indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
At introduction the Bronco was competitive with Wrangler in terms of entry level price. In fact Ford beat Jeep in terms of price/features. But fast forward to 2024, build and price is showing $7k extra to get into the most basic offered Bronco compared to Wrangler. :(

$28k is what got me into a Bronco, I was thrilled Ford had a price point for folks who don't like spending big on vehicles. But now the point of entry is $10k more. I wonder how/if Ford will dial that back, maybe they re-introduce the base model down the road?
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Worth mentioning, at intro the Base with a front and rear locker was $20k(?) less than a Wrangler with both lockers. The Wrangler made you jump to the Rubicon, while Sas was a $5800 option on the Base (depending on configuration).

montess85

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I initially wanted a base but was unable to order it at the time. Then I decided to get the big bend with a manual. Lol. Nope. Sorry no manual. So now I have a 2 door Big Bend with a rear locker and modular front bumper. I toyed with a base sasquatch or black diamond but I wasn't sure I wanted the SAS and I absolutely hate non ventilated leather/vinyl seats. So I'm kinda glad I was "forced" into this trim level.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem is the Base trim was the least popular trim.

It made sense for the Bronco launch since it's a re-introduction of a vehicle that hasn't been in production for a long time. Obviously it was a direct shot at Wrangler, helps give the Bronco public attention, etc. etc. But now that we're several years in, we're starting to see used Broncos on dealership lots. Which effectively means used Broncos are competing with the Base trim, dropping Base trim sales even further. If the Base trim sold well it would be one thing... but since it didn't, doesn't make financial sense to continue the Base Bronco other than to say they can compete with the Wrangler Sportā€”which I would assume (maybe incorrectly) is Wrangler's least popular trim as well.

It makes much more sense for Ford to really pack a ton of value in Big Bend to compete against the Sport S. And I think they succeeded in that. You can get a rear locking axle and the Sasquatch package on the Big Bend trim. It's impossible to get a rear locking axle or the Xtreme 35s Tire package on the Sport or Sport S trimsā€”you'd have to bump up to Willys to get either of those options.
Least popular? F that. BaseSquatch, V6 (V8 preferred of course) is all you really need. Unless you want to go rock crawling and need a sta-bar disconnect.

Or maybe if you need heated seats/steering wheel, leather.....you know, for the soft people šŸ˜

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
We love our Base don't need anything additional than what we have 2.3 auto with aux switches. My one complaint for this trim and anything under Badlands without SAS is the welded ring gears, WHY?

Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Least popular? F that. BaseSquatch, V6 (V8 preferred of course) is all you really need. Unless you want to go rock crawling and need a sta-bar disconnect.

Or maybe if you need heated seats/steering wheel, leather.....you know, for the soft people šŸ˜
2Dr. Badlands squatch 2.7 lux... Rock Crawl with my windows down heat on seat heater and windows down in wet winter conditions and was the mud off of seats and floor out the drain later... I say that's the only way to go...

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't seen sales figures but I believe you. It felt like everyone had to have a BL or WT. I did initially want a basemansquatch until they took it away, and I'm pretty sure I'd be very happy with it. If such a thing were still offered today it would be at least as much as I paid for my BL if not more.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands and Rubicon are 1k apart if you add a hardtop to the 2dr Heep.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just saw the model more rare around these parts than the Heritageā€¦ the elusive 4dr Hardtop Base, complete with untinted windows and tiny 30ā€ tires on Grey Steeliesā€¦ what a sightā€¦ šŸ˜

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At introduction the Bronco was competitive with Wrangler in terms of entry level price. In fact Ford beat Jeep in terms of price/features. But fast forward to 2024, build and price is showing $7k extra to get into the most basic offered Bronco compared to Wrangler. :(

$28k is what got me into a Bronco, I was thrilled Ford had a price point for folks who don't like spending big on vehicles. But now the point of entry is $10k more. I wonder how/if Ford will dial that back, maybe they re-introduce the base model down the road?
Demand is extremely high for the bronco. The Jeep dealer in my area canā€™t give a Jeep away right now. The fact that Ford recognized right away that people would pay ridiculous prices for Broncos is all the information they needed to raise the price until demand slowed to meet Supply.

Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Demand is extremely high for the bronco. The Jeep dealer in my area canā€™t give a Jeep away right now. The fact that Ford recognized right away that people would pay ridiculous prices for Broncos is all the information they needed to raise the price until demand slowed to meet Supply.
You must not be in NJ then, because dealers around here are offering the Bronco at Invoice just to move them.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just saw the model more rare around these parts than the Heritageā€¦ the elusive 4dr Hardtop Base, complete with untinted windows and tiny 30ā€ tires on Grey Steeliesā€¦ what a sightā€¦ šŸ˜
Very true and tough to distinguish in the wild, because many took their $5000 in savings and spent $350 on take-off tires/wheels, and $300 on tint.

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m soft! And my BadSquatch goes anywhere!

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It made sense for the Bronco launch since it's a re-introduction of a vehicle that hasn't been in production for a long time. Obviously it was a direct shot at Wrangler, helps give the Bronco public attention, etc. etc. But now that we're several years in, we're starting to see used Broncos on dealership lots. Which effectively means used Broncos are competing with the Base trim, dropping Base trim sales even further. If the Base trim sold well it would be one thing... but since it didn't, doesn't make financial sense to continue the Base Bronco other than to say they can compete with the Wrangler Sportā€”which I would assume (maybe incorrectly) is Wrangler's least popular trim as well.

It makes much more sense for Ford to really pack a ton of value in Big Bend to compete against the Sport S. And I think they succeeded in that. You can get a rear locking axle and the Sasquatch package on the Big Bend trim. It's impossible to get a rear locking axle or the Xtreme 35s Tire package on the Sport or Sport S trimsā€”you'd have to bump up to Willys to get either of those options.
Well said, very good points.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Maybe, but price something useful.

I compared the Everglades I ordered to comparable wranglers. To get the factory installed winch you needed a rubicon. In order to not have cloth seats, it was either Rubicon X or Rubicon 392. It ended up being around $17K less for the Bronco Everglades. Add in the X plan discount I will be getting and it is nearly $19K savings.

yes, there were still differences such as leather in the wrangler and Sasquatch on the bronco, but they were as close I could get them.

And an added Bronco bonusā€¦no ducks!
Sponsored