First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve got a 4dr 2.3L outer banks sasquatch, really want to add 37’s for the look. Looking for some guidance on the best tire for my situation. I don’t off-road and with the 2.3L I want to be careful on the tire weight. Will probably look to add the rousch cold air intake and an exhaust, probably a progressive spring lift. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why would you if you’re not going to off road? Lot of money for the look, but if you want, go for it. 37s add weight, and some stress, but you have the SAS package, so you should be good.

Tire discussions are like oil discussions. Everybody has a favorite. If you’re staying on road, stay away from the beefier mud terrain type tires. Besides being louder, not the best in wet weather.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The intake and exhaust aren't going to give you back much (if any) power. You will need the Ford Performance ProCal 4 for gains you can feel.
Maybe look into the BFG KO2's or General Grabber's if you want a reasonable 37" without too much weight penalty (72lbs). My Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 37x13.50R17's weigh about 86lbs and were a very noticeable addition.
Perch Collar lift for the front would get you high enough.
JKS Max Clearance kit will keep you from rubbing in the front (but may void your Warranty??).
How bad do you want the 37" "look" though?

Sponsored

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apollo-optics.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak | 2021 GT500 | 2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Stick with the lightest 37s you can find, in which case, we tend to recommend BFGs like the KO2 or the KM3. Nitto Ridge Grapplers also tend to be light and streetable as well. And there are some good Yokohama options, too.

The CAI and exhaust are nice upgrades, but they really won't do a lot without tuning, or at least a piggyback option like Burger Tuning's JB4.

We carry all the major brands here at Apollo, happy to go over options with you for your performance parts, wheels/tires, and suspension upgrades too.

thatch11b

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 DR Softtop
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BFG KO2 C

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve got a 4dr 2.3L outer banks sasquatch, really want to add 37’s for the look. Looking for some guidance on the best tire for my situation. I don’t off-road and with the 2.3L I want to be careful on the tire weight. Will probably look to add the rousch cold air intake and an exhaust, probably a progressive spring lift. What do you guys think?

The BFG KO2 37" C rated tires that come on the Raptor are the lightest I've seen at 65lbs / tire. That's lighter than most 35" tires out there. And you can get them cheaper as Raptor Factory Takeoffs here in this forum.

Toyo Open Country AT3s = 73 lbs
Toyo RT Trails are = 75 lbs

Nitto Recon Grappler = 75 lbs

Goodyear MTR = 75 lbs

BFG KM3 = 78lbs

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A lot of solid advice in this thread. I've got 37's on our Big Bend and love them. If you're not going off-road, stick with the BFG KO2 all-terrain tire. They're noticeably quieter than the KM3 Mud Terrains I've got on ours.

I also agree with @Bikeric and Nick. Spend your first money on a tune for the most usable performance gains. I put the Ford Performance Tuner on the 2.3L in the Big Bend and it makes a lot of difference. Plus, if you go with 37's, you'll need that or Forscan to recalibrate your speedo.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a set of Toyo AT3s and Titan7 wheels (Both are 18s) that are about 4 pounds heavier than Sasquatch. 91 vs 87.5 Pounds

The Sasquatch wheels are 35.5 Pounds each. Look for a much lighter wheel as well to go with the heavier 37s.

Sponsored

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bfg's run about an inch small in a lot cases.
I run 37" milestar patagonia AT/ R on a method 9" wide wheel. Tires are 71.6lbs

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honestly, look wise both are great. In order to fit 37’s though you need extra stuff done and then it fills the wheel well same as 35’s for the most part. For looks it’s my opinion that at the right height, both look amazing. I wouldn’t add the extra hassle just for looks but that is my opinion. With that said I have 37’s but mine is non-Sas.

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh, I would also not have the turn installed until after the tires are put on. Otherwise you get used to the tune and then larger tires slow you down and it’s disappointing. My opinion. Then you can enjoy it after the tires and not feel like you lost anything.
Sponsored