Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F150, 16 F150, 2010 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just ordered. 4 to 6 week lead time.
Really hoping it’s sooner.
They told me the same and then they shipped like a week later. Ordered 4/20 delivery 5/6
Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The little ones (6, 7, & 8 ) were having a hard time getting in and out without a boost so I made them help me install some new rock slider side steps this evening. Loving them. They are my favorite look aesthetically. I'm sure they'll offer some protection from pebble pings. They'll definitely offer some door-ding protection. Super easy to install (if you are removing the factory rails). Took just a little over half an hour and that was with the kiddos helping. ROCK SOLID sturdy. Absolutely no play or movement at all with my big ol' body hopping up and down on them. The kiddos can easily get in and out without any help at all.

1650941201184.png

1650941215653.png

1650941227586.png

1650941248959.png

1650941273258.png
Look nice. How difficult is it for one person to put these on without help? Seems like it would be difficult holding them level while trying to bolt on, unless they first "hang" on the underside before bolting.

OP
OP
idobleedblue

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look nice. How difficult is it for one person to put these on without help? Seems like it would be difficult holding them level while trying to bolt on, unless they first "hang" on the underside before bolting.
While I had the kids help on one just so they could have a sense of ownership and pride in helping... the other one I did by myself.

Get two 5-gallon buckets from Lowes or Home Depot, turn them upside down and set the rails on there. Crawl underneath. Be careful, because if not they could slip and fall on you which would hurt. But if you are careful that should hold them just a few inches away from where you need... enough to hold one side up while you bolt it on... then hold the other side up while you bolt it on. It wasn't too bad at all.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like mine but be advised I went through 3 different sets and they never lined up with the factory bolt holes. The 2nd set I received had significant cosmetic paint defects and the 3rd set had dents. I finally gave up on the 3rd set and used a reamer to drill out the front mount holes so I could get the bolts to fit. Figured they would eventually get banged up so I was ok with the dents.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I had the kids help on one just so they could have a sense of ownership and pride in helping... the other one I did by myself.

Get two 5-gallon buckets from Lowes or Home Depot, turn them upside down and set the rails on there. Crawl underneath. Be careful, because if not they could slip and fall on you which would hurt. But if you are careful that should hold them just a few inches away from where you need... enough to hold one side up while you bolt it on... then hold the other side up while you bolt it on. It wasn't too bad at all.
Perfect, thank you!

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 5 gallon bucket trick is a good idea. I used a hydraulic shop stool to get them to the right height. Balanced them on there and got the rocker panel screws in to get it started. Would have definitely been easier with a second set of hands, but it's doable solo.

If you don't have the Ford rock rails, make sure to order their additional mounting kit. It's easier to install the sliders first, then slide the upper mounts in.

I like mine but be advised I went through 3 different sets and they never lined up with the factory bolt holes. The 2nd set I received had significant cosmetic paint defects and the 3rd set had dents. I finally gave up on the 3rd set and used a reamer to drill out the front mount holes so I could get the bolts to fit. Figured they would eventually get banged up so I was ok with the dents.
That sucks that yours came with issues like that. Did you buy direct? Mine came in great shape, with some pretty serious packaging. I did need to ream out one of the rear mounting holes with a dremel (best tool I had on hand, took a while lol) to get everything to line up.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks that yours came with issues like that. Did you buy direct? Mine came in great shape, with some pretty serious packaging. I did need to ream out one of the rear mounting holes with a dremel (best tool I had on hand, took a while lol) to get everything to line up.
Yes, I bought direct. Had to stay on customer service but they at least shipped replacements. They were packaged well with foam but were still dented in a couple of spots.

Johnnybuck2

Badlands
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I bought direct. Had to stay on customer service but they at least shipped replacements. They were packaged well with foam but were still dented in a couple of spots.
man I ordered these steel legs for a table project. Dude it had tire tracks on it and it was bent like a taco at one end. You never know what you’re gonna get.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed the factory mudflaps yesterday. Some interference with the zroadz. I put a heat gun on the flap to take care of it.
Can you explain more about what you did to get them to fi? Looking to do something similar with my ZRoadz.

RUZ

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150, 2020 QX80
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I used a heat gun to sofen the mud flap, pushed them against the steps until the looked right. It didnt take much.
Sponsored