taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont have rock rails or side steps. Ford oem are $65 vs $96 for Mabett on Amazon exclusive. What is wrong with oem or why are mabett better?
Those look to be a new option. Previously ford only had the 400-500 dollar option. But those won’t fit Sasquatch or rock rails so that limits a lot of folks.
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I watched the video several times and read the instructions. I could not get these things to sit flat. If the rock rails were straight, then they would fit perfectly. I am not sure if there are different rock rails out there and nobody noticed yet, but I couldn’t figure it out.
I have the same issue, i completely understand what you mean. It's like the flaps angle backward like ears. I'll keep reading, i thought it was just me. I kinda gave up, but this thread gives me hope

And i don't see a fix.... ugh. If anyone figures it out lmk.

To make them flush with inside fender the mount bends the fender lip, and that screw just pops out lol. I'm just happy it's not just me, i was feeling really dumb, or like i had a one off bronco LOL

I like bracket idea. I did not realize it was the rock rail pushing on the mudflaps. I'm going to revisit this, I'll just cut the flaps if that is the problem

I have a set of the 50$ fords I'll probably just cut up, (if i get bored enough) this winter

Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dont have rock rails or side steps. Ford oem are $65 vs $96 for Mabett on Amazon exclusive. What is wrong with oem or why are mabett better?
Oem wont fit rock rails or sasquatch

GatorBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Gator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is peoples best advice as a solid solution to reusing the Ford OEM clips on the 3rd hole by the crash bar on the front mud flaps. I could get bigger plastic clips from an auto store but I still feel like this is a cheap option. Is there any way to get a threaded hole in there so you could actually screw something metal in there?

msg

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got the Mabett flaps on the prime day sale and I tried installing them today...
I have a WT with factory tube steps. The flap pushes against the step, and if I fully screw the 2 "good" screws on the bracket, the flap twists and the plastic screw comes out (screw and clip).

On Amazon it says they are compatible with the tube steps, so I wonder if I am doing something wrong. The flap has a cut out that "appears" to fit the tube step, but it must be for something else since it doesn't get anywhere the step...

Showing a few photos that hopefully help explaining what I mean...

Here is the flap with the screws very loose, but you can see how it is already pushing against the step:

Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps fla

And that may not be a big deal, but I felt the backet was pushing the fender out:

Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps bracket

Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn’t notice the bracket affecting the fender flare. I’ll have to look at mine when I get home. Once I I started threading the mabett screws, I pushed hard on the plastic pop rivet to get it in place and hold. The insert goes on the outside of the flap and then through the hole on the body. Then I tightened the Mabett screws and it was straight. I’m pretty sure mine touches the ford tube step but it was acceptable to me. I think the cut-out you are talking about is to accommodate the crash bars, which we don’t have on the Wildtrak.
Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps 11241982-B2ED-4608-9E96-FB21E6C1A9F4
Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps FC3AA997-9FDB-42E0-BEEE-7C0ED0866B64

Last edited:

sda3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m having the same issue with the 3rd screw. I have the crash bars and the running boards which makes it hard to line them up. Even once I get them lined up I can’t get the screw rivets to hold well enough to leave them. I found some slightly longer metal screws that are holding the rivet on for now, but I don’t think it will hold. Did anyone come up with a better solution?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine popped out awhile ago, never replaced them and don’t have any issues.

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a set to put on today to replace the weather tech ones I have which are horrible. Any of the plastic fasteners that ford put on there are horrible. If you know the process to get them installed they will hold roughly. You have to remove the threaded center part completely. The you have to push the female end into the hole and press very hard as you start to thread the stud into the other side. Its a pain in the ass but it can hold well. The other issue if you do not press hard enough , the screw will expand the plastic on the wrong side of the metal and it will just fall out over time.

SOLUTION.

Go to your local automotive store , buy the same kind of metal slip on clips and the appropriate bolt like they give you for the kit and use that in place of the other. Then it will never go anywhere. Also , I noticed in my kit , something different than what I see people getting in kits on you tube videos. So the older kits I'm seeing came with blackened hardware ( screws and nuts ) which shows less but it also is more prone to oxidation (rusting). When I got my kit today , it was actually all stainless steel bolts and nuts. I was pleasantly surprised. I go to the outer banks frequently in the summer , so I'm thankful of anything stainless or aluminum.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a set to put on today to replace the weather tech ones I have which are horrible. Any of the plastic fasteners that ford put on there are horrible. If you know the process to get them installed they will hold roughly. You have to remove the threaded center part completely. The you have to push the female end into the hole and press very hard as you start to thread the stud into the other side. Its a pain in the ass but it can hold well. The other issue if you do not press hard enough , the screw will expand the plastic on the wrong side of the metal and it will just fall out over time.

SOLUTION.

Go to your local automotive store , buy the same kind of metal slip on clips and the appropriate bolt like they give you for the kit and use that in place of the other. Then it will never go anywhere. Also , I noticed in my kit , something different than what I see people getting in kits on you tube videos. So the older kits I'm seeing came with blackened hardware ( screws and nuts ) which shows less but it also is more prone to oxidation (rusting). When I got my kit today , it was actually all stainless steel bolts and nuts. I was pleasantly surprised. I go to the outer banks frequently in the summer , so I'm thankful of anything stainless or aluminum.
I didn't try super hard but I wasn't able to use one of those clips in that location..

Sponsored

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't try super hard but I wasn't able to use one of those clips in that location..

Ok so heres the definitive solution , I put my front ones on today. I have a host of assorted plastic automotive push pins for different things. This push pin will work better than any of the ones installed by default. Its a very snug fit and holds very well. The problem with the spot is there is no way to get behind it but this works exceptionable.

Amazon.com: 25 Splash Shield/Fascia Clips Compatible with Ford N802781-S and GM 14093088 : Automotive

MrJimbo

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just finished installing the front ones on my WT with the Tube Steps. After attaching the Mabett bracket to the fender you may need to 'flex' it a bit to get it to line up with the rest of the wheel well. I think the tab it's mounted to is bent a little outwards. If you push on the outer side of the bracket (after it is mounted) towards the tire then when you attach the mud flap the third hole will line up perfectly and the original plastic push pin will fit and hold.
Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps 20221119_154845

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just finished installing the front ones on my WT with the Tube Steps. After attaching the Mabett bracket to the fender you may need to 'flex' it a bit to get it to line up with the rest of the wheel well. I think the tab it's mounted to is bent a little outwards. If you push on the outer side of the bracket (after it is mounted) towards the tire then when you attach the mud flap the third hole will line up perfectly and the original plastic push pin will fit and hold.
Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps 20221119_154845
Basically what I did. But about 2-3 weeks ago the plastic pin popped out. So it only lasted about 8 weeks.

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok so heres the definitive solution , I put my front ones on today. I have a host of assorted plastic automotive push pins for different things. This push pin will work better than any of the ones installed by default. Its a very snug fit and holds very well. The problem with the spot is there is no way to get behind it but this works exceptionable.

Amazon.com: 25 Splash Shield/Fascia Clips Compatible with Ford N802781-S and GM 14093088 : Automotive
Thanks for posting this link. I've ordered and will try again.... no way re-using the factory push pins was going to work for me.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Mabett mud flaps are inexpensive and look great. (Not too overwhelming looking but block nearly all rock throwback.) I installed only the fronts and it looks great on my Badlands Sas.

Highly recommend replacing the 4 screw/bolts and washer provided by mabett with stainless screw/bolts and washers. Its an M6x100 allen head. Cost me about $8 bucks but no more rusty drip marks coming off the Mabett screw/bolts.
Sponsored