stated
I’ll never understand why anyone needs that unless they are hauling and/or driving up huge hills.
Ford Bronco Look what showed up in my driveway yesterday 1622774280942

So why would you even ask the question, if you don't want to hear the answer?

After myself and others tried to further answer the question we thought you were asking was when you dropped this on everyone

Calling me a mall crawler was not fair, it was snarky. As a woman I have dealt with my fair share of misogyny and dismissal so I'm not overly sensitive just frustrated. I
First of all you used the term first, and then @395N only said the following
If you are fixing to mall crawl I'm cool with it
Hardly seems unfair. And furthermore, hardly seems like he was attacking/disrespecting you
it was OK for you to use the term,
Why is his response all of a sudden unfair and why all of a sudden is this a gender issue?

So I still stand by my statement that you are trying to act like a victim in this thread, after you came in too hot and did not appreciate someone using the term you started with, in their reply.
You set the tone of the conversation, and the choice of acceptable words.

I think you nailed it when you said
At this point I'm chalking this down to my inability to communicate properly.
I agree.

Time to move on
Sponsored

Last edited:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@MyCoke So how are you liking the 392? I have a bead on one and giving it some real thought.
Any feedback? Any off road time yet? How is the power modulation off road in the tech?

Sponsored

Eldo21

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2021 jlur and love it. I’d like to own the bronco that I ordered but at this point I have no idea when it’s gonna get built.

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! I bought a '19 JLUR in Feb. as a fun toy to hold me over until the Bronco arrived and to be my wife's DD. Only prob. is that she has fallen in love w/ it, and so far wants to keep it over the Bronco! At any rate, its value has increased quite a bit since we bought it, so it has been a solid investment even if we sell it for our Bronco when it arrives.

My wife loves the Sky 1-touch top, which admittedly is a really cool aspect the Bronco can't compete with.

I recognize that the Bronco will do some things better, but in the meantime we're having a blast road-tripping across the country (currently in St. George, UT) getting it dirty and creating memories that wouldn't happen to the same extent had we taken our car instead. I don't get how so many folks bash the most similar vehicle on the market....the one that Ford used as their benchmark.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! I bought a '19 JLUR in Feb. as a fun toy to hold me over until the Bronco arrived and to be my wife's DD. Only prob. is that she has fallen in love w/ it, and so far wants to keep it over the Bronco! At any rate, its value has increased quite a bit since we bought it, so it has been a solid investment even if we sell it for our Bronco when it arrives.

My wife loves the Sky 1-touch top, which admittedly is a really cool aspect the Bronco can't compete with.

I recognize that the Bronco will do some things better, but in the meantime we're having a blast road-tripping across the country (currently in St. George, UT) getting it dirty and creating memories that wouldn't happen to the same extent had we taken our car instead. I don't get how so many folks bash the most similar vehicle on the market....the one that Ford used as their benchmark.
It appears to me like there has been equal amounts of bashing in both directions. You are right that the Bronco is most similar to the Wrangler, but they are quite different in many ways...

My opinion is that we will see future Wranglers make changes to respond to the Bronco. Weight reduction!!! I'm sure design changes for easier door and fenders/fender flares removal will be considered. 35" or more tires/suspension lift from the factory is a no-brainer. Their V6 gasoline engine needs more horsepower/torque. More tech/features is obvious. The one area that I think Jeep will not make a change is with the solid front axle... they've done a good job over the years to improve the ride quality as much as they can, but that's it. That's the only compromise(and advantage) Jeep and Wrangler fans are more than willing to except.

392 though? It's a nice addition for those that want to do engine swaps, but you get it straight from the factory with a warranty! Personally, not for me... I'd be hitting the gas pumps too often because of the fuel economy and tank size.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eldo21

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you get the 2.0?
I did. It’s unreal slow, especially from a stop but…. It’s a jeep. Doesn’t really need to be fast. Don’t get me wrong, I would trade for the 392.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm looking at a built TJ Rubicon to hold me over. Possible late july-august aquisition date due to it's current location compared to mine.

This may change the build of my Bronco. Might just go down to a BaseSquatch to save some moola

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I did. It’s unreal slow, especially from a stop but…. It’s a jeep. Doesn’t really need to be fast. Don’t get me wrong, I would trade for the 392.
Being at altitude 2.0 is still better than the V6.
I test drove the 2.0 with 37s and thought it was pretty darn good while in Durango.

Eldo21

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being at altitude 2.0 is still better than the V6.
I test drove the 2.0 with 37s and thought it was pretty darn good while in Durango.
I figured better than the v6. My fam and I do really love the jeep. We are thinking we will keep it even when we get the bronco… one day. i suspect they are going to come out with a white top and that white mgv interior which would put me at the back of the list again.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I figured better than the v6. My fam and I do really love the jeep. We are thinking we will keep it even when we get the bronco… one day. i suspect they are going to come out with a white top and that white mgv interior which would put me at the back of the list again.
Good to hear it, enjoy.
I may be joining you very soon.
Sponsored