First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i know the thread and pitch is m12x1.5 but what kind/style of lug nuts are everyone using?

I test fit the wheels and it doesnt look like there is alot of thread there for engagment, is everyone using the extended thread variant lug nuts or just an aftermarket spline type?
Sponsored

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i know the thread and pitch is m12x1.5 but what kind/style of lug nuts are everyone using?

I test fit the wheels and it doesnt look like there is alot of thread there for engagment, is everyone using the extended thread variant lug nuts or just an aftermarket spline type?
What is recommended by wheel manufacturer?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be perfectly honest, there was no size/dimensional/style difference between my Base base (16" steel wheels) lug nuts and the ones shipped with my Method wheels.

Actually, they only sent 20 lug nuts, so each wheel has one stocker and 5 aftermarket nuts, the spare has only the stock lug nuts.

I'm starting to see a lot of issues pop up with tire wheel combos and I get the feeling folks are buying low end shit and are surprised when it doesn't perform right.

HINT, expensive does not always equal high quality, especially when it comes to what I have seen in aftermarket wheels and tires.
Although, cheap usually gets you garbage quality.

Look close, you'll see the chromie lug nuts! LOL.
Ford Bronco lug nuts for aftermarket wheels? 1670745586378

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to install Outer Banks Wheels & Tires on my base. Would you happen to know if the Steelie lug nuts work on alloy wheels? What did Method say? What about your Method wheels? Are you using the Steelie chrome ones?

Tried to find out from my Ford dealer. They didn't seem too sure either.

Thanks!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the extended thread lug nuts on my Badlands with Methods. I prefer the additional thread engagement, but there was enough with standard lug nuts.

7AB4B0F3-68F0-4D90-BDCF-F138188C2AD3.jpeg

09174CFE-AF9D-445C-8AD4-E402BC386CC9.jpeg

Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the info.

I'm a might clueless on whether steelie lug nuts are of a different metal alloy than aluminum alloy wheels get from Ford. You hear anything about metal alloy... or is it just lug-nut depth.

Note: I do tend to over think things at times.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most OEM lugs are trash. If they’re the two part / capped version throw them in the garbage and get some aftermarket lugs.

I’m still waiting for my 2Door so I have no reference.

Good luck

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info.

I'm a might clueless on whether steelie lug nuts are of a different metal alloy than aluminum alloy wheels get from Ford. You hear anything about metal alloy... or is it just lug-nut depth.

Note: I do tend to over think things at times.
If I remember correctly, the studs are shorter on the trucks delivered with steel wheels so the ET lug nuts would be a good idea.

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be perfectly honest, there was no size/dimensional/style difference between my Base base (16" steel wheels) lug nuts and the ones shipped with my Method wheels.

Actually, they only sent 20 lug nuts, so each wheel has one stocker and 5 aftermarket nuts, the spare has only the stock lug nuts.

I'm starting to see a lot of issues pop up with tire wheel combos and I get the feeling folks are buying low end shit and are surprised when it doesn't perform right.

HINT, expensive does not always equal high quality, especially when it comes to what I have seen in aftermarket wheels and tires.
Although, cheap usually gets you garbage quality.

Look close, you'll see the chromie lug nuts! LOL.
Ford Bronco lug nuts for aftermarket wheels? 09174CFE-AF9D-445C-8AD4-E402BC386CC9
Take it off and scuff them up with ultra-fine sandpaper. Paint them.

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mishimoto Aluminum Locking Lug Nuts, M12 X 1.5, Fits Ford Bronco 2021+

For peace of mind, i went with these, simply because i have used Mishi Lug nuts on numerous vehicles and never one issue.... a hundred bucks to me is a cheap insurance policy. Word to wise... dont let the tire places ram these on with an impact... the nuts themselves will take it like a champ, but they will Mar.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

For peace of mind, i went with these, simply because i have used Mishi Lug nuts on numerous vehicles and never one issue.... a hundred bucks to me is a cheap insurance policy. Word to wise... dont let the tire places ram these on with an impact... the nuts themselves will take it like a champ, but they will Mar.
Lug nuts are one application where I wouldn’t be satisfied with aluminum, but I’m glad they are working well for you.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got these from CJ Pony Parts (they specialize in Mustang). It was nice that they came in a kit of 27 (3 for the spare). They have other kits in Chrome, non-spline, etc. Reasonable price. I'm very happy with mine. Have had Gorilla before and they hold up very well. If you want/need locking lugs, a kit of 5 is very hard to find.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got these from CJ Pony Parts (they specialize in Mustang). It was nice that they came in a kit of 27 (3 for the spare). They have other kits in Chrome, non-spline, etc. Reasonable price. I'm very happy with mine. Have had Gorilla before and they hold up very well. If you want/need locking lugs, a kit of 5 is very hard to find.
I’m running the same Gorilla brand lug nuts, but in the ET.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the info. I noticed the CJPony URL you sent points to small-diameter lug nuts. Since I'm running OEM OBX wheels... I think I need the larger lugs. But -- the CJPony site seems to have a good selection of those to.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Do they make these with a closed end? Do you have any photos of yours installed?
Sponsored