Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! That is what I assumed. That settles it. I will hold out for MIC, and have it painted a satin black. If black could have been a molded in color, I would have had to give it more thought. But if black is painted either way.....
You might want to search for threads discussing painting a MIC top. It isn’t going to be inexpensive and it might not work out vey well. If you have to have a black top MY23 MOD top is the option.
I’m giving in and getting the MIC top in 22, my truck won’t make it to 23.
Yep... LOTS of discussion over whether painting the MIC top is feasible. Some insisting their paint guy says no problem, others insisting their paint guy says no way...

The main concern is the texture... This is a picture of the first generation MIC top, and apparently the texture has changed to some degree and I can't find a high def enough picture to show it, but there still is texture.

Here's the original:

Ford Bronco Cost for hard top vs soft top… 1605658371622-jpe
Sponsored

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I ask why you're ordering a Wildtrak if you want a soft top?

(And please disregard the Wildtrak logo in my profile. I didn't realize what I was getting myself into, and they won't let me change it.)
You can change it in the settings.

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, sounds like if you have the MIC and wanted a 22 anyway don't switch to the soft-top because the normal MIC's will be fine.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But I’d like to know if new interior colors will be available on Badlands for ‘22. If so I don’t mind waiting until then
Highly unlikely. The seat colors may eventually change, or they may add additional options, but I expect the orange accents to be through its entire run.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You may not have asked for this answer, but here's my $0.02. Get the soft top and drive it for a year or so so that you can enjoy the Bronco. If you don't like it you can always trade it in on whatever options Ford has at the time for MY23 or later. It probably won't be too much of a financial hit, but I'm not predicting anything because nobody knows.
Why would you trade in the entire vehicle over the removable and replaceable top? The only way that makes sense is if you're actually coming out on top with the trade in, rather than losing money.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Highly unlikely. The seat colors may eventually change, or they may add additional options, but I expect the orange accents to be through its entire run.
Yup I think you’re right. It seems Ford is in love with Active Orange and it represents all of their performance trims now. It’s on the tremors too.

blue or red I’d be fine 😫 hopefully me and my interior trade partner get ours around the same time

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Officially changed my order today y’all.

did a poll on my ig for more opinions too haha. 75% picked the MIC over the soft top.
I switched to MIC and will rock it until mod tops are available.

Who knows if I’ll get scheduled before ‘21 but that doesn’t matter too much at this point haha
Sponsored