First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
What torque specs did you use for the hinges and tire carrier bolts? I dont want to over torque and ruin the threads but I feel like I should tighten them up to see if my creaking will be reduced. I have the SAS package but my new wheel tire combo is 9lbs heavier than stock
I never found torque specs, and the videos don't mention them. But my thinking was that you should install the reinforcement BEFORE you developed creaking to prevent the issue, because once it starts something has changed and it might be difficult to change it back. Good luck
Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I never found torque specs, and the videos don't mention them. But my thinking was that you should install the reinforcement BEFORE you developed creaking to prevent the issue, because once it starts something has changed and it might be difficult to change it back. Good luck
I just used the bolt torque specs on the RC instructions by the grade of the bolt and applied some locktite been working well so far!

Dandeisel

Outer Banks
First Name
Shadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
By any chance would you happen to know the size of the rear tailgate hinge bolts? I'm trying to fabricate a Hi-lift Jack for the rear mount and will need to get a similar bolt but just longer. Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Several people keep asking what is the point in adding a reinforcement plate?

It distributes the weight of large spare tires across a greater surface area. 35” & 37” tires place a lot of stress on the tailgate. The reinforcement plate helps reduce metal fatigue / damage that can occur over time when hitting bumps and driving over tough terrain.

Probably not needed in most cases but I decided to get one for my Wildtrak.

OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2004 Mustang GT, 2021 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By any chance would you happen to know the size of the rear tailgate hinge bolts? I'm trying to fabricate a Hi-lift Jack for the rear mount and will need to get a similar bolt but just longer. Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Per the instructions they are: 8MMx45MM
Ford Bronco Rough Country Tailgate Reinforcement - Installed - fastener issue 1656698037158

Sponsored

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It did not. It did help a bit, but the creak is still there. The wheel and tire combo with the sasquatch is nearly 90lbs, so it's a lot of weight hanging off the back of that tailgate. The tailgate has max recommend weight load of 133lbs.
My neighbors Bronco Badlands had a creaking/popping sound when she picked it up from the dealer. The found a defective tailgate. Try wiggling the spare tire. That's how I found it..Ford replaced it within about 3 weeks.

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My neighbors Bronco Badlands had a creaking/popping sound when she picked it up from the dealer. The found a defective tailgate. Try wiggling the spare tire. That's how I found it..Ford replaced it within about 3 weeks.
The creaking is driving me nuts and I thought it was the top and now isolated it to the carrier. I can't imagine them just replacing the tailgate that easily. Any more information of the process with the dealer? I've had the dealer adjust the body panels for the tops twice thinking this was the issue, but will go back to them on the tailgate if something has been documented that there are "defective" ones

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The took it back to the dealer and showed them by pushing/pulling on the top of spare tire and you could see the outer skin on the door flex. They notified the regional rep and had it replaced under warranty.

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The took it back to the dealer and showed them by pushing/pulling on the top of spare tire and you could see the outer skin on the door flex. They notified the regional rep and had it replaced under warranty.
and the new one doesn't flex? or it does and doesn't make any noise. Just trying to be specific with them

Sponsored
OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com