Sponsored

Anyone has black lug nuts on black steelies?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pics or it didn’t happen.

I’m just hoping the heritage dog dish fit the Black Diamond steelies…then it won’t matter.
I'll try and take some photos tomorrow comparing the OEM and Amazon Lichamp lugs side-by-side in natural light.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tempting!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone has black lug nuts on black steelies? DSCF2846.JPG

Ford Bronco Anyone has black lug nuts on black steelies? DSCF2847.JPG

Ford Bronco Anyone has black lug nuts on black steelies? DSCF2848.JPG

Ford Bronco Anyone has black lug nuts on black steelies? DSCF2851.JPG

Tried taking the photos early morning. Last photo was with flash as I tried to capture the very subtle different gloss black between the two. Can't tell from 5' away, but when you get up close in the right light, you can tell that it is 99.9% of a match, but just a slight difference. Way better than the 0% match of the OEM lugs.

Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tried taking the photos early morning. Last photo was with flash as I tried to capture the very subtle different gloss black between the two. Can't tell from 5' away, but when you get up close in the right light, you can tell that it is 99.9% of a match, but just a slight difference. Way better than the 0% match of the OEM lugs.
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I’m wondering if you are still happy with the Lichamp black lugs nuts on the BD steelies? The one review I read on these stated that rust showed up pretty quick. There just doesn’t seem to be many options for black lugs that hold the black steelie center cap on.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I’m wondering if you are still happy with the Lichamp black lugs nuts on the BD steelies? The one review I read on these stated that rust showed up pretty quick. There just doesn’t seem to be many options for black lugs that hold the black steelie center cap on.
No rust on mine. I will say that the gloss black on the lug isn't an exact match to the gloss black steelie. Not that noticeable from a distance, but when you get up close, you can see. I'm thinking that over time the painted lugs will fade needing a replacement.

I wonder if the rust on the lugs that others have reported is due to the impact wrench stripping the paint? I only had them installed by the Ford dealer using the impact wrench the first time. I rotate the tires myself now using just the lug wrench by hand. The dealer charged me $24 just to handle the aftermarket lugs even though the tire rotation was included in the "Works" package. I presumed since they had to handle lugs in the included tire rotation that it would be no big deal to swap at the time. Because of their nickle-dime treatment, they lost future business as I just do my own oil changes and tire rotations.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's odd. There is only slight movement on 2 of the caps. And of the 2 that have slight movement, there is one that is more noticeable than the other. Even still, it is just the very slightest of movement. The caps aren't going to become ninja flying stars. On two of the other caps, there is zero movement.

The end of the day, it doesn't bother me to try and figure it out. I just care that the wheel isn't going to come off and the cap stays in place while matching the wheel color 99.9% of the way.
My tire guy showed me that there are tiny marks on the wheel and the center cap that must line up to avoid the slight movement. It worked on mine.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My tire guy showed me that there are tiny marks on the wheel and the center cap that must line up to avoid the slight movement. It worked on mine.
Thanks for letting me know. The next time I rotate the tires, I'll pay attention to the caps that don't rattle vs. the ones that do. Mind you, it isn't a noticeable rattle where you can hear it while driving. Just that when you touch the center cap, there is a slight movement on the ones that rattle.
Sponsored