Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the OP mentions being ottawa

doesn't appear that the snowflake is actually required, but it's not a bad idea

https://www.ontario.ca/page/winter-driving
Thanks you are right. it's mostly an insurance discount requirement than the law in Ontario. We also travel to Québec often, over there you must have snowflake rated winter tires. I always had winter tires on all my vehicles can never trust those all seasons for some reasons.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Uphill613

Uphill613

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure if it’s much help but I spent a few days in Ottawa and Montebello QC during last February when you guys had a few days of intense heavy snowfall. My gf and I were in my 4 door BD w Sas and stock tires. The truck performed very well on the 401, side streets and a few back roads up at Kenauk for ice fishing. No issues and felt secure and safe. Here’s a pic of snow at Montebello that day.
F02E0448-B803-4B11-9EB5-44E0195CAFD9.jpeg
F02E0448-B803-4B11-9EB5-44E0195CAFD9.jpeg

Fairmont Le Château Montebello is an awesome hotel! We host our annual company meetings there. Hope you guys had fun in Ottawa and Montebello! Really glad to hear first hand experience on how well the OEM tires hold up. I am not too worried about the 4xx hwy since they get cleared pretty fast, a bit worried about the nasty freezing rain we get here from time to time.
Overall, definitely boosted my road confidence!

OP
OP
Uphill613

Uphill613

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve no experience with the stock Goodyear Territory in snow or on black ice - so other posters here have better insight.

I’ve always gone with winter specific tires on my family’s and my own vehicles.
Blizzak, Michelin X-ice and Nokian have been excellent.

I had Nokian Hakkepelliitta on my 2014 Raptor and liked them a lot

I picked up a set of 17” take-off wheels from a local guy on this forum and put a set of Nokian Haks

Nokian Hakkapeliitta
Thanks Paul, I am looking at Nokian Hakkepelliitta LT3 like you said for winters. Also thinking Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac All Terrain if I just want to keep one set. Just like yourself I always had winter tires on all my vehicles, the weather can get very brutal over here.

OP
OP
Uphill613

Uphill613

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ran my stock SAS tires last winter and they were fantastic. They are M+S rated which is permitted on our mountain passes.
Good here the OEMs are holding up well on BC mountains! I drove those roads over 10 years ago and some of them are no jokes.

Sponsored

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi guys, for those of you have SAS do you just rock the GY OEM tires during Canadian winter? If so, how do you like it on hwys or when driving over black ice?

I don't think the GY Territory meets the Canadian insurance company winter tires requirement. I've a 22 wildtrak locate in Ottawa with OEMs looking for some recommendations on winter rated tires for SAS. Does anyone also sell steely rims that fit for SAS?

Thanks in advance!
I'm in Windsor and we have no such requirements for insurance. We could rock all season tires if we wanted. Very few people change their tires. With that being said, the sas tires will crush that snow without a problem.

OP
OP
Uphill613

Uphill613

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They stock ones are S AND M rated so I think you'll be fine unless your driving in a competition, which I highly doubt you are 😉
Haha thanks! For sure not driving in a competition but our winter weather can get pretty funny from time to time. Like a full on thunder shower in the middle of winter with thick snow on the ground.

OP
OP
Uphill613

Uphill613

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in Windsor and we have no such requirements for insurance. We could rock all season tires if we wanted. Very few people change their tires. With that being said, the sas tires will crush that snow without a problem.
Ottawa valley has some unique weather conditions for sure. Co-operator made it clear to me that all tires must have snowflake on them or I am not qualify for their winter discounts.

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had good luck with goodyear duratracs with studs. they are available in a 315/70/17 are severe snow rated also. have a set for my bronco to install on nov 1 and have been running them for 4 years on my raptor.

they are not as good as the Nokkians in snow/ice but a a tougher tire for mixed condition driving.

ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ontario does not have a mandatory winter tires requirement. However, most insurance companies offer a winter tires discount if you have them.

Nokian Hakkepelliitta are my favorite set of tires and those are what I'm looking at for the bronco right now.

Sponsored

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ottawa valley has some unique weather conditions for sure. Co-operator made it clear to me that all tires must have snowflake on them or I am not qualify for their winter discounts.
That's crazy. It's definitely worst up there. We get a discount if we have winter tires, same as of we park in a garage rather than outdoors. But definitely optional.

Rick_DRZ

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 MB Sprinter, 2020 BMW x7 M50i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone find the Nokian Hakkepelliitta tires available? I understand that they were being produced in Russia and that Nokian is attempting to expand production elsewhere.

CCMDoc

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BB Sas, ‘14 Raptor, ‘71 Hemi ‘Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought mine a few months ago (before the weather changed and people started buying them up) from Tires Easy on eBay. Here’s a link. Don’t know if they’re still available.

Tires-Easy

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m well versed in what the Winter tire requirements are in my area, thanks.

For more information, you can check out the BC provincial website for areas requiring snowflake rated or M+S tires.
I read it as "OR M+S" as well. I didn't see anything in writing to indicate otherwise.

Ford Bronco Looking for Canadian winter tires SAS recommendation 1665838443216

We had some pretty extreme winter conditions last year and I was very happy with the Goodyears. The trick is to drop the air pressure. 39psi is way too high for winter conditions.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read it as "OR M+S" as well. I didn't see anything in writing to indicate otherwise.

Ford Bronco Looking for Canadian winter tires SAS recommendation 1665838443216

We had some pretty extreme winter conditions last year and I was very happy with the Goodyears. The trick is to drop the air pressure. 39psi is way too high for winter conditions.
Howdy, what pressure did you run for last winter in the Good years? My Bronco is slated to arrive before the snow flies here in Wyoming.
Sponsored