Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you - You mentioned basically everything I noted in my post though, lol.

I was wondering if I need the 3/4" or 13/16" one for my Bronco... What is the OEM spec ones?
You need the 3/4 or 19mm. They are the same. The 13/16 or 21mm wouldn't fit your factory lug wrench.

Here is the Sharpie pro I used. Its been on for months no issues. It's hard to see, but it completely blacks out the outline.

20240324_185138.jpg

20240324_185225.jpg

20240324_185555.jpg
Sponsored

Glenjafett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the Mcgards had the same mating surface area as OEM, or are they the narrower variety?
The factory ones have a fatter non-functioning lip. The holes in the wheel arent completely painted into the lug wells. A noncrazy person would never care or notice. I accept everyone here reading this is anal and crazy.

ne13thdream

Black Diamond
First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 23 VB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do the the Wildtrak wheels have the conical/cone seat? I want to switch the lug nuts to black and I’m trying to avoid the $160 that Ford sells on their accessory website. I’m also adamant about having the correct diameter so as not to show the bare silver ring void that the stock lug nuts cover. Many of the aftermarket lugs are narrower than the oem’s.
I’m having trouble finding lug nuts that confirm the same diameter that won’t leave the silver ring.
Can anyone confirm an identical size black lug nut product? Not one that is close and kind of looks good.
What say you?
If you don't mind can you update and confirm on your post when you get a set that works? I'm looking at the same thing!

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have the McGard's on my Braptor and I needed the bulge conical seat The others did not seat properly as they were way too small in diameter. Keep in mind though you would need the M12 equivalent of these. The length was recommended by Summit Racing as they saw others have issues with the lugnuts bottoming out on the stud before they seated properly. Also the added benefit is not having the shitty 2 piece lugnuts that eventually swell and allow dirt and brake dust underneath - which will cause your lug wrench not to fit - happened on my Fusion - twice.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/MCG-64034
Ford Bronco Black Lug Nuts for Wildtrak? PXL_20230725_234847203

This was the original one I bought - clearly wasn't feeling good about that holding wheels in place.

Ford Bronco Black Lug Nuts for Wildtrak? PXL_20230704_155843032

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The factory ones have a fatter non-functioning lip. The holes in the wheel arent completely painted into the lug wells. A noncrazy person would never care or notice. I accept everyone here reading this is anal and crazy.
Thanks. The appearance doesn't matter much to me. But I'm running Ford wheels, and would rather the new lug mating surface to be same surface area as the stock lug nuts. I thought I had read somewhere, that some aftermarket lug nuts are smaller in diameter and have less mating surface area than stock.
Sponsored