robbieb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I noticed this when starting my Bronco. Right as the radio screen shows up in the top left corner. Don’t know what it means. I had the soundbar installed and am wondering if they didn’t flash the ACM to add it. Does everyone elses do this too?

3D480A94-AFCE-40AA-9BF6-F73A978BC6A4.jpeg
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine does this too, not always though. Have no idea what it means

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It likely refers to the vehicle battery being at a low state of charge so it is disabling features by enabling a low power mode in the APIM to protect the battery. Are you having any issues with the alternator?

OP
OP

robbieb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It likely refers to the vehicle battery being at a low state of charge so it is disabling features by enabling a low power mode in the APIM to protect the battery. Are you having any issues with the alternator?
Nope. Just got it 2 weeks ago. only have 600 miles on it.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just because it only has 600 miles on it doesn't mean the battery could not be faulty, or the alternator. Also was it a dirt mountain refugee or did it roll straight off the plant floor into the carrier or rail lots? Lots of factors could cause this to happen, but it is not normal for a vehicle with a good battery, good battery connections, and a working alternator to trip into the low power mode.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I hate to break it to you, but a low mileage Broncos are just about the only ones that DO break because of all the piss poor quality issues.

OP
OP

robbieb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thinking that if it was a battery or alternator issue, it wouldn’t be on the radio. There’s usually alerts in the cluster for things like that.

Anyone have the JBL soundar and also have this message?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Definitely the battery. Ive had the message a few times and no soundbar. Mine were during stereo upgrades and playing with different speakers/subs. Running the radio alot without Bronco running, so I knew why the voltage was low. Other time I got that message the Bronco was parked a few weeks without using it.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get it periodically, too. I was a 1/17 build week Dirt Mountain refugee, but was released in March, so it didn't sit too long. No issues, but I notice that the voltage meter in my display varies from 12.6 to 14+ depending on the day. I'm not sure how normal that is.

The only other thing I can think is that I'm a base and have the faulty headlight switch that causes the headlights to randomly come on. If it happens when I'm asleep, they may be on all night (or at least until they discharge the battery enough for the Bronco to kill them) and that's why I'm seeing the message.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could it possibly be tied to your connected cell phone? Maybe your battery in the phone is low and the Bronco is telling you it's in low power mode and to plug it in.

Wouldn't make sense for the vehicle to show a 110v plug on the screen for something wrong with the vehicle.

On my Jeep the phones battery status is displayed on screen.

Sponsored
OP
OP

robbieb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve narrowed down a bunch things down.

1. Low power mode seems to be on when you just use accessory mode and not start the vehicle.
2. My soundbar sounded horrible. I ended up buying 2 woofers from Dayton audio (4.5” carbon fiber woofers). When I pulled out one of the stock JBL’s, one of the woofers wasn’t even plugged in. This definitely caused it to not sound good.

The new woofers (and having all 4 plugged in) made a big difference. The don’t have a boom like a subwoofer, but definitely go lower than the stock and they sound fuller.

I’ve also checked the alternator and battery and all is well. Thanks for the suggestions!

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All, I have noticed that the bronco electronics suck an awful lot of battery when sitting around. If you don’t drive the truck some distance a few times a week it will be in that low power mode. I actually have been trickle charging my truck (with a ford performance tender that actually shows the batter state of charge) at least once a month. I can tell you when I connected it yesterday the battery state was just over 60%. Food for thought of it is sitting or only being driven short distances.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All, I have noticed that the bronco electronics suck an awful lot of battery when sitting around. If you don’t drive the truck some distance a few times a week it will be in that low power mode. I actually have been trickle charging my truck (with a ford performance tender that actually shows the batter state of charge) at least once a month. I can tell you when I connected it yesterday the battery state was just over 60%. Food for thought of it is sitting or only being driven short distances.

I know nothing about it really, But my understanding was that the Bronco has a deep sleep mode that's supposed to shut down all those standby systems well before the battery gets drained too far.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It does which prevents the lights from coming on when the door opens, the remote features from working ect. The reason that happens is the vehicles is constantly waking up and checking things which drains the battery. My point was that if you don’t drive it a bunch it’s constantly going to be in that mode.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine occasionally gets this - and has since new - and never touched one of the mountains. I also drive it almost daily...
Sponsored