Sponsored

Ford Performance Tailgate Reinforcement?

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The YouTube video I posted up there had a 35 inch tire with aftermarket wheel.

I also saw one on Instagram. It was also an aftermarket wheel with large tire.

Why does it not work with Sasquatch?
The problem reported was that the holes were misaligned, and I checked the video they offer me.
Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The problem reported was that the holes were misaligned, and I checked the video they offer me.
So the Sasquatch tire carrier has different holes than the standard tire carrier... I wonder if the original Raptor is like the Sasquatch or another one entirely?

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the Sasquatch tire carrier has different holes than the standard tire carrier... I wonder if the original Raptor is like the Sasquatch or another one entirely?
Sorry, I don't know either. We haven't done a test yet.

OP
OP
Haelous

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FYI I received a reply from Ford Performance that they are making an official kit for the Raptor-style swing gate reinforcement but there is no ETA. I am going to be patient and wait for that.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FYI I received a reply from Ford Performance that they are making an official kit for the Raptor-style swing gate reinforcement but there is no ETA. I am going to be patient and wait for that.
Same here.

Reactions: cbs

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry, I don't know either. We haven't done a test yet.
Is Buckleup off-road selling yours but rebranded? It looks identical and works on non squatch and sasquatch.

BF011C87-6D0B-415C-8405-B86DF03AFB8F.png

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh wow... Just noticed that it states "non-Sasquatch"... I wonder why?

I'm pretty sure I've seen this installed already on Broncos with Sasquatch and even aftermarket wheels... 🤔
Several guys with SAS packages have reported to me that it didn't fit SAS.
FYI, the spare wheel carrier is shorter on the Bronco SAS models due to the SAS wheel backspacing. So OEM SAS wheels probably can't be used unless you add additional spacer to the carrier mount. But +0 offset aftermarket wheels might be OK.
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Tailgate Reinforcement? 1704231253283

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is Buckleup off-road selling yours but rebranded? It looks identical and works on non squatch and sasquatch.

I don't know this brand.

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI, the spare wheel carrier is shorter on the Bronco SAS models due to the SAS wheel backspacing. So OEM SAS wheels probably can't be used unless you add additional spacer to the carrier mount. But +0 offset aftermarket wheels might be OK.
Thanks for the information.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mabett is just a white label reseller not a designer, so it is very likely that BuckleUp is selling the exact same thing. And it is likely that in a few months there will be a few other sellers on Amazon selling the exact same thing and undercutting Mabett on price. Anything that he sells that has been on the market for a few months is usually available from a few other sellers at lower prices. This is not meant to be a ding on Mabett, he is usually first out of the gate with these products, offers decent intro discounts, and supports his customers. That is worth a bit of a premium. And at the moment Mabett sells at $150 discount relative to BuckleUp (for as long as the $100 coupon remains in place).

Where did you see that the BuckleUp one comes in SAS and regular versions? I see nothing on the product page.

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mabett is just a white label reseller not a designer, so it is very likely that BuckleUp is selling the exact same thing. And it is likely that in a few months there will be a few other sellers on Amazon selling the exact same thing and undercutting Mabett on price. Anything that he sells that has been on the market for a few months is usually available from a few other sellers at lower prices. This is not meant to be a ding on Mabett, he is usually first out of the gate with these products, offers decent intro discounts, and supports his customers. That is worth a bit of a premium. And at the moment Mabett sells at $150 discount relative to BuckleUp (for as long as the $100 coupon remains in place).

Where did you see that the BuckleUp one comes in SAS and regular versions? I see nothing on the product page.
I’m a fan of mabet for a lot of their stuff and I agree.
Buckle up only makes one version and it works on both styles.
That was one of the main reasons for my question. I’m sure both carriers come from the same factory so are we sure the Mabett version doesn’t work or was it just user error?

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can purchase the "Factory Ford OEM Spare Wheel Retaining Reinforcement Bronco Raptor N2DZ-1A430-B" new on ebay for about ~$250.00, if you contact the seller direct. Two new OEM Raptor hinges are gonna run ~ $390.00. So for the entire kit your looking at around $650.00. I bet Ford Performance will probably be around that price. I can tell you the OEM bracket is a better installation and design versus the OEM style discussed in this thread. The metal bracket and the plastic cover are separate.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are better options out there anyways, and I am not talking white labeled Chinese products.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone heard any update on this?

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up piecing it together on my own, it was the two hinges, the steel/plastic reinforcement plate, four bolts, and two plastic plugs. As a previous commenter mentioned, ran about $600 total. Only quirk was having to trim a bit of plastic off the spare tire mount as the Raptor plate is notched differently. Most difficult part was getting the tailgate to align correctly all by myself but was eventually able to sort it.

Oh, and you need a new Bronco badge because you have to pull the stock one off.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Tailgate Reinforcement? IMG_0533
Sponsored