Sponsored

Need advice 37's and Lift!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there is no full crash bar just the small piece in the front/back since I'm running an SAS bronco. I just didn't know if it made a difference. Apparently not so doesn't matter if the rest is cut off.
Cut them flush.
There is the frame mount for the crash bar, but no bar. 37s shouldn’t bother it at all depending on the rim you choose. Offset is your friend.
Only if you never plan to leave the parking lot :sneaky:
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was a fantastic response thank you! Question on the JKS - I was watching the youtube video on it. With the rear delete it could potentially cause issues in a crash because it's there so the tire doesn't go into the cabin. Driving family around I'm not sure about that kind of mod. Without it I think it should still work.

Do you have a recommendation on body lift and spacers? I've looked at multiple so just curious what your thoughts are there. I may do that first and do the 37's later or just keep 35's.
It was my understanding.that the "crash bars" are there to make it harder for the vehicle to flip over when hit head on at a 45 degree angle. Either way I reccomend not crashing!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was my understanding.that the "crash bars" are there to make it harder for the vehicle to flip over when hit head on at a 45 degree angle. Either way I reccomend not crashing!

Very sound advice. Whenever my wife drives one of my vehicles, I just remind her shiny side up.
The stares I get.

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, yes before you say it I know there a ton of threads, but I need some advice on the set up I'm thinking about. I'm looking to add the BFgoodrich All Terrain T/A K02 37x12.50x17 C2. I currently have a Black Diamond with the SAS package.

A few questions.... since I'm a little out of my depth with this type of work on a car.

1. Will there be any rub without a lift? I've read so many different threads and there is differing opinions on this matter. I would love to hear from people that have actually bought these K02s.
2. Any ideas on good not necessarily cheap but reasonable lift kits that are adjustable? If I absolutely need one right now or if I can just buy the tires and do it later. I did read the thread on lifts from a few days ago but seeing if there any others out there I should consider if necessary.
3. Anyone know if these will give a little poke? I'm currently running with the SAS package.
4. I've also heard differing views on whether you need spacers or not?
5. Will this screw my tie rods? I've read plenty of horror stories of people off roading and blowing their tie rods when they go with bigger tires. Was going to go with the broncbuster brace here if I need it because I do go rock crawling every few months or so.

Sorry for the million questions, but really appreciate the responses in advance!

If you have any pics of your rig on 37's whether its K02 or not feel free to share as well!

Edit: Including my answer below since I had a question about the why.

Thats a fair question, I would say I want and need the lift but I dont want to spend the cash at this time so I can do it later. I want to hop on the 37's while I can get a deal on them. I do understand they only give 1 inch at this time.

Last time I went out I didn't have enough ground clearance for some obstacles and had to go around. Most of the trucks doing the tougher obstacles were running 37-40s with ease.
I used the Readylift 3” lift. Running Black Rhino wheels 17”x9.5” +18 offset 37”x12.50x17” Yokohama MT

039E391D-5027-48BE-B6B4-6265F235C93F.jpeg

946D4BCD-C6E6-4FFE-B304-3DDDBEAFA25B.jpeg

E28EA05A-2B02-43EF-8080-9648B58C35EE.jpeg

0FFAEEB9-34CF-4E9E-91CA-3F4DDBADBF41.jpeg

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can do an awful lot with a good suspension system. We are going to 37s today as soon as our freight shipment of metal gets here. We ran our ADS kit and the stock sas wheels and tires for a bit though. If you can only afford one right now, I’d do suspension first. We are still running our stock rack so I opted to run the stock tie rods as a disable link. We will be going to a 74 Weld rack and pinion and will install our icon tie rods we keep as spares at that time. As others have mentioned a tailgate reinforcement is recommended with a 37 on there. There is a lot to think about before going with 37s if it is anything more than a mall crawler. Just my $0.02 .

To recap, the things you need to highly consider if running 37s offroad are:

Clearance. You will need a lift
Tie rods. They need to be stronger
Rack and Pinion. It needs to upgraded or replaced as it’s not strong enough.
Tail Gate reinforcement. They tend to buckle with the added weight of 37s when off-roading
Honorable mention is front CVs. Not a bad idea to go with something stronger here as well as I’ve seen some break. This is not as common as other things though
Ford Bronco Need advice 37's and Lift! C98FB8D6-80C2-4653-8399-4CCDFF45F371

Sponsored

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

[/QUOTE]

So I had the intention of 37's and yet keep the center of gravity as low as I could.
I read every forum and took a stab at it and was mostly successful but did fall short.

0 offset wheels 8.5x17
37x12.5 Kenda Klever MT/2 - (Awesome tire by the way)
JKS tire clearance, (and a sawzall)
DV8 replacement fender wells all around
1.5 perch coller ( HOSS 3.0) Front ONLY -Foutz
Front hidden winch w/ mod bumper - was causing some sag on the OE front end
NO lift on the rear
Spare tire reinforcment
No body lift
no top hat.

(Rear lower metal cloak control arm on order)

Currently has some 'poke'
Ground clearance under that hidden winch is much better

It does have very minor front rub on the fenderwell - I strongly believe wheel spacers will clear it,

Rear with zero lift, it is 'clearancing' (bending up) the back fenderwell area. I think height is needed, wheel spacers may make a difference.

I did lift the rear wheel with a forklift and didn't impact anything before lifting a second tire.

Not a small 37":
Ford Bronco Need advice 37's and Lift! front wheel -37-1.5perch-o-offset

As it stands last weekend:
Ford Bronco Need advice 37's and Lift! 20230708_113713

This is the rear: You can see a little rub there 9it is monir so wheel spacers should take care of that spot, but some of the rear fender liner is bent) :
Ford Bronco Need advice 37's and Lift! back-wheel-zero lift-zero offset

Last edited:

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We got the wrong wheels. Wrong color and offset but the new ones are coming. Here is ours with the ADS Suspension kit and 37s. Wheels are method 305. These are 25 offset and supposed to zero. We also ordered Titanium and these are machined finish. New wheels will be in soon and we will run these until the new ones arrive. Oh it’s squatting because the 5 Sasquatch wheels and tires are in the back. I’ll get better photos tomorrow
Ford Bronco Need advice 37's and Lift! FC2B29F0-1420-40DE-993A-8602A3F2CE96

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am also confused why so many people move straight to 37’s, if your really crawling the rig and do some really technical stuff then yes it does help with additional ground clearance under your axles but otherwise just swapping out to a different more true to size 35 will look just as good. The stock Sasquatch good years just don’t look very big because of there more rounded profile, the 35x12.5 Toyo MT’s on my F350 look way bigger then the stock Bronco rubber. I think save the weight, possible warranty issues, and fitment issues and go with a true 35 and that will be good for a good percentage of folks.

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife’s blue and my cactus gray Bronco’s! Love the look with 37”s! Bronco looks so mean lifted on 37”!

4618A3F5-28CE-4A36-82CC-797133002E02.jpeg

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that they look great on 37s. The tires stay on the ground a bit longer too. Went to my test spot to see how much preload I need to put in the front coilovers (keep in mind I won't make any adjustments until the correct wheels come in) and noticed my rear tire stayed on the ground with 37s where it lifted with the factory Sasquatch wheels and tires. I was able to change directions and get that back tire off of the ground though. The flex of the ADS kit is simply amazing. It rides like a dream too.
Ford Bronco Need advice 37's and Lift! IMG_5389
Sponsored