Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also meant to add that I don't have any problem whatsoever with heat inside the cabin either. I had the heat set to like 68* when it was in single digits and it was more than hot enough. I thought the soft top might be too cold in the winter but it's no problem at all.
This ^ we had a few days below 0, just kicked the heat up to 70 and was plenty warm inside.
Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m just going to enjoy having a soft top, and forget about the logic of resale and such. Iā€™ll have it sooner and was very underwhelmed when I finally saw a MIC top in person. Itā€™s not awful, but nowhere near some of the Jeep hard tops you see. I think youā€™ll be able to buy a used MIC pretty cheap well before I sell my Bronco. If Iā€™m wrong, oh well, Iā€™m going to enjoy having an easily convertible top.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That depends who you ask and if you're willing to wait. I waited for my OBX MIC top, and I love it. Some have reported quality issues with some MIC tops, but that's not my experience. To me, an imperfect MIC is better than a Softie, but many Soft top owners love theirs. And some don't!

Ford has said you'll get the Bronco quicker with a softie, but SOME people are getting hard tops anyway. Also, I got my non-sasquatch OBX quicker, i think because Ford wants some non-sasquatch vehicles out there. But thats a guess.

My personal opinion, with an October delivery, is that people should order what they want, wait for it, and take your chances. One thing is true, i believe, there is no certainty no guarantee. Right now, semiconductor chips have shut production, not constraints. So who knows!
Fix for the hardtop clicking that some owners experience is a wrap around the panel posts of tape or heat shrink tubing does it.

See https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/fix-to-stop-mic-hard-top-popping-how-to-diy-video.36523/

Last edited by a moderator:

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see mostly soft tops on the New Bronco. After reading all the issues Ford had with the hard tops, would it be wise for me to change my order from hard top to soft top? I really would prefer the hard top but I donā€™t want that to be the the thing that would hold up my order seeing as though timeliness is a issue with Ford at the moment.
I wanted a soft top from the beginning - I like the look of the hard top better, but I live in a warm climate and love taking the top down with an easy flip and driving around with almost no roof.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After Ford starts to crank out Broncos and dealers have plenty on their lots ,
having a soft top Bronco will be a bad thing for resale.

Look at the jeeps on the road 80-90% are hardtops .
Iā€™m laughing at the people rushing to get a soft top and saying they will get a hard top later ( 6-8 grand ).
Your opinion is hilariousā€¦ā€¦. Because it is an opinion. The MIC top will hold a small edge in resale but it is more expensive. 80-90 percent of Jeeps on the road are not hard tops, once again you are just throwing out bullshit made up numbers. Nothing wrong with either top. All personal preference. I changed to the soft top and got my truck in 2021. Iā€™ve driven both and honestly aside from a perceived security benefit the hard too isnā€™t significantly quieter. So bravo to you for trying to sell you OPINION as fact.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I switched to a soft top to speed up the possibility of getting a Bronco. Still waiting. It is something I can live with but it was not my first choice. I'm just not an open air vehicle person. I've owned them but it is meh for someone in the south where heat and humidity make it a sweaty experience. Also, I still have dark hair even in my older years and the sun on it makes it feel like my brain is baking.

I'm sticking with the soft top because I think it will help a small amount on getting scheduled, and I think the black looks a bit better with EG.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the soft top and had it selected the whole time. I like the look of the hard top but I can release the two clips and have an open top while sitting at a stop light. Also can close without even getting out.

YMMV but that makes it worth it to me.

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When Iā€™m putting on my hard top, I always have the best intentions of taking it off more often. The truth is, it stays on until I put the soft top back on. Then the top gets dropped pretty often. Almost daily during much of the year here in the south.

YMMV
I can relate to this. My first two Jeeps were 2-door STs. Took them off every chance I got, despite how much of a pain it was at times. It's what I wanted the vehicle for. My current Jeep is a 4-door HT. Nice that they put the removable panels up front and I use the feature a ton, but we only ever took the rear off for the kids' enjoyment once because of how much of a PITA it was, and the potential issues we thought it might cause should we get a bit of unexpected weather.

The appeal of the Bronco HT for me is the rear panels, but I don't really want to drive around with just the cargo top on all the time once it's nice out. The ease of use of the Bronco ST is really appealing to me (once they work the kinks out), and the HT being a constraint when I ordered are the main reasons I switched. If I decide next winter that I really need a HT, I'll start shopping for one. If the price matches my level of need, I'll pull the trigger.

Bobsled

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 and Jeep jku
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your opinion is hilariousā€¦ā€¦. Because it is an opinion. The MIC top will hold a small edge in resale but it is more expensive. 80-90 percent of Jeeps on the road are not hard tops, once again you are just throwing out bullshit made up numbers. Nothing wrong with either top. All personal preference. I changed to the soft top and got my truck in 2021. Iā€™ve driven both and honestly aside from a perceived security benefit the hard too isnā€™t significantly quieter. So bravo to you for trying to sell you OPINION as fact.
wow

you are absolutely correct. The numbers I stated are purely personal observations.

Goodluck with your new Bronco , hope it gets to you sooner than later

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really enjoy my soft top, so easy to peel back...and its black, not the off grey color that doesn't match anything.
MIC top goes great with Carbonized Grayā€¦

Sponsored

CactusClub

Wildtrak
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 Porsche Taycan, GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah Iā€™ll agree with you on that, wish they didnā€™t discontinue the painted top, that gloss black was cool

OP
OP
HeatherJ

HeatherJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wanted a soft top from the beginning - I like the look of the hard top better, but I live in a warm climate and love taking the top down with an easy flip and driving around with almost no roof.
The soft tops donā€™t look that bad! I saw my first Bronco today and I thought the soft top looked good. I ended up changing my order to the soft top!

OP
OP
HeatherJ

HeatherJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I switched to a soft top to speed up the possibility of getting a Bronco. Still waiting. It is something I can live with but it was not my first choice. I'm just not an open air vehicle person. I've owned them but it is meh for someone in the south where heat and humidity make it a sweaty experience. Also, I still have dark hair even in my older years and the sun on it makes it feel like my brain is baking.

I'm sticking with the soft top because I think it will help a small amount on getting scheduled, and I think the black looks a bit better with EG.
I have a spider web shade on my wrangler right now to help with the direct sun. I absolutely love it. I reached out to them to see if a Bronco web shade is in the works, and it is!! That might be if interest to you :)

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a spider web shade on my wrangler right now to help with the direct sun. I absolutely love it. I reached out to them to see if a Bronco web shade is in the works, and it is!! That might be if interest to you :)
Thanks. Except that my wife may have just talked me into switching back to a hard top. Ugh. This process is so frustrating.
Sponsored