First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone - looking for some advice. My Bronco is arriving in the next 3-4 weeks and I'm (finally) starting to shop for accessories. I live in Colorado and know that airing down (and then back up before the drive home) is pretty important on a lot of the trails out here.

I've never had an actual offroad vehicle or driven on trails that required airing down tires.

I've been looking at something like this: Amazon.com: VIAIR 300P Air Compressor Kit, 12V DC Portable Tire Inflator 2.3 CFM, Offroad 4x4 Air Compressor for Truck, Jeep, SUV Tires, Air Pump for car tires, 150PSI Max working pressure : Automotive

No idea if that's good/sufficient? Also it appears this machine can both air up and deflate...but I'm new to all this and want to avoid any newbie mistakes.

Thanks for any/all advice!
Sponsored

Maury

Wildtrak
First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't laugh, I got this.

It's not the fastest or most accurate of gauges, but does the job just fine. Took it to Moab, aired down to +- 18 PSI and re-inflated all 4 back to 35 in about 20 mins. Sasquatch stock tires.

Airing down we just used anything pointy. A valve tool would have been faster, but really that took about 10 mins. tops.

I was also looking at more expensive options, but since I had this for emergencies I figured I'd give it a try. Not in a rush to get anything else now, but the one in your link looks like it would be a gret step up.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't laugh, I got this.

It's not the fastest or most accurate of gauges, but does the job just fine. Took it to Moab, aired down to +- 18 PSI and re-inflated all 4 back to 35 in about 20 mins. Sasquatch stock tires.

Airing down we just used anything pointy. A valve tool would have been faster, but really that took about 10 mins. tops.

I was also looking at more expensive options, but since I had this for emergencies I figured I'd give it a try. Not in a rush to get anything else now, but the one in your link looks like it would be a gret step up.
Out of stock right now...but wow that's cheap. And that actually works ok? I'm immediately upgrading to 35" KO2s...and if that actually has the power to air up tires that large (and doesn't take an hour per tire) I'd definitely look for something like that (at least as my first compressor).

I just ordered tire deflators from amazon for $20 so those will work well for airing down. I'm never really going to be time constrained (so if deflating/airing back up takes a bit not too worried about that).

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't laugh, I got this.

Have something similar but first time using blew fuse for the rear 12v adapter and that was blowing up pool toys.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I second the MorrFlate units. I've been using them for years with the old 4Runner and now with the Bronco on 37s. Works great!

My affiliate link with them: https://alnk.to/hhy9HkE

Sponsored

Maury

Wildtrak
First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have something similar but first time using blew fuse for the rear 12v adapter and that was blowing up pool toys.
Yeah I realize it's cheap, that is why I got it at Costco quality is usually ok there. Have used it a bunch of times and it's been pretty good. Knock on wood until I get something better, and now I'll probably pack a bicycle pump just in case :)

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also got the Ford x ARB kit - mainly because it seemed like a worthwhile use of fordpass points. I will say it is quite nice to use - like the hose and chuck and even switch all feel high quality and the plastic box seems nicer than a cheap zipper bag. It is definitely not the best value nor highest performing but its a nice piece of kit at what seemed like a reasonable pricepoint to me. I probably would have bought something else if I didn't have the ford points to use though.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got mine from Ironman 4x4, but @Tricky Dick has a good one too. You can easily get one under $200 and just do 1 tire at a time if you're on a budget.

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Viair 400 that I've been using for ~15 years. Great units. That said, the air chuck that comes with them will not fit on the Bronco wheels with trim rings. I had to get an adapter with a straight chuck to be able to use it.
Sponsored