Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the prototype for the second gen plate and it does not have any form of limiter built into the plate, and I don't think that they're going to build a limiter into the hinge either...probably because if they did put a limiter in the hinge and somebody swung the gate too hard it would bend either the pillar or the tailgate (especially with a heavier tire or accessories on the gate). With the limiting factor being the strut, if the gate is opened past that point at least the pillar will remain intact and the most damage would probably be snapping the strut ball off...like fusible link.
Excellent work do you have the part # for the Raptor hinge and maybe photos of the HB bracket and Raptor Hinges. Thanks

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are everyone's thoughts on any of these hinge reinforcements holding up the American Adventure LAB spare tire platform and a loaded up ROAM box?

https://americanadventurelab.com/product/mass-spare-tire-platform-stp/

I would think even with the best hinge reinforcement setup, adding this mount and a loaded up ROAM box could at least double the weight of the stock 35" wheel and tire, especially stressing it on trails.

Ford Bronco Which Tailgate Reinforcement? 1673010791291

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll likely go RC because I don't plan on going nuts with the weight back there... I would like to mount a Jerry can to the reinforcement plate and recovery boards to the spare tire.
I have been thinking the slots on the RC bracket would be a great place to mount a jerry can. Or in my case, a five pound propane tank for camp grills/stoves. From road-salty-Michigan here, so it’s nice to have a mounting option that doesn’t disturb the factory powder coat.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been thinking the slots on the RC bracket would be a great place to mount a jerry can. Or in my case, a five pound propane tank for camp grills/stoves. From road-salty-Michigan here, so it’s nice to have a mounting option that doesn’t disturb the factory powder coat.
For what it's worth I had the RC bracket, and there are so many slots that there is nowhere to get any solid mounting points to mount anything...so I gave that one away. I now have the hammer built plate, and not only does it have much more mounting surface but it also has pre-installed threaded holes to which you could mount whatever you want. They also have a 90° bracket that mounts to those pre-threaded holes, and you can mount additional accessories to that. If you plan to go really heavy, I would go with the Raptor hinges and the new hammer built bracket that mounts to those hinges...because no matter how strong your plate is, if you don't have stronger hinges, it's kind of a moot point.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For what it's worth I had the RC bracket, and there are so many slots that there is nowhere to get any solid mounting points to mount anything...so I gave that one away. I now have the hammer built plate, and not only does it have much more mounting surface but it also has pre-installed threaded holes to which you could mount whatever you want. They also have a 90° bracket that mounts to those pre-threaded holes, and you can mount additional accessories to that. If you plan to go really heavy, I would go with the Raptor hinges and the new hammer built bracket that mounts to those hinges...because no matter how strong your plate is, if you don't have stronger hinges, it's kind of a moot point.
I have the base steelies with 255/85 Falken M/T tires. Total of about 80 lbs. Thanks for the heads up on the RC issues.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also note that if your intention is to mount a jerry can, you only have about 8 in. to work with between the tread of the tire and the edge of the hinge...and you also have to plan for the swing of the gate so that you're Jerry can carrier doesn't smash the taillight. Hammer built now has a replacement strut that limits your swing to 90°. I went down the rabbit hole of buying multiple tailgate plates all because I wanted to mount a Jerry can carrier. More specifically, I wanted to mount an MFC carrier...and few companies out there make a carrier specifically for the MFC.
20221207_163321.jpg
20221130_125424.jpg

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Measurement request please.

Looking for the distance between the mounting holes on the HB rotopax mount. (Red line) TIA.

Ford Bronco Which Tailgate Reinforcement? ADD237D8-CF8E-4970-A608-465A000ACA67

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
12 3/8 center to center
Note that the new setup intended for either the OEM or Raptor hinges will have mounting provisions for a Jerry/MFC carrier as well...using the side that is parallel to the tire tread.