Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to check my coolant level today because of all the murmurs. I have had mine for about 3 weeks and 800 miles. When I looked cold it was a little below minimum level. Below the bottom line. So I heated for 10 mins like the manual says and the level came up to just below the max line. So it's fine. Do not put more coolant in until you warm your vehicle up. Yes I know it's been stated before. But you know, better safe than sorry. Didn't think we needed do not eat warning labels on Tide either. But here we are....
Ford Bronco Low Coolant level at delivery lol-laughing-hysterically
Sponsored

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't burp it, you aren't helping to do anything. How does such bad advice start?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I looked cold it was a little below minimum level. Below the bottom line. So I heated for 10 mins like the manual says and the level came up to just below the max line. So it's fine.
I've never seen a reservoir go from below minimum to max just because it warmed up. Not saying that's the case, because apparently Ford is doing some weird things. That's a pretty drastic change.... Or is the overflow really small?

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never seen a reservoir go from below minimum to max just because it warmed up. Not saying that's the case, because apparently Ford is doing some weird things. That's a pretty drastic change.... Or is the overflow really small?
Well warm coolant expands a fair amount and the reservoir isn't that big..... It went from juuust below the low line to a tad (1/8") below the full. Didn't seem out of the ordinary to me!v in total there's really only about a half inch difference in fluid level to achieve this. 🤷

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I decided to check my coolant level today because of all the murmurs. I have had mine for about 3 weeks and 800 miles. When I looked cold it was a little below minimum level. Below the bottom line. So I heated for 10 mins like the manual says and the level came up to just below the max line. So it's fine. Do not put more coolant in until you warm your vehicle up. Yes I know it's been stated before. But you know, better safe than sorry. Didn't think we needed do not eat warning labels on Tide either. But here we are....
lol-laughing-hysterically.gif
Per the manual you are supposed to read the level while cold. Where did you see anything about warming up the engine??

CHECKING THE COOLANT

When the engine is cold, check the concentration and level of the coolant at the intervals listed in the scheduled maintenance information. See Scheduled Maintenance.
Note: Make sure that the coolant level is between the minimum and maximum marks on the coolant reservoir.
Note: Coolant expands when it is hot.The level may extend beyond the MAX mark.

If the coolant level is at or below the minimum mark, add prediluted coolant immediately.

Last edited:

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well warm coolant expands a fair amount and the reservoir isn't that big..... It went from juuust below the low line to a tad (1/8") below the full. Didn't seem out of the ordinary to me!v in total there's really only about a half inch difference in fluid level to achieve this. 🤷
What I worry about is as the thing cools off and it starts sucking water back, if it runs out you introduce air.

I think I'll do what I've done on most of my vehicles, irregardless of what the manual says, and that when everything is warm I'll make sure that I have enough coolant to reach and probably go a little above the max line.

That way, as a little bit of coolant either gets lost, or the car cools off, it should always have fluid to draw from and not grab any air.

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait...are you saying a liquid expands?? No snark...honest question.

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco; 11 Jetta TDI; 03 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is an old thread but it's still relevant. I just checked the level in my 22 Black Diamond and it was way below the MIN mark. I hadn't driven the Bronco in a couple of days but thought I'd check fluid levels before taking it for a drive.

Ford Bronco Low Coolant level at delivery 1673219345254

1673219292083.jpeg
Sponsored