First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its not a museum piece or heirloom. Its a car. It will get sold/totaled long before it rusts out.
Do you run with back seats in yours? I went with the Goose Gear setup, eliminated my rear seats, and carry my Max Trax inside up against the front seat backs.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you run with back seats in yours? I went with the Goose Gear setup, eliminated my rear seats, and carry my Max Trax inside up against the front seat backs.
I still do have the seats
I plan on pulling them

my racks will fit tength or width, but length they will cut me in half in a rear end…. So I’ll go width

still playing with what I want to do
Ford Bronco Which Tailgate Reinforcement? D8B1884B-CCDD-4EC2-9C10-F4AE73E5397A

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still do have the seats
I plan on pulling them

my racks will fit tength or width, but length they will cut me in half in a rear end…. So I’ll go width

still playing with what I want to do
Ford Bronco Which Tailgate Reinforcement? D8B1884B-CCDD-4EC2-9C10-F4AE73E5397A
As a fellow two-door guy (and loving the 2 door) I can share that the goose gear was a game changer...I have dogs and no kids, and with the goose gear I could stow my safe jack and all the accessories as well as whatever tools I need. My smittybilt fits right behind the driver seat attached to the goose gear vertical panel, and then my safe jack base fits on the passenger side...and my spare Ford 3.0 tie rods fit under the passenger seat. I used a couple of straps from the goose gear surface to the upper part of the molle panel to hold up My max trax. Even with all that stuff in there, I still have all the cargo space in the rear. The goose gear setup is pricey, and they had some initial growing pains (I got one of the first builds and it needed some tweaking), but it is all sorted out now. Before Goose Gear was available I made my own panel out of Birch, and it worked, it just wasn't as refined as the Goose Gear setup.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a fellow two-door guy (and loving the 2 door) I can share that the goose gear was a game changer...I have dogs and no kids, and with the goose gear I could stow my safe jack and all the accessories as well as whatever tools I need. My smittybilt fits right behind the driver seat attached to the goose gear vertical panel, and then my safe jack base fits on the passenger side...and my spare Ford 3.0 tie rods fit under the passenger seat. I used a couple of straps from the goose gear surface to the upper part of the molle panel to hold up My max trax. Even with all that stuff in there, I still have all the cargo space in the rear. The goose gear setup is pricey, and they had some initial growing pains (I got one of the first builds and it needed some tweaking), but it is all sorted out now. Before Goose Gear was available I made my own panel out of Birch, and it worked, it just wasn't as refined as the Goose Gear setup.
I’m actually considering some boat deck plastic
Routing and shaping myself

but idk. I may just Goosegear

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If I had the tools I'd go with something like a rigid composite. One company was going to make one out of aluminum but not sure what happened with that. The GG is $$$$ for what it is, but pretty well sorted out.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You could make a well fitted unit out of wood then trace it to plastic using a router. Starboard might be ideal because of weight, but it will cost $350 for the materials alone.

I have a wood piece I made to fit from where the washout floor stops forward. I have my ARB fridge mounted (most important accessory) but haven’t mounted anything else yet.

Staying on topic for this thread: I’m interested in a tailgate support, I don’t think the weight of my 84 pound 285/75R17 on Method 705 requires it but it’s a good idea. I might prefer to go bumper mounted spindle tire mount for longevity, but I don’t want to have to unsecure a separate latch to open the tailgate every time.