Sponsored

Looking to order a Bronco here soon, tire questions!

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In reality, I am driving daily to and from the gym, errands, etc. Luckily I work from home and am hoping to save some tire life and gas there. We use my boyfriend’s Ranger for off roading and camping, but I would like to have the option to bring the Bronco if we need a second vehicle or just want to give the Ranger a break.
Based on what you describe you are driving much like I do (I also work from home) - to the gym, to my golf club, on weekend trips, etc. As much of my travel is around town, my gas mileage is horrible. I can’t imagine what it would be if I had SAS on it.

Keep in mind that once you get it you will most likely want to buy a soft top (I’m assuming 2drs are still coming as hardtops) and other accessories so make sure you factor in that cost.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had not heard that, I will definitely keep that in mind! I do not know much about cars/suv’s (just never grew up with that information in my house), so I am learning a lot here and really appreciate your advice!
Lot of threads on here from people who didn't know or mistakenly left it off, I don't ever recall anyone saying they wish they wouldn't have got it. It's an absolute bargain at $800, especially if you are even contemplating going with even slightly larger tires (33s), off-road occasionally or deal with snow. It's an option as opposed to getting Sas, Sas includes the better gearing and rear locker already.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My vote is for SAS, but it you go non-SAS to save $$, make sure you get the rear locker option as previous commenter suggested.
This would be similar to the Ranger FX4 package, without the extra skid plates the FX4 offers (depending on Bronco trim, as previous commenter pointed out).
Skid plates can be bought after, but may end up costing more, and are not needed (but I still recommend) for "green" (easy) trails / dirt roads to camp sites.

The up-fitter / aux switches is also a very nice option to easily add accessories, like extra lights.

Different Bronco trims lock you out of the Mid, High, Lux packages. Look at what each package adds over the previous to see if, e.g. High package, is a must have.

- 2021 Badlands SAS LUX 2.7 4DR 18,600mi
(no leather, no tow, no hard top)

I found the GY SAS tires have excellent traction, but that is their only redeeming quality.

OP
OP

jcamp

Black Diamond
First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, 2-Door, Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My vote is for SAS, but it you go non-SAS to save $$, make sure you get the rear locker option as previous commenter suggested.
This would be similar to the Ranger FX4 package, without the extra skid plates the FX4 offers (depending on Bronco trim, as previous commenter pointed out).
Skid plates can be bought after, but may end up costing more, and are not needed (but I still recommend) for "green" (easy) trails / dirt roads to camp sites.

The up-fitter / aux switches is also a very nice option to easily add accessories, like extra lights.

Different Bronco trims lock you out of the Mid, High, Lux packages. Look at what each package adds over the previous to see if, e.g. High package, is a must have.

- 2021 Badlands SAS LUX 2.7 4DR 18,600mi
(no leather, no tow, no hard top)

I found the GY SAS tires have excellent traction, but that is their only redeeming quality.
Thank you! I will look more into the different trims and how the packages correspond with each. The green/easy trails will definitely be where we start!

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lot of threads on here from people who didn't know or mistakenly left it off, I don't ever recall anyone saying they wish they wouldn't have got it. It's an absolute bargain at $800, especially if you are even contemplating going with even slightly larger tires (33s), off-road occasionally or deal with snow. It's an option as opposed to getting Sas, Sas includes the better gearing and rear locker already.
A lot of Bronco owners don’t need Sasquatch but the rear locker for $800 is certainly a no brainer. I have the rear locker on my 22 OBX non Sasquatch that my daughters have mostly taken over and they certainly do not need the Sasquatch. I did put the Sasquatch wheels and 317/70 Wildpeaks on it and it is fantastic in the snow.

My first week reservation(OBX, Sasquatch, MIC, 2.7L, Lux, HD Modular) should arrive later this month as it was built 35 days ago and is awaiting shipment. I’ll have a Bronco that I don’t have to share. :)

If you wan’t the Sasquatch look, it was about $3k just to upgrade the tires, wheels and put a leveling kit on my non Sasquatch. I would have gotten the Sasquatch but my impatient nature made me delete the big constraints like MIC and Sasquatch so I could get it sooner and it took only 123 days to arrive after I first ordered.

Ford Bronco Looking to order a Bronco here soon, tire questions! D1C7E9C9-6708-42A2-89D5-D7E39680D958

Last edited:

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would recommend a Badlands non-SAS because it comes with better gearing, lockers and BFG 33” tires. The MGV seats are better than cloth and IMHO as goods as leather. Get at least the High-package for the 12” screen and 360 camera.

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sas then 3” more lift I’m running 37’s on my 2door the stock Goodyears are junk

Ford Bronco Looking to order a Bronco here soon, tire questions! D1C7E9C9-6708-42A2-89D5-D7E39680D958

Ok so on edit to be clear I’m a good year man I have run Real Goodyear mtr’s for the last 25 years on my wheelers. The stock tires are junk rock throwing junk. When I went to order my 37” MTR’s I found out they are disco :-(
In the last 5 years I have been running the Hercules terra trac on my 1 ton service trucks. Both standard wheel and Dually’s.
I’m a wild land fire contractor so I find my self in places that I probably shouldn’t be in an 11000 pound fully locked up truck. I have been nothing but happy with the Terra tracs. There are the quietest MT I have ever owned. They Drive very well on road and wet/snow. So far the wear has been exceptional for an 11000 lb brick with 500 hp 1000 lbft torque.
in short I bought all 5 37/12.50/17 for less than $1600 bucks to put on the bronco that weighs Half of my big trucks.
I also ordered the ford real bead lock rings

1B426447-5303-4ECA-AE01-5B4124C83A53.jpeg

E337232D-6723-4E22-A87D-5D0693E39274.jpeg

2C0158FF-9A37-41E4-8846-2B2342AF09F1.jpeg

44779167-F7F4-4132-A8C5-6242D4001074.jpeg

052E7E93-84BB-4B63-A136-201FC1AB0BC2.jpeg

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OBX looks a million times better with the Sasquatch package. That reason alone is why one should option it at order time.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black Diamond w SQ pkg is one of the best deals they offer

• Same suspension, drivetrain, & axles as Badlands - (minus sta-bar disconnect)

• Front & Rear Lockers

• Advanced 4x4 w (4A) & 4.7 gearing

• Full Vehicle Steel Bash Plates - six (6)

• Rock-Rails

• Steel Capable Bumper w built-in foglights & switch

• MGV seats & wash-out interior

• AUX Switches

• Seven GOAT Modes including Sport

• w Mid Pkg you get all the bells & whistles anyone could ever use, & less electronics to flake-out

Both engines have phenomenal power. 2.3L has 300 horse-power and about 160-lbs lighter. With either engine you won't be lacking power

For off-roading you really want the Full Vehicle Steel Bash Plates which are standard w Black Diamond and Badlands
Just one tidbit here. Agree with you overall, but the exclusion of the 360-degree camera from the MID package is painful. So Happy I went with the High package for those, as I use them quite often off & on road.

Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like everyone else I would recommend going with the SAS package. The only configuration I don’t think the SAS is worth it is if you get the 7MT in the Badlands trim. Others may disagree but you are essentially paying thousands of dollars for a 0.48 inch lift and 35’ tires (that actually are not true 35’)
How about the shocks? Springs, gearing?

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some questions here from someone looking to order a Bronco in the next 2-3 months!

Looking at ordering a 2-door, OuterBanks 2023.

1.) Is the sasquatch package a good idea for primarily a daily driver (with a small possibility of occasional off roading, camping, etc)? Are the 35s obnoxious to drive on in a 2-door on a daily basis?

2.) Has anyone not gotten the sasquatch, then modified as necessary later on? Is that more work and money than just paying the 4k and getting it built with the sasquatch?

Another thought is getting the sasquatch and immediately switch tires, ones with better ride, less rock throwing.

3.) The different engines (automatic, 2.3 vs 2.7 V6). Thoughts? Preferences? If I get the sasquatch is the 2.7 better?
Here’s my take, for what it’s worth:
1. I originally had a “placeholder” bronco, non Sasquatch. My current is a Sasquatch. Sasquatch is the way to go, it’s not noticeably different wrt noise.
2. Sasquatch looks better IMO
3. The rock throwing has been a non issue for me, I don’t know what the hype is all about. I read on here and was concerned, so I did some PPF along the sides, but I have maybe 2 chips, that you need a microscope to see, after about 12k miles. Don’t worry about these as much as this forum might lead you to.
4. Long term and resale, Sasquatch will be desirable, aftermarket parts, no matter how much you pay, will degrade value. People may buy used, but what they want is as untainted as possible.
5. I have a fully loaded v6 badlands. My original was a 2.3 MT. The v6 is a bit faster. That MT is awesome. If I could do it over, the one thing I’d change is the MT and 2.3. If you’re getting an automatic anyway, do 2.7. BUT if you want a MT but are worried about the 4cyl, just do it. With RPM control granted by MT, it’s probably faster than the 2.7 when you need it, the automatic transmission lags a bit, takes time for the turbos to spool up. Sometimes I need to
Go, pedal to the floor, but I’m waiting 2-3 seconds and I get a little
Scared.

Last edited:
OP
OP

jcamp

Black Diamond
First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, 2-Door, Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here’s my take, for what it’s worth:
1. I originally had a “placeholder” bronco, non Sasquatch. My current is a Sasquatch. Sasquatch is the way to go, it’s not noticeably different wrt noise.
2. Sasquatch looks better IMO
3. The rock throwing has been a non issue for me, I don’t know what the hype is all about. I read on here and was concerned, so I did some PPF along the sides, but I have maybe 2 chips, that you need a microscope to see, after about 12k miles. Don’t worry about these as much as this forum might lead you to.
4. Long term and resale, Sasquatch will be desirable, aftermarket parts, no matter how much you pay, will degrade value. People may buy used, but what they want is as untainted as possible.
5. I have a fully loaded v6 badlands. My original was a 2.3 MT. The v6 is a bit faster. That MT is awesome. If I could do it over, the one thing I’d change is the MT and 2.3. If you’re getting an automatic anyway, do 2.7. BUT if you want a MT but are worried about the 4cyl, just do it. With RPM control granted by MT, it’s probably faster than the 2.7 when you need it, the automatic transmission lags a bit, takes time for the turbos to spool up. Sometimes I need to
Go, pedal to the floor, but I’m waiting 2-3 seconds and I get a little
Scared.
great information thank you! more info about the sas / non sas is great to hear, definitely a perspective i need since test driving both will be unlikely before i order. sas seems like the way!
Sponsored