Sponsored

Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best?

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with Hammerbuilt with Raptor hinges.
Ford Bronco Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best? 20230512_163950
Ford Bronco Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best? 20230624_095425

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure if I’ll put 37’s on or not but still thinking about adding a tailgate reinforcement anyone just to help out with any long term effects. After a bit of research would most likely go with Hammerbuilt. Possibly of upgraded hinges also.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hammerbuilt with the attachments for antenna & chase light, and Rotopax gas can. Has a 37” Toyo RT on it, 1500 miles in Baja, no flex, no issues.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with IAG. I like their design. Instead of the tailgate taking the load of the tire, IAG replaces hinges to heavy duty allowing the brace to take the load of the tire and tailgate. Price was good too

IMG_4056.png

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting thread. I have been looking around, and as of now I have the delete out back. I have been thinking of putting my 37 on the back, I was looking at the RTR system because they replace the hinges. They also have a steel carrier. They are also pricey lol. But again, from what I have seen, its not a bad system.

The Raptor system is also an option, though I would like to keep a Jerry can out back like I have now. I know the Hammerbuilt has that option as well. I'll keep researching for when I am ready to pull the trigger on it.

UPDATE: Ok Turn Off-Road just made the list. Interesting design they have. Will look more into it.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting thread. I have been looking around, and as of now I have the delete out back. I have been thinking of putting my 37 on the back, I was looking at the RTR system because they replace the hinges. They also have a steel carrier. They are also pricey lol. But again, from what I have seen, its not a bad system.

The Raptor system is also an option, though I would like to keep a Jerry can out back like I have now. I know the Hammerbuilt has that option as well. I'll keep researching for when I am ready to pull the trigger on it.

UPDATE: Ok Turn Off-Road just made the list. Interesting design they have. Will look more into it.
If there’s any questions I can answer let me know!

Sponsored

Ggerobb

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 2022 bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with the hookeroad for mine. Went on smooth and has made closing my tailgate so much nicer. I dont plan to get bigger tires just wanted to warn off long term effects.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Personal opinion here, but I won't be timorous because having any counter opinion must be silenced on these digital pages. It would be very difficult to put the IAG as a top performer due to the quizzical choice of using cast aluminum.

No doubt it will work when new, but cast aluminum is far too ductile, and is an extreme risk of stripped threads just by the materials used. You won't be chasing threads in cast aluminum.

That @Turn Offroad solution is looking excellent and just shot to the top of my list! Will need to see how they incorporate a 5 gallon Wavian jerry can mount to know if it's for me.

Based on Turn's design I'm assuming that something like the @Mountains2Metal Range limiter will be required if you had a Jerry on there. Not a problem personally as I already have their product!

They haven't shown a diagram or close up of the brass pivot bushing, and it will wear very well for a very long time, but eventually it will need replacement. Probably somewhere around the 30-year mark though. Having rebuilt suspension on classic cars a few times, chowdered brass bushings are a thing, but they are the superior material to use, much kinder than steel on bushings.

Last edited: