Sponsored

Mabett Raptor Style Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement Kit for Ford Bronco Available Now!

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you refer to be careful with bolts falling inside the tailgate, are you talking about the bolts on the hinges from the inside?
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you refer to be careful with bolts falling inside the tailgate, are you talking about the bolts on the hinges from the inside?
There is a plate that is inside the tailgate where your bolts screw in. That plate can literally just fall off from the tailgate and fall to the bottom of it. There is no cover or anything else to reach the plate. I had to use two coat hangers to fish it up and get it into position.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hinge bolts on the tailgate. Apparently they are floating and if you apply too much pressure they can pop out of their enclosures and then it is a bitch to put them back.

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it, thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got it mostly installed today, just down to the last couple bolts on the tire carrier. Alignment seems off and I don’t want to force it, so I’ll see if there’s any adjustment that can be done to line those final holes up a bit better. Otherwise so far pleased with the build quality.

IMG_7728.jpeg
Could I share your pic, sir

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In the video looks like you peeled some paint off by the upper hinge,hopefully not an issue when installing!:oops:
We did not encounter any issues of paint peeling during the installation process.

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those installing a tailgate reinforcement may want to read this thread first

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/read-this-before-installing-a-tailgate-reinforcement.68158/

Removing the hinges completely and storing the tailgate in the back certainly presents a risk. It is probably a good ideas to screw in the bolts immediately after removing the hinges before handling the tailgate.

@Mabett any guidance on this?
We have installed it several times without encountering this issue. For the majority of people, it is not a problem.

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have installed it several times without encountering this issue. For the majority of people, it is not a problem.
There is always the first time for everything, especially for those of us less skilled.

I am surprised that none of the sellers of solutions that involve full hinge replacement do not include threaded studs and matching nuts in their kits. Would be such an easy fix for this issue - remove a bolt then stick a stud in the hole on the gate. Remove the gate and the hinges, put new ones in, roughly align with the studs and affix with nuts. Then take the studs out one at a time and immediately replace with the bolts. Since this is just a placeholder the hardware can be dirt cheap, just a few bucks. If I were to do something like this I would procure my owne studs and nuts.

Sponsored

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine arrived today. It looks fantastic and beefy in person. Well done.

Now... when am I going to install it ... is the question.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mabett

Can I buy the hinges separately? If so I am curious what that would cost.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just saw this thread & the promotion is over. BUMMER....Maybe next year.
There is still a $50 coupon to clip, but that price is now very close to the IAG one (which sale is still ongoing) and I think that the IAG is a more robust product. Last but not least, Mabbett is a reseller, and the exact same thing usually becomes available from other sellers on Amazon - Bestaoo, Bestwoo, Klutchtech, Repro, Maxzina, wanmxaul, Shinehome, Partzer, Cartao, Begrow, etc, etc. Mabett deserves all the credit (and excess profits) for taking the risk and being first out of the gate, but the moment one of his offerings starts to sell well it is undercut, often by a substantial margin, by other Far East suppliers. Bottom line is, if this product becomes popular, you will likely have the opportunity to buy it for less than $400 pretty much every day.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What size is the bolts? Can't believe that Mabett is releasing this without blacked out hardware, seems kinda sloppy.
I believe black hardware that is affordable is pretty difficult to achieve (that won't corrode)...loads of folks get the cheap(er)black oxide hardware from places like DIY, but that quickly rusts. I think anodized is open solution or painting.
Sponsored