First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in Manitoba where there is no mandatory requirement for winters so I’m on the fence whether to go with a set. I can work from home if it gets bad out there but I have been caught in blizzards before. I see you folks have noted the OEM sask tires seem to do well in winter conditions, but seriously, has anyone felt a loss of grip on icy roads as yet?

In terms of financing, there is a deal with Ford atm for winters where you’ll receive 80k of points so that’s $400 equivalent. We also have an MPI (government insurance) payment program to pay it for up to 3 years. Without researching I’m figuring it’ll be around $2k fee + tax for a set of Blizzacks, steelies and sensors so around $30/biweekly. I’ll call my dealer and get some comparison quotes before I hit the go button.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Uphill613

Uphill613

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I live in Manitoba where there is no mandatory requirement for winters so I’m on the fence whether to go with a set. I can work from home if it gets bad out there but I have been caught in blizzards before. I see you folks have noted the OEM sask tires seem to do well in winter conditions, but seriously, has anyone felt a loss of grip on icy roads as yet?

In terms of financing, there is a deal with Ford atm for winters where you’ll receive 80k of points so that’s $400 equivalent. We also have an MPI (government insurance) payment program to pay it for up to 3 years. Without researching I’m figuring it’ll be around $2k fee + tax for a set of Blizzacks, steelies and sensors so around $30/biweekly. I’ll call my dealer and get some comparison quotes before I hit the go button.

From what I have learned so far. OEM tires are good in winter when they are new but overtime it will get worse in winter. The only real winter winter we can get for 35 SAS is the Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3 and my Ford dealer doesn't have them(only GY, Toyo or and a no name cheap Chinese branded tries). All the other ones are all terrains with snow rating on them which is more and less the same as the OEMs.