SCBucky

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi, this is my first post on the forum. Just to confirm: when the Mabett flaps are installed, there’s no way to turn/buckle the fifth fender flare clip closest to the mud flap, right? (Or did I miss a step in the process?)
Sponsored

MBLANCHARD

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, this is my first post on the forum. Just to confirm: when the Mabett flaps are installed, there’s no way to turn/buckle the fifth fender flare clip closest to the mud flap, right? (Or did I miss a step in the process?)
I was able to get mine secured by pushing on the fender while I used a long handled screw drive to reach and turn that last clip

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps IMG_2414
Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps IMG_2418

I was able to get mine secured by pushing on the fender while I used a long handled screw drive to reach and turn that last clip
I was able to get mine on my 23 Wildtrak easy enough

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The kits now include a stick on style buffer material to put between the flare and the front of the running board and on front face of the rear bumper also included was new better front inside hole liner push pins.

MBLANCHARD

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m having the same issue with the 3rd screw. I have the crash bars and the running boards which makes it hard to line them up. Even once I get them lined up I can’t get the screw rivets to hold well enough to leave them. I found some slightly longer metal screws that are holding the rivet on for now, but I don’t think it will hold. Did anyone come up with a better solution?
I’m having the same issue with the 3rd screw. I have the crash bars and the running boards which makes it hard to line them up. Even once I get them lined up I can’t get the screw rivets to hold well enough to leave them. I found some slightly longer metal screws that are holding the rivet on for now, but I don’t think it will hold. Did anyone come up with a better solution?

I tried a larger push pin from the auto store. It still seemed flimsy, but held for several months. I just checked and it had popped out on one side.
I just tried this plastic anchor screw which was the same size as the 3rd screw hole. It seems to be holding very tight.

IMG_6699.jpg

IMG_6697.jpg

Sponsored

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I finally got some time this morning to install the Mabett Mud Flaps on my 2023 OBX Sas. I came across the dreaded problem of that third screw not staying in. Also, and maybe more importantly, is the bracket for the front left mud flap was bent compared to the bracket for the other side. Bent enough to where you had to put considerable force on the mud flap to even let it have a chance of lining up with that third screw hole. I believe this set of flaps from Amazon was used/returned, there were even scratches on the brackets.

Anyways, I went up to AutoZone to buy some of those Nylon rivets: Part #479710 (that a poster graciously mentioned in this thread) to have on hand when I get the replacement Mabett Mud Flaps and I will give all of this one more go.

Overall not too happy with how it's gone so far, but I'm hoping the next set is flawless and the third screw issue is fixed with these AutoZone rivets.

I watched the YouTube instructional video for the front mud flaps. Is there a good video for the rears?

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SO after much frustration on what flaps to buy, I added the Ford to the rear for simplicity and decided on the Mabett for the front. I HAD NOT SEEN THIS THREAD. So I tried to install and also found the angle at which the bracket holds the flap does indeed cause the flap to sit crooked. The last clip is not long or robust enough to stay in place. I also felt the install should have had a slip nut and bolt for the last hole. They dont, and after reading all the comments, I decided to keep looking for flaps. I wasn't really thrilled about them during the install and simply won't put them on my Bronco.

IMG_7592.jpeg

IMG_7593.jpeg

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SO after much frustration on what flaps to buy, I added the Ford to the rear for simplicity and decided on the Mabett for the front. I HAD NOT SEEN THIS THREAD. So I tried to install and also found the angle at which the bracket holds the flap does indeed cause the flap to sit crooked. The last clip is not long or robust enough to stay in place. I also felt the install should have had a slip nut and bolt for the last hole. They dont, and after reading all the comments, I decided to keep looking for flaps. I wasn't really thrilled about them during the install and simply won't put them on my Bronco.

Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps IMG_7593

Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps IMG_7593
Yupppp.

How do other mud flaps attach? Do the other ones use that third screw hole too?

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yupppp.

How do other mud flaps attach? Do the other ones use that third screw hole too?
By other ones you mean the ford fronts? They require two holes drilled in the flare which I was not doing

Sponsored

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking for recommendations on fronts. Rears I did ford. They are ok. Nothing to get excited about.

IMG_7535.jpeg

IMG_7535.jpeg

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just wondering how other mud flaps attach to the fronts. Do they utilize that the third screw hole that everyone has problems with, etc.

Waterlogged

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100Rt
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bent back the bracket (inner mounts on fender) enough to line up the third hole. It only takes a little force and looks perfect when done. No damage or regrets in using a little force.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I watched the YouTube instructional video for the front mud flaps. Is there a good video for the rears?
If it helps, this is my install video for both the front and the back.

I have chapters in the video description so you can easily skip to the rear installation at 6:26 and 10:26:

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it helps, this is my install video for both the front and the back.

I have chapters in the video description so you can easily skip to the rear installation at 6:26 and 10:26:

Thanks. I actually watched that video and liked it today! Very helpful.
Sponsored