Sponsored

[Tailgate Reinforcement] Options Below. Wondering If anyone has installed TRAIL FX or ALLIED Expedition

panamint1234

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 3.5" Lift with 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Wanting to protect my tailgate before I go through some "HEAVY DUTY" off-roading/rock crawling. Would love to know if anyone has any experience with the brands below. (I'd also like to mount stuff like the MASS Spire Tire Carrier eventually). I do not want to get a swing-out bumper per se, but would rather go that direction than spend $1400 on an RTR.

Trail FX Tailgate Reinforcement

Allied Expedition

Wondering if anyone has installed this and if it is as good as the RTR or Hammerbuilt

About to just pull the trigger on the Rough Country One (cheap, no accessory mounts) to hold me over until the IAG one comes out (called them and they said they have them in their facility but are working on packaging them and pricing them).

Thanks
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hammer built with Bronco Raptor hinges. very heavy duty.

Ford Bronco [Tailgate Reinforcement] Options Below. Wondering If anyone has installed TRAIL FX or ALLIED Expedition u

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I second the HB tire carrier! Awesome price, company has fantastic attention to detail and holds up well. The modular system allows for up to a 37” tire and has provisions for a small rotopax and/or antenna, light package that you can purchase separately. There is also a limiting strut that helps actuate the tailgate with the bigger tire and limits the travel to prevent your large tire and/or rotopax from hitting your tail light.

There is also an HD system coming to market that will work with Raptor hinges (must purchase from Ford)

If interested, hit me up and I can get you one.

I’ve personally jumped mine six times with the modular system and rotopax holding a 37” tire. No issues.

Ford Bronco [Tailgate Reinforcement] Options Below. Wondering If anyone has installed TRAIL FX or ALLIED Expedition 6ECB5CB7-6A6E-4406-9CCD-E75789F9F611

65191068-5A66-438D-802B-06A2C9F81FDC.jpeg

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually got the Allied Expedition in on Friday. I haven't installed it yet though. Probably be a few weeks before I get to install it.

I liked it better than the others because they have an option of getting it with or without their logo (something ALL companies need to do!) and it included the antenna mount. It was also less cost than the others.

Sponsored

GreenBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered the Allied Expedition as well.....adding it to the build. We'll see how it goes.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually got the Allied Expedition in on Friday. I haven't installed it yet though. Probably be a few weeks before I get to install it.

I liked it better than the others because they have an option of getting it with or without their logo (something ALL companies need to do!) and it included the antenna mount. It was also less cost than the others.

My friend and I just finished installing the Allied Expedition bracket about an hour ago.

It fits great. Just a few things on the install. Make sure you put shims in like the instructions suggest. When we were installing everything we had to play around with tightening and loosening the bolts to get the hinges and everything to line up perfect. No big deal.

Also side note when you put the tire support back on you can use the black factory bolts instead of the silver ones that come with the kit.

IMG_1030.jpeg

IMG_1029.jpeg
Sponsored