First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see mostly soft tops on the New Bronco. After reading all the issues Ford had with the hard tops, would it be wise for me to change my order from hard top to soft top? I really would prefer the hard top but I don’t want that to be the the thing that would hold up my order seeing as though timeliness is a issue with Ford at the moment.
Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched to a soft top a while back. Not because I was worried about quality. I had a production date very quickly after changing. I also want a hard top eventually for camping and longer road trips. Aftermarket hard top options are looking good.

I test drove multiple soft tops and I am getting pretty excited about owning the Bronco as a soft top. I really feel like the car was meant to be a convertible. I only have a four mile commute to work that is all surface street, so I wont be dealing with the freeway wind and traffic noise. That should considered when you make a decision. Definitely test drive before switching.

I still plan on getting a hard top. But, I will probably wait for a solid top option to have the quietist ride possible. I figure, I will have the soft top on in the good weather months. The rest of the year that I have a hard top on is when I probably wouldn't be wanting the convertible function anyways, so might as well be a solid roof.

Hope this helps.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see mostly soft tops on the New Bronco. After reading all the issues Ford had with the hard tops, would it be wise for me to change my order from hard top to soft top? I really would prefer the hard top but I don’t want that to be the the thing that would hold up my order seeing as though timeliness is a issue with Ford at the moment.
That depends who you ask and if you're willing to wait. I waited for my OBX MIC top, and I love it. Some have reported quality issues with some MIC tops, but that's not my experience. To me, an imperfect MIC is better than a Softie, but many Soft top owners love theirs. And some don't!

Ford has said you'll get the Bronco quicker with a softie, but SOME people are getting hard tops anyway. Also, I got my non-sasquatch OBX quicker, i think because Ford wants some non-sasquatch vehicles out there. But thats a guess.

My personal opinion, with an October delivery, is that people should order what they want, wait for it, and take your chances. One thing is true, i believe, there is no certainty no guarantee. Right now, semiconductor chips have shut production, not constraints. So who knows!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t switch unless you’re absolutely 100% positive you’ll be ok with the soft top. It’ll be cheaper to get a soft top later than a hard top.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im getting a bestop put on soon, I wanna enjoy the nice weather on a full scale rather than t-top style

Sponsored

Bobsled

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 and Jeep jku
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After Ford starts to crank out Broncos and dealers have plenty on their lots ,
having a soft top Bronco will be a bad thing for resale.

Look at the jeeps on the road 80-90% are hardtops .
I’m laughing at the people rushing to get a soft top and saying they will get a hard top later ( 6-8 grand ).

OP
OP
HeatherJ

HeatherJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These are all good answers! I live in Indiana up by Chicago so our winters suck! I work from home and park in the garage which is a plus. I currently drive a wrangler with a hard top and it’s the loudest car ever! You have to scream basically to talk to the person next to you. Noise and temperature are my two biggest concerns with the soft top. I only ordered the lux package with the hard top.

Ford has done a terrible job at communicating timeframes to customers. If I knew for certain a soft top would speed up my build, I would do it. It’s just unknown beside the chip shortage, what else could cause this massive delay in orders.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m laughing at the people rushing to get a soft top and saying they will get a hard top later ( 6-8 grand ).
When I look at Jeeps on the road 80-90% are topless. But I’m in Phoenix with 330 days of sun per year. If I were in Indiana like the OP, I’d wait for a hard top.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In theory the MIC hard top issues have been addressed. With that being said I do believe it is still a constraint but improving. It's tempting to make the switch to possibly get it sooner. I wasn't willing to compromise so I ended up waiting 18 months but I got what I wanted.

Bobsled

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 and Jeep jku
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I look at Jeeps on the road 80-90% are topless. But I’m in Phoenix with 330 days of sun per year. If I were in Indiana like the OP, I’d wait for a hard top.
How about during the summer ?

Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These are all good answers! I live in Indiana up by Chicago so our winters suck! I work from home and park in the garage which is a plus. I currently drive a wrangler with a hard top and it’s the loudest car ever! You have to scream basically to talk to the person next to you. Noise and temperature are my two biggest concerns with the soft top. I only ordered the lux package with the hard top.

Ford has done a terrible job at communicating timeframes to customers. If I knew for certain a soft top would speed up my build, I would do it. It’s just unknown beside the chip shortage, what else could cause this massive delay in orders.
I live in Chicago and park on the street, so far the softtop bronco has been fine for me. It's not too loud inside either, even on the skyway or going 80mph on 94. It's a little loud, but you dont have to shout at all. Its hard to explain, but imagine that your rear side window is open, but you dont have the wind noise. You hear other cars and whatnot like you have a window open in the back, but without the added windnoise. It's really not as bad as I was expecting.

OP
OP
HeatherJ

HeatherJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
THIS!! 🙌🏼 You definitely understand our weather! I think soft top could be fun! I basically have my hard top off all summer as it is, this just seems like it wouldn’t be as much of a pain as I am overthinking.

OP
OP
HeatherJ

HeatherJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty sure it’s a rule that your topless all the time in Phoenix! I know I would be!

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
THIS!! 🙌🏼 You definitely understand our weather! I think soft top could be fun! I basically have my hard top off all summer as it is, this just seems like it wouldn’t be as much of a pain as I am overthinking.
I also meant to add that I don't have any problem whatsoever with heat inside the cabin either. I had the heat set to like 68* when it was in single digits and it was more than hot enough. I thought the soft top might be too cold in the winter but it's no problem at all.

OP
OP
HeatherJ

HeatherJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

That is a concern for me as well.
Sponsored