Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm 6'2 and don't have an issue getting into my Bronco, however, my wife is foot shorter and she finds it a slight pain in the butt to get in.

I don't want running boards or steps on my Bronco, but I'd like to clean up the pinch weld area down there. I was looking at getting the Rock Rails from Rough Country since they look decent and are inexpensive.

Are there any options out there for rock rails or the like that could be stepped on in a pinch if needed and not be damaged easily by stepping on them?
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm 6'2 and don't have an issue getting into my Bronco, however, my wife is foot shorter and she finds it a slight pain in the butt to get in.

I don't want running boards or steps on my Bronco, but I'd like to clean up the pinch weld area down there. I was looking at getting the Rock Rails from Rough Country since they look decent and are inexpensive.

Are there any options out there for rock rails or the like that could be stepped on in a pinch if needed and not be damaged easily by stepping on them?
Here are ones that are rock rails and steps:

https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-b...MIz_z38MTx-QIVFRDnCh10gAxLEAQYASABEgIeFPD_BwE

Or if you have more expensive taste:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/bron...VFRDnCh10gAxLEAQYCiABEgKKEfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Hope this helps!

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been using the Havoc trail crawlers. I hate them. Wife and daughter love them. At least they are beefy af.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JCR Off-road has some but they‘re expensive. Why not get some steps that attach to your stock rails? They appear to be easy to remove when you plan to go off road. I don’t remember the brands but will do a search after I post this.

Edit: The add on steps I was thinking of are made by IAG. I’m 6’6” while my wife is 5’2” so I was looking at options before I took delivery in May but so far she hasn’t complained. Too much anyway….

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I are close to your sizes. I added rails with a step to the stock sliders. It's enough for her to get a foot on but doesn't stick out far enough to interfere with me.

20220326_110537.jpg

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they're pricey (more than I want to pay TBH), but there's been a few sales here on the forum to save a few hundred bucks. Consider the Rock Slide rails? They're both a rail AND a step

https://rockslideengineering.com/product/bronco-4-door-step-slider/
I installed the rockslide engineering step rails this week. I got them through Deutsch off road and the group buy for B6G. Great deal and arrived in about 10 days. They are extremely beefy and you can put all your weight on them. They have a step about 4 inches wide at the base of your door. My factory rock rails were flush with the side of the car so you couldn’t stand on them. I it wasn’t the quickest or easiest install, it took quite a few hours, but it was done in a day and they work just great. As a general rule I’m not a fan of these electric lowering steps, they look a bit ‘soft’ for a true beefy off-roader, but unfortunately I’m getting a bit stiffer in my old age and found the steps very helpful as I’m lifted on 37s. This was the only set that I could find that you could actually slide over a rock with when on the trails. They are not as beefy as the poison Spyder rails I have on my jeep, but I don’t plan on rock crawling this bronco as hard as I did in my jeep.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In just to plug the RockSlide Engineering also.

6'2" but with a little knee problem....made a world of difference in me enjoying our Bronco.
Short wife.....made her go from complaining to actually liking to go in the Bronco.

Clubdub

Badlands
First Name
J.W.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 limited f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I are close to your sizes. I added rails with a step to the stock sliders. It's enough for her to get a foot on but doesn't stick out far enough to interfere with me.

Ford Bronco Looking for rock rails that can be stood on 20220326_110537
need some more info on this "step" please
looks good

Sponsored

emoty-c

Big Bend
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco?
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP I'm looking at the Rough Country rails you mentioned but I cannot find any forum members who have them. Anyone? The reviews are good. Quesiton is if they are actually strong enough w 1/8" steel to hold the vehicle.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the Havoc ones, I don't use them as a step and they do not get in the way when getting in. Mainly put them on to protect against door dents and to make it easier for the passengers to get in and out, I wouldn't consider them true "rock rails" but they should do a pretty good job of protecting the rockers as long as you are not using them to slide over rocks all the time.

They do not really hide the pinch welds, but that is easy enough to do with a rattle can or the stick-on trail armor.

Ford Bronco Looking for rock rails that can be stood on 1662046319403

Ford Bronco Looking for rock rails that can be stood on 1662046355221

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I used the LOD signature series and had them welded on. Those things are heavy duty!

BroncNC

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrak 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just ordered White Knuckle sliders, very reputable brand I remember from Toyota days. Its frame mounted and has an option for straight or 15 degree tilt. Also have option for plate, rear plate, or no plate.

I personally ordered 15 degree tilt, full plate. Should receive in a few weeks. Something worth looking at.

https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/product/ford-bronco-2021-newer-rock-sliders/
Sponsored